Englishsammy

Rant

39 posts in this topic

I'm so mad right now. My mum has just had to meet up with her sister to sort out my grandfathers will (he died last January and the house etc has just been sold). This woman who is unfortunately related to us asked my mum if I was still marrying that nig**r, after an exchange of words she went on to say that why would I be marrying a nig**r, my grandfather would be turning in his grave (he would have really loved Roshon) and why wasn't my mum bothered!! My mum was so upset and just had to walk away to avoid a full scale argument in the street.

How awful are some people, she has never met Roshon nor would I ever introduce him to her but how can people be like this?? We have never had anything to do with her and her family, she made my mums life hell and her family have all been in jail, not only for hurting other people but for hurting each other (my cousin chopped his own mothers fingers off for finding her in bed with a guy just after his father died :wacko: ). You would find it difficult to find a more vile family (jobless, drug users, kids with all different people etc) than theirs yet they are the first to put their noses up at Roshon because of the colour of his skin. Err hello :o ???!!! I cannot get my head round this and it makes me soooooo angry :ranting::protest:

Yep, you can pick your friends but not your family.

Sorry just had to rant.................

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this right, are you the english part of the couple and Roshon the USC? I was horrified to hear that people like that still exist in the UK. It just shows what morons they are. Don't waste another moment thinking about your relatives, but just be glad you are getting away from them.

They are probably just jealous that you are embarking on something as exciting as this.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am so sorry :( That must be so horrible to have those kind of comments from your FAMILY. Don't let it get you down! You know you love him and you are doing the right thing and once they get to know him, they'll come around ...

((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) hang in there.

I, personally, think you two look adorable. I love the football pic :)

Edited by karo112

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

I can't imagine how hurtful it must be to have people in your family say such things about the man you love. *hug*

Do what you know is right...just keep loving your man and working towards the future you know you want to have with him. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know that it hurts... and I am sorry that members of your family are so close-minded. Thinsg used to bother me like that... but I try to live my life by example... to not judge others... or to show prejudism... the best example that I can give you is to carry on with your life, and the process to bring your sweetie to you as soon as possible. AND BE HAPPY!!! more times than not, people are just trying to make themselves feel good by be-littling another person... that means that you have something that they want... HAPPINESS... LOVE... SUPPORT... and that they are feeling isolated...

I wish you all the best... peace, love & happiness!

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry to hear of this but I it does exist in some families and sounds like this aunt is not very close to you anyway. I always say life is too short to try and please everyone and I am going to make myself happy. If you chose not to support me then go on your way. So hold your head up high and love the man you want to love and if the others can not see your love let them go and make your own happiness. (F)

Hugs,

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

You can choose your friends but not your family.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

thanks everyone :blush:

I am not close to her and her opinions matter nothing to me and my parents I'm just offended and hurt that she would say such things.......

I know I love him, my parents love him so I know thats all that matters but still.....it makes me so mad! My poor mum was really upset that someone could talk about Roshon like that.

Yep I am the UK citizen! I guess people are always willing to put someone else down....

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Unfortunately, there are bigots all over the world and you can only pity them. It is down to their own lack of education and, therefore, ignorance that makes them say such stupid things!

The others are right - just let it wash over you. Once you are in the US you can rest and enjoy your life with your husband, knowing that you are never likely to bump into this woman. At least your mother did the right thing and walked away - that shows she is a very strong, intelligent, woman and that has obviously rubbed off on her daughter.

Be happy and don't let this stupid old woman's comments upset you.

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Filed: Timeline

Unfortunately, you are related to some close-minded, idiotic, judgemental, ignorant people...to sum up, basically some Jerry Springer guests. All you have to do is look at them, look at all the dysfunctional things they've done - I mean cutting fingers off???!?! and realize that they are so ignorant, you almost have to feel sorry for them. I asid ALMOST! :P

I would call her up, say "i heard what you said about my fiance....if you can't show him respect, then you have no place in my life'

Not for the reason that I think it would stop her from feeling the way she does....but as a way for you to feel good for 'putting her in her place' Sadly, there will always be racists...hopefully one day there won't be, but people will hate other people for nothing more than because they're different. It's so stupid & hate-filled....but all you can do is not let it get to you. You and your honey are happy & in love and that's all that matters....that's the way you beat em, you be happy.

If anyone doesn't like it, tell em to go ^%&^%(&^ themselves. :yes:

I hate to say this but this will not be the last time you hear comments like this. I am also in an interracial relationship, I am white and my fiance is Jamaican. I have been lucky enough not to have heard anything like this from my family. But the only thing that counts is that you love each other and continue to support each other. It sounds like the ones closest to you (your mom) accept it and that really makes a difference, dont worry about what others say.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

thanks everyone :blush:

I am not close to her and her opinions matter nothing to me and my parents I'm just offended and hurt that she would say such things.......

If you're not close to her, you can just use the "Sharktales" approach to her (you know, "FUHGEDDABOUTIT!!!")

The ones who REALLY take the cake for this type of stupidity are Indians--not only do they make issues about non-desi fiance(e)s, but they'll ask (even repeatedly, as my dad's youngest brother did of me) about a desi fiance(e)'s "caste" (which, IMO, even for non-converted Hindus should be a "dunno-and-don't-care" issue!).

I know I love him, my parents love him so I know thats all that matters but still.....it makes me so mad! My poor mum was really upset that someone could talk about Roshon like that.

Yep I am the UK citizen! I guess people are always willing to put someone else down....

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Girl....you just go ahead and RANT!!!! :dance: People just make me crazy right now too. Seems that people do not care how we feel or how much we love our men. Tends to be the older generation that makes the ignorant comments too. The comments hurt, but you have to ignore them. People are still backwards and always will be. All we can do is show everyone that race/culture is not an issue....that THEY are the one with the issue! We will just continue to love our men! :luv: Hang in there!

It's truly terrible how racism still reeks its ugly head in society. I faced it myself, which I know must sound strange because I'm a white guy, but it can come from any race. Years ago I worked with a wonderful Asian woman and we fell in love and became very serious. Her family went ballistic and said the meanest, nastiest things one can imagine. They applied so much pressure that they caused my girl to almost have a breakdown. We had to break up because of it. I was not about to make her choose me over her family (there is a greater reason behind this that is too complicated to get into. Just trust me, it was the only decision that could be made).

But thank heavens my Vietnamese bride-to-be has wonderful parents who accept her decision. We will meet for the first time this May and I cannot wait. :)

Edited by Matt_Stevens

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Unfortunately, there are bigots all over the world and you can only pity them. It is down to their own lack of education and, therefore, ignorance that makes them say such stupid things!

The others are right - just let it wash over you. Once you are in the US you can rest and enjoy your life with your husband, knowing that you are never likely to bump into this woman. At least your mother did the right thing and walked away - that shows she is a very strong, intelligent, woman and that has obviously rubbed off on her daughter.

Be happy and don't let this stupid old woman's comments upset you.

My thoughts exactly! You have a great new life ahead of you, that woman doesn't. Let it in one ear and out the other :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail