thedude6752000

New Letter Writing Campaign on DACA and I-130 Processing Times

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

At the risk of veering off topic, do you think any legislative action will take place before November? I know the answer will be speculation, but I'm asking from the position of contacting people who are running for open seats OR better yet, hotly contested seats (I'm looking at you, Al Franken!)?

Maybe that's not the goal of this letter campaign, and I'm happy to discuss further in PM or another thread :-)

If Paul Ryan isn't on that list, I'm happy to try his office!

Actually, I think lack of action is what we are looking for. Obama and Boehner desperately want to pass something on immigration this summer, but Republican opposition is fierce. My hope is that by contacting so many Republicans, an anti-"reform" Republican will take up our cause as his own and use it as a very public way as a club to beat any immigration proposals at all before the elections (which will certainly return a Republican house and very likely a Republican Senate, who will not be prone to do anything at all on the issue) and will thus become the final "nail in the coffin" of "immigration reform" before the 2016 election. My further hope is that such a ruckus will be raised about this that when the Dems return to power in 2016 they'll include US citizen spouse and fiance visas in any reform proposal in order to stave off the same thing happening again.

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

@ thedude6752000, I have a request if it may added in this letter. I am the us citizen married to a Muslim Pakistani man. There is this overwhelming amount of cases being put on AP because of the religion and country these men are from. The main problem is that there are no guidelines no procedures for cases in AP. Many case are in AP for years tearing marriages apart. Causing so much stress, pain, depression and feelings of hopelessness not to say the feeling that we have done something wrong in marring someone from another country and we are being punished for doing things lawfully. Can this issue be added in your letter?

a95km9y.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

@ thedude6752000, I have a request if it may added in this letter. I am the us citizen married to a Muslim Pakistani man. There is this overwhelming amount of cases being put on AP because of the religion and country these men are from. The main problem is that there are no guidelines no procedures for cases in AP. Many case are in AP for years tearing marriages apart. Causing so much stress, pain, depression and feelings of hopelessness not to say the feeling that we have done something wrong in marring someone from another country and we are being punished for doing things lawfully. Can this issue be added in your letter?

I feel your pain sister, I am a white Christian man married to a Muslim Indian woman whose last name is Khan and whose first name is terribly common. I feel like walking, talking AP bait myself. Unfortunately that's outside the scope of the letter and you have to consider the audience. People like Bachman aren't going to care about the concerns of "the Moozlims." We have to focus on the USCIS part here. I would be more than happy to join a letter writing campaign against the outrageous ethnic profiling this country engages in against Muslims, but unfortunately in post 9/11 America you're dealing with a multi-billion dollar security-industrial complex that is deeply invested in this type of thing and a country which is generally unsympathetic to "Moozlim issues", so you're not likely to get anywhere. There is a large contingent of people, though, who are outraged by Obama's amnesty policies, and I feel that we can tap into that rage. That's the difference.

So short answer, no, long answer, that's another letter entirely and you're not likely to get anywhere with it.

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm in! Will change the wording for mine as a beneficiary and I'll even sign it with my real name and not Hotter Otter :P

Edited by Hotter Otter

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Actually, I think lack of action is what we are looking for. Obama and Boehner desperately want to pass something on immigration this summer, but Republican opposition is fierce. My hope is that by contacting so many Republicans, an anti-"reform" Republican will take up our cause as his own and use it as a very public way as a club to beat any immigration proposals at all before the elections (which will certainly return a Republican house and very likely a Republican Senate, who will not be prone to do anything at all on the issue) and will thus become the final "nail in the coffin" of "immigration reform" before the 2016 election. My further hope is that such a ruckus will be raised about this that when the Dems return to power in 2016 they'll include US citizen spouse and fiance visas in any reform proposal in order to stave off the same thing happening again.

Thank you for that clarification. I'll take a look at that list and get back to you!

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

I have written a new letter for a new campaign, which I believe should begin either next Monday after the end of the Memorial day recess. In addition to going after the usual suspects, I have written this letter for, and targeted it to, member of the media and members of congress who are opposed to the administration's so-called "immigration reform" attempts, as well as to House Speak Boehner and House Majority Leader Cantor, both of whom are on the record for "immigration reform." I will provide at the bottom of this post a list of member of the US House of Representatives who are known in their positions against "immigration reform." I believe that this letter should also be addressed to Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Aljazeera, Russia Today, the NY Times, the Washington Times, and any other news media we can reach out to. Please feel free to suggest emendation and make corrections. Thank you!

great write up dude

To whom it may concern,

I am a US citizen, my spouse is in a foreign country, we have broken no immigration laws, but I have not seen them in many months, and I am not likely to see them again soon.

Like millions of other American citizens, I have petitioned the government for the lawful and rightful entry of my spouse to this country to live with me through USCIS form I-130. I have done so in full accordance with the law, but instead of receiving the speedy and fair adjudication which I am and my spouse are due in accordance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA), which prioritizes family re-unifcation for US citizens over all other types of immigration, I have instead been made to bear the burden of increased processing times by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), through no fault of my own, but instead owing to the illegal prioritization of unlawful immigration benefits under the Obama administration's extra-constitutional Deferred Action for Child Hood Arrivals (DACA) program. Because of this program, which grants de facto immigration benefits (the right to stay in the US without fear of deportation and a work permit) to people who have no legal right, according to the INA, to reside in the country, I have been made to wait many months without anyone reviewing my case at USCIS. Furthermore it should be noted the review and approval of form I-130 does not in and of itself grant any immigration benefit, but instead merely authorizes the petitioner to apply for their spouses visa from the US Department of State, a process which can take anywhere from 5 months to several years. All the while, thanks to the illegal policies of this administration, unlawful immigrants who should, according to the INA, be deported to their home countries, have been granted de facto residencies and official work permits, and the bureaucratic burden of the paper work for these unlawfully granted immigration benefits has been unfairly and illegally placed upon US citizens like me who are lawfully petitioning the government for the re-unification of our families

DACA began back in 2012, and during the 12 month period from August 2012-July 2013, 573,404 DACA requests were received and 430,236 were approved a rate of 75%. By comparison, in the first two quarters of Fiscal Year 2013, 254,890 I-130 petitions were received at the National Benefits Center but only 2,755 were approved, a rate of about 8% (see 1st table below). In October, USCIS began processing I-130's in earnest, but by then a backlog of more than 380,000 petitions had accrued. USCIS promised to bring their processing times of then 13 months (!) down to 5 months by May 2014, but although their published number reflect this, numerous calls to their customer service line have confirmed that in fact they are only now adjudicating November petitions, yielding a true processing window of 7 months.

(first chart, which is apparently not allowed on here, is the original from the 2nd letter showing where DACA began and then its affect on I-130 petitioners)

(my second chart, showing case load processing up to March 2014, won't load; it shows where DACA began to affect I-130's and where they finally picked up I-130's and began working on them in October of last year).

The prioritization of illegal aliens over the lawful intending immigrant spouses of US citizens is outrageous and, what's more, against the law. The Obama administration has flagrantly violated US law in allowing illegal aliens to reside in this country, and has further flouted that law by prioritizing illegal immigration benefits for them over the need of US citizens to be reunited with their families. Under his watch, the USCIS has further ignored the law in falsifying processing time numbers in order to make it appear that they are giving the proper priority to US citizens, when in fact they are not. Below you will find links to USCIS emails obtained through the Freedom of Information Act which attest to the truth of this letter and provide damning evidence of incompetence and illegal actions at the USCIS under this administration. Also below in a New York Times article on this very subject, again attesting to the veracity of this letter. Both as a US spouse visa petitioner and a concerned citizen of this great country, I demand that an investigation be started into the criminal abuse of the immigration system by this administration for what appears to be purely political ends. A government which flouts its country's laws and hurts its own citizens for the gain of foreign nationals residing in its borders illegally cannot be trusted until such a time as these abuses are checked and all of its citizens can receive fair and just treatment under the law. Thank you, and God bless America.

New York Times Article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/program-benefiting-some-immigrants-extends-visa-wait-for-others.html?_r=0

FOIA Emails on DACA and the I-130s:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/145514197/2013-HQFO-00304-Combined-Redacted-Part1

FOIA Emails on the Transfer of the Backlog back to the Service Centers:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/759470e4-b1ac-4325-aac0-15ebc2e9275b

List of US House Members on the record as opposed to or not in support of so-called "reform."

NO

Michele Bachmann, Minn.

Lou Barletta, Pa.

Andy Barr, Ky.

Jim Bridenstine, Okla.

Mo Brooks, Ala.

Paul Broun, Ga.

Bradley Byrne, Ala.

Michael C. Burgess, Texas

Tom Cotton, Ark. (Opposes amnesty)

Rick Crawford, Ark.

Ron DeSantis, Fla. (Asked 2/25 to be moved from Yes to No)

Scott DesJarlais, Tenn.

Jeff Duncan, S.C.

John Fleming, La.

Cory Gardner, Colo.

Phil Gingrey, Ga.

Louie Gohmert, Texas

Tom Graves, Ga.

Tim Griffin, Ark.

Ralph M. Hall, Texas

Jeb Hensarling, Texas

George Holding, N.C.

Walter B. Jones, N.C.

Steve King, Iowa

Jack Kingston, Ga. (Moved 2/25 at request of his office from Declined to comment to No)

Tom McClintock, Calif.

Tom Price, Ga.

Tom Rice, S.C.

Dana Rohrabacher, Calif.

Steve Scalise, La.

John Shimkus, Ill. (Moved 2/25. His office told us he does not support amnesty or citizenship for those who broke the law. believes we should address the issues of border security and streamlining of agriculture and technology worker visas before discussing any legal status for illegal immigrants.)

Lamar Smith, Texas (Asked 2/25 to be moved from Did not respond to No)

Steve Stockman, Texas

Randy Weber, Texas

WORK IN PROGRESS

Robert W. Goodlatte, Va.

IN PART

Doug LaMalfa, Calif.

NOT RIGHT TIME

Raúl R. Labrador, Idaho

UNDECIDED/NO POSITION YET

Larry Bucshon, Ind.

Kevin Cramer, N.D.

Rodney Davis, Ill.

Kay Granger, Texas

Vicky Hartzler, Mo.

Tim Huelskamp, Kan.

Duncan Hunter, Calif.

Doug Lamborn, Colo.

Blaine Luetkemeyer, Mo.

Thomas Massie, Ky.

Luke Messer, Ind. (Moved 2/25 from Declined to comment to Undecided because his office says he is still reviewing the principles.)

John L. Mica, Fla.

Randy Neugebauer, Texas

Kristi Noem, S.D.

Robert Pittenger, N.C. (Moved 2/26 from Possibly yes to undecided at request of his office. He initially had told us any plan Must focus on border security first.)

Tom Petri, Wis. (Added 2/25, was left off the list in error)

Martha Roby, Ala.

Harold Rogers, Ky.

Pete Sessions, Texas

Aaron Schock, Ill.

Christopher H. Smith, N.J.

Lee Terry, Neb. (Added 2/25, was left off list in error. His office said he hasnt seen the plan but that any plan must have border security and e-verify components.)

Pat Tiberi, Ohio

Lynn Westmoreland, Ga.

Rob Wittman, Va.

Steve Womack, Ark.

Don Young, Alaska

We need to find contact info for them all by next week. Let's go VJ!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've written a similar letter and mailed it to thirty Senators and Congressmen. I mailed each one of them the same letter. Since I saw that the I-130 was going to take the rest of my life to get approved because of Obama's nonsense, I filed for K3 and we're approved. My wife is now trying to make an appt for her interview in Manila. But, that office is stacked up with demands from Typhoon Yolanda "victims." Nonetheless, my Congressman got involved. As soon as I saw the NY Times letter back in January, I went ballistic. After I cooled off, I wrote a letter in behalf of all of us who are being affected by Obama's illegal actions.

Having just moved, I'm still unpacking. I will attach my letter as well as a list of those to whom I sent it to as soon as possible. Like you, I reviewed the profiles and websites of each Senator and Congressman. I filed for my wife's I-129F in early February - we got the NOA2 in April! Her case is in Manila as of 12 May. I believe that we owe the rapid processing time - even for a K3 - to my Congressman, Chris Van Hollen (a democrat from Maryland) who was very actively involved and, to those who may have been working behind the scenes. Thanks!

The entire situation is a direct slap in the face to Americans and to immigrants who came here legally and to those who are trying to come here.

I wish everyone the very best of luck!

Peace!

Count me in!

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

RE: Wolf. I'm also a constituent, and his office got me an expedite after less than four months at USCIS. I've worked with Tom Alexander Tom.Alexander@mail.house.gov in the Winchester office. He also confirmed Goodlate as a good contact to move things forward in the House.

We have a lot of contact info to look up. I will look up

Michele Bachmann, Minn.

Lou Barletta, Pa.

Andy Barr, Ky.

Jim Bridenstine, Okla.

Mo Brooks, Ala.

On the Senatorial side I will take

Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)

I think everyone who can should take 5 reps and two Senators. I will also add the info for my rep, Frank Wolf, who I know for sure is against "immigration reform."

Filed: Timeline

I am all for decreasing a time for i-130 processing, but I and probably many thousands of others cannot use your petition, because it starts with "I am a US citizen, my spouse is in a foreign country..."

I and many others like me are sponsoring Parents and other categories of relatives of US citizens who undergo the SAME i-130 processing by USCIS with the SAME priority of processing as you do and while I and others would want to join you in petitioning for an improved I-130 time the text of petition needs to be changed to reflect other categories as well.

Timeline

I am all for decreasing a time for i-130 processing, but I and probably many thousands of others cannot use your petition, because it starts with "I am a US citizen, my spouse is in a foreign country..."

I and many others like me are sponsoring Parents and other categories of relatives of US citizens who undergo the SAME i-130 processing by USCIS with the SAME priority of processing as you do and while I and others would want to join you in petitioning for an improved I-130 time the text of petition needs to be changed to reflect other categories as well.

The only thing you would have to change is "my spouse is in a foreign country" to "my parent is in a foreign country." It's a letter, not a petition, so each one is to appear personalized, even if it is not. Please feel free to make the change yourself in your own copy. Harry Otter above is the beneficiary, recently arrived in the US, so he will have to change the wording as well.

And just as an FYI parent and spouse I-130's do have different processing times at most centers. Adult parents are not considered "immediate relatives" like spouses and minor children are. We do appreciate all of your support though. Thank you!

Edited by thedude6752000

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Adult parents are not considered "immediate relatives" like spouses and minor children are.

Incorrect, adult parents of US Citizens in foreign countries are considered immediate relatives and are not subject numerical visa limitations (IR-5 visa category).

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 8 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I know this is an old thread, but it is once again very very relevant as the DACA Feb 18 program threatens to delay I-130 and AOS in a way that makes 2012-2013 look like a walk in the park.

The link below is to another thread which had links to a White House Petition and an Petition Service that automatically emails your Congressional reps and Senators.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534064-aos-delays-from-feb-18-daca-program-petition-merged/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.