07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

yes...mind you i would not fancy sailing all the way to US from UK, LOL

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Any point of entry with officials.

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

are you planning to sail??

there might be custom officials at the seaport but not sure if they pertain to immigration

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The immigration officials may not necessarily be familiar with K1 procedure, however! Crew are required to have C1/D's, from which you can't spend any time in the US except whilst the ship is docked (and they check your I-90 every time you get off the ship) or getting to and from the ship (ie. sign-on and sign-off).

Does, of course, depend on which sea port you're talking about, but you might have to be doubly careful about making sure you get your I-94 back and that they take the brown packet, etc. if they're not used to dealing with K1.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Timeline

clmarsh,

Didn't say they would. And, they don't necessarily need to be familiar with K1 procedure.

Agreed, crew are going to be using different visas than passengers. Not all ships carry passengers, but all ships do have crew. Until they develop robotic ships, immigration officials are going to be on the scene no matter what type of ship.

Yodrak

The immigration officials may not necessarily be familiar with K1 procedure, however! ....

Timeline

And as I said, Yodrak, it may be wise to know what you should expect from a K1 entry in the (probably unlikely) event that the officers are not! Having worked on a ship which carried passengers and crew (naturally!), I've done that side of immigration. Just wanted to make sure that the OP didn't find their brown envelope still in their possession or anything else which could cause problems ;)

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

And as I said, Yodrak, it may be wise to know what you should expect from a K1 entry in the (probably unlikely) event that the officers are not! Having worked on a ship which carried passengers and crew (naturally!), I've done that side of immigration. Just wanted to make sure that the OP didn't find their brown envelope still in their possession or anything else which could cause problems ;)

Many thanks for all the answers. It was just a thought I had of Mike flying here and us both going back by ship and spending some quality time together.

Lyn ....UK

Mike ...USA

That's so romantic! :)

If you're considering such an option, be sure of how the ports of call will work for your ship. Don't, for example, disembark in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands, get back on the ship, stop somewhere else that is not a U.S. territory, and then expect to be let back into the States in New York or wherever your final destination might be. You need to be very careful not to enter the States or a U.S. territory until you're actually ready to enter with your K-1 visa, because once you use your visa, that's it for getting back into the country until you're married and you have your AP or green card in hand.

I'm sooooo jealous. Do have a marvelous time. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Timeline

That would be awesome!! Perhaps it would be worth speaking to the cruiseline, explaining your situation and asking if they've any experience with this kinda thing. You'd be amazed at what they know!

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sounds very romantic and I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it... you can enter the US at any legal entry point and there should be customs people there to take your packet from you :)

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.