mnos7i

4-month-old baby to travel with his mom after she got accepted for an IR-1 Visa

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

You are CURRENTLY residing outside the US you can file at this point the N-600K. If you are going to move back to the US in a month, that might be your intention, but you have to look at the situation at the time of filing (plans can change, maybe you stay longer in Egypt).

Thank you for your reply.

I have several other questions in case I file a N-600K:

1. Could I apply for a B2 visa for my baby boy after filing the N-600K but before getting an interview date? What are the chances of it getting approved before having an invitation letter from USCIS for the N-600K interview?

2. When my baby gets his interview date, do I have to travel with him or could anyone travel with him? Note that I can't prove my physical presence and my parent (child's grandparent) will prove his physical presence instead.

3. When the child travels to the USA with a B2 visa for his interview, will he have to return back to Egypt after getting approved or could he continue to live in the USA?

4. Is my child eligible for gaining US Citizenship through filing a N-600K form if he is intending to reside in the USA in the near future given that he is currently residing in Egypt?

5. On average, how long does it take to get an interview after filing a N-600K?

Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

1. Could I apply for a B2 visa for my baby boy after filing the N-600K but before getting an interview date? What are the chances of it getting approved before having an invitation letter from USCIS for the N-600K interview?

You can always try, I wouldn't count on it beeing approved. There is just no reason why at this point your son would be considered a tourist and would leave the country again after his authorized stay.

2. When my baby gets his interview date, do I have to travel with him or could anyone travel with him? Note that I can't prove my physical presence and my parent (child's grandparent) will prove his physical presence instead.

If you mean by traveling to the US, this can be done almost by anyone. But you would have to attend the interview, since you are the legal USC guardian.

3. When the child travels to the USA with a B2 visa for his interview, will he have to return back to Egypt after getting approved or could he continue to live in the USA?

After the interview is over AND APPROVED, your son becomes a USC. Hence he is allowed to stay or leave the US how he wants.

4. Is my child eligible for gaining US Citizenship through filing a N-600K form if he is intending to reside in the USA in the near future given that he is currently residing in Egypt?

At the time of filing he has to reside in Egypt, what he does in the future is upto him/you.

On average, how long does it take to get an interview after filing a N-600K?

Depending which field office you choose, 5-12 Months. Choose wisely.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Edited by Mark88

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

File the I130 for the child. Request an expediate on the ground that the child is too young and must be with the mother. It should be approved. Include that you tried to CRBA and were denied hence the urgent need for the I130. If the I130 expedite is denied. Have the mother stay as long as possible ( she should have 6 months after issue to travel ) and then if you have to have her do a turn around fly to the US to activate the green card and get the temp stamp then return to wait with the child for a visa.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Have the mother stay as long as possible ( she should have 6 months after issue to travel ) and then if you have to have her do a turn around fly to the US to activate the green card and get the temp stamp then return to wait with the child for a visa.

Or just push out the interview as long as possible until the child is ready for processing at the embassy, too. Like mentioned in another post, the worst thing what could happen for the mother, is that she would need to redo her medical if it expires due to the proecessing of the childs petition.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Timeline

You can always try, I wouldn't count on it beeing approved. There is just no reason why at this point your son would be considered a tourist and would leave the country again after his authorized stay.

If you mean by traveling to the US, this can be done almost by anyone. But you would have to attend the interview, since you are the legal USC guardian.

After the interview is over AND APPROVED, your son becomes a USC. Hence he is allowed to stay or leave the US how he wants.

At the time of filing he has to reside in Egypt, what he does in the future is upto him/you.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

I appreciate your help, thank you! And do my parents (child's grandparents) need to be physically present in the United States throughout the N-600K process and the interview? Because I called the US Embassy today and they asked me if my parents are currently present in the United States or not and they mentioned that they should be present there but they weren't sure about this face and told me to return to the N-600K instructions. I've read the instructions several times but I couldn't find anything that states this fact is needed.

Timeline

File the I130 for the child. Request an expediate on the ground that the child is too young and must be with the mother. It should be approved. Include that you tried to CRBA and were denied hence the urgent need for the I130. If the I130 expedite is denied. Have the mother stay as long as possible ( she should have 6 months after issue to travel ) and then if you have to have her do a turn around fly to the US to activate the green card and get the temp stamp then return to wait with the child for a visa.

About the turn around, how will my wife get back into the US without a green card if she just gets the stamp and returns back to Egypt?

Timeline

I appreciate your help, thank you! And do my parents (child's grandparents) need to be physically present in the United States throughout the N-600K process and the interview? Because I called the US Embassy today and they asked me if my parents are currently present in the United States or not and they mentioned that they should be present there but they weren't sure about this face and told me to return to the N-600K instructions. I've read the instructions several times but I couldn't find anything that states this fact is needed.

They do not need to be present at the interview, BUT the N-600K is there for the CO to verify their physical presence. If any questions should come up, they could clarify any points. Otherwise it could all be delayed for months if they need follow up information they only can receive from your parents.

You actually only need one grandparent to be present, since you can only file the N-600K on grounds af one grandparent beeing a USC. If both are, that is even better, but use the one where you have more physical proof.

About the turn around, how will my wife get back into the US without a green card if she just gets the stamp and returns back to Egypt?

The visa they put in her passport is her green card valid for upto 1 year, or until she receives the plastic one.

I appreciate your help, thank you!

You're welcome :)

Timeline

They do not need to be present at the interview, BUT the N-600K is there for the CO to verify their physical presence. If any questions should come up, they could clarify any points. Otherwise it could all be delayed for months if they need follow up information they only can receive from your parents.

You actually only need one grandparent to be present, since you can only file the N-600K on grounds af one grandparent beeing a USC. If both are, that is even better, but use the one where you have more physical proof.

You mean the N-600K is there to prove there physical presence for 5 year in the United States, but what if they have a proof of 30 year physical presence in the United States but they are not currently present in the United States, is that a problem? or do they just need the proof of the physical presence of any previous 5 years regardless of there current presence in the United States?

Both of my parents are US Citizens.

Timeline

If they have proof for more than 5 years, that is even better. You only can file the N-600K and claim USC through one grandparent, so choose one. I don't think they have to currently reside in the US or where they live at the moment, but maybe someone else can clarify.

Timeline

https://egov.uscis.g...sDisplayInit.do

I can't understand the processing times charts, I can't find the N-600K I can only find the N-600 processing time. Where could I find the N-600K processing time in different centers?

Do I search for it in the Field Offices or the Service Centers? (I can't find it in both though.)

https://egov.uscis.g...sDisplayInit.do

I can't understand the processing times charts, I can't find the N-600K I can only find the N-600 processing time. Where could I find the N-600K processing time in different centers?

Do I search for it in the Field Offices or the Service Centers? (I can't find it in both though.)

Timeline

N-600k is a subform of N-600, so it will the the same processing time. Choose the field office.

And will the field office I file the N-600K to the place for the future interview? Or will I choose the place for the interview after getting approved?

You can choose any field office in the US to have the N-600K interview at; you make your selection on the form.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.