Sweet28

When is the right time to file

49 posts in this topic

Always happy to see a friendly exchange of ideas here! :idea:

Maui wowee!!! Of course we will have to meet in Colorado for that. hahaha

Aloha

Here is our videos and link and I have also subscribed to your channel as well...Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSfBqrk33w

You guys made me miss Filipino food already! Especially the Lechon.. Grrrr! Thanks for sharing your videos! :)

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Right after we sing Kumbaya and take a couple of hits on some real Hawaiian gold... :thumbs:

LMAO.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You guys made me miss Filipino food already! Especially the Lechon.. Grrrr! Thanks for sharing your videos! :)

lol your welcome...I miss it so much as well,. I was a hop skip away from living in the phil but its to damn hotttttt lol. That's the only thing that is keeping me from living there right now but we are gonna build a house so when we visit we will stay for about 3 or 4 months.

Don't forget pinakbet and dinaguan, my personal favorites! Lucky we live Hawaii where the population is 30% Filipino so we have many Filipino restaurants and stores everywhere. Halohalo too!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I meet him 2yrs ago when i was in states last 2012. But our communication suddenly disappear and we didnt save any proof of our communication.

Have you met in person within the last 2 years? What was the date of the last time you were together in person?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't forget pinakbet and dinaguan, my personal favorites! Lucky we live Hawaii where the population is 30% Filipino so we have many Filipino restaurants and stores everywhere. Halohalo too!!

Hmmm might have to take a trip with the fiancé after we get married and go to Hawaii :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

David and Zoila I just watched your video, is lovely!!!!! Congratulations for the love and the life together!!!!! Blessings!!!!!

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Hmmm might have to take a trip with the fiancé after we get married and go to Hawaii :)

You could make Hawaii your POE. Visit us here on the Island of Maui. Hey while you're here you can get Maui'd. You could have a Filipino catered wedding reception. Wow, can we come?

Aloha

David and Zoila I just watched your video, is lovely!!!!! Congratulations for the love and the life together!!!!! Blessings!!!!!

Thank you so much for the compliment. Yes, I love her so much. I have been so blessed by God. I met Zoila at a time in my life when I thought I could find no more happiness. She has changed my entire life. God Bless you both.

David

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I knew I wanted to marry my fiancé a few days after we really started talking (I had known him a year, but we never had private conversations.) within 20 min of meeting him in person I knew I was right & wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. He proposed 3 days later & I said yes with no hesitation. When you know, you know.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

I knew I wanted to marry my fiancé a few days after we really started talking (I had known him a year, but we never had private conversations.) within 20 min of meeting him in person I knew I was right & wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. He proposed 3 days later & I said yes with no hesitation. When you know, you know.

I couldn't agree more!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a very good question. But the only answer is on you. When you know that she is the one and you have thought about living your lives together and being fully committed and meeting each other 100% in the middle. If she brings the best out in you and you guys just love being with each other no matter what you are doing. Those are just little traits that I love about my girl. Once you really know that she is the woman for you for the rest of your life then that is the right time to file. Nobody on VJ can tell you that. Good luck and you will know when it is the right time soon enough. From what I have heard though you probably should give it a little while longer because it does not look like you are ready if you are asking this question. I wish you the best. If you have any questions please let me know. And good luck!

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have you met in person within the last 2 years? What was the date of the last time you were together in person?

You mentioned that you met in 2012 when you were in the US. That is why I am asking when you were last together in person. You need to have been face-to-face at least once within the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F.

And to answer about the proposal, no ring or official proposal is required. You should be serious, engaged and planning to marry within 90 days of your entry with the K-1 visa though.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.