DouglasSheridan

Somewhat of a personal matter.... women and menstrual cycles

47 posts in this topic

Weight loss, weight gain, stress all can mess up your cycle big time.

When I was travelling round the world I didnt get a period for 11 months..which after I stopped panicking was kinda cool :D

Also the mini-pill can cause breakthru bleeds, as can the combi-pill so you might need to change yr birth control.

Of course my hormones are usually in BT / LMHA mode and all over the shop and never regular.

BT / LMHA =####### This, Lets mess her around

:lol:

If you're worried then get it checked out; it may not be 'a big deal' but it is to YOU if its making you fret - peace of mind will help with the stress big time :)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been regular, but the length of days has been somewhat erratic. I have PCOS though, which plays a major part in it...as does the weight that comes with this disease. Weight does play a part when trying to get pregnant, for some women. Hope things even out for you though...hugssssssss! (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Ktun,

You could try taking your basal temperature. You can download a basic graph online. I did this when I was trying to get pregnant as i didn't think i was ovulating. The Ob/gyn here recommended I did this for 3 months. I also mentioned the herbal supplement above. But of course if you can try and see a doctor. It took my friend in England (whose 30) about a year and half to get pregnant. Every woman is different.

shona

Shona, thanks for the advice. I did start to do the BBT chart a few months back, but didnt find it too helpful as my waking time is inconsistant and therefore the temps were all over the place. I read that you are supposed to take it at the same time everyday before you get up. But I will try it this month with setting my alarm and see what it shows. I'll also look try to get to a doctor soon. I think at least my thyroid medication needs adjusting.

I know that every woman is different, I guess I'm just getting kinda freaked out since after a year the medical profession considers you to be clinically infertile.

Hubby jokes that at least we're saving money on BC pills :huh: He has a daughter from a previous marriage.

AOS TIMELINE

16th December 2005 - Sent I-130, AOS, EAD & AP USPS overnight to Chicago Lockbox

18th December 2005 - Received at Chicago 9.18pm.

23rd December 2005 - NOAs for I-130, AOS, EAD, AP!! Didn't expect them that quickly

13th January 2006 - RFE for Medical and additional I-864 info

17th January 2006 - INFOPASS Apt about RFE.

23rd January 2006 - Appointment notice for Biometrics on 10th Feb.

10th February 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

21st February 2006 - Medical. Cost $250 including all blood tests, Td Shot, TB test and Titers for MMR and Varicella.

27th February 2006 - Appointment with immigration lawyer re. RFE for I-864.

1st March 2006 - Final results Medical. Papers in hand to send.

10th March 2006 - RFE responses to Lees Summit

13th March 2006 - RFE responses signed for at Lees Summit

24th March 2006 - Emergency AP approved in Omaha

28th March 2006- Collected AP

31st March 2006 - EAD Approval online

7th April 2006 - EAD arrived in mailbox.

21st April 2006- Received Interview Date for 22nd June

9th May 2006- Received SSN

22nd June 2006- AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED

REMOVING CONDITIONS

June 20 2008 - Package mailed to CSC under new rules. Would have been an NSC transfer

June 23 2008 - Package recieved at CSC

June 27 2008 - Recieve NOA1

July 16 2008 - Biometrics

July 17 2008 - Touched

September 9 2008 - Card production ordered

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Ktun,

You could try taking your basal temperature. You can download a basic graph online. I did this when I was trying to get pregnant as i didn't think i was ovulating. The Ob/gyn here recommended I did this for 3 months. I also mentioned the herbal supplement above. But of course if you can try and see a doctor. It took my friend in England (whose 30) about a year and half to get pregnant. Every woman is different.

shona

Shona, thanks for the advice. I did start to do the BBT chart a few months back, but didnt find it too helpful as my waking time is inconsistant and therefore the temps were all over the place. I read that you are supposed to take it at the same time everyday before you get up. But I will try it this month with setting my alarm and see what it shows. I'll also look try to get to a doctor soon. I think at least my thyroid medication needs adjusting.

I know that every woman is different, I guess I'm just getting kinda freaked out since after a year the medical profession considers you to be clinically infertile.

Hubby jokes that at least we're saving money on BC pills :huh: He has a daughter from a previous marriage.

Ktun,

Try not to worry too much. I tried for 3 years to have my second son. I was put on clomid and got pregnant within 5 months. I ended up just going private for the prescription. Ironically I then got an appointment from the NHS and had to cancel it becasue I was pregnant. I understand the frustration, upset and disappointment that seems quite consuming. Carry on doing the chart but do see an ob/gyn who I'm sure will put your mind at ease.

Take Care

Shona

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

My body is like a clock since I gave birth. And it is depressing :crying: I can never have a week off :whistle:

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Ktun,

shona

Ktun,

Try not to worry too much. I tried for 3 years to have my second son. I was put on clomid and got pregnant within 5 months. I ended up just going private for the prescription. Ironically I then got an appointment from the NHS and had to cancel it becasue I was pregnant. I understand the frustration, upset and disappointment that seems quite consuming. Carry on doing the chart but do see an ob/gyn who I'm sure will put your mind at ease.

Take Care

Shona

I totally understand about the worrying, I cant help myself either.

I suppose for me the worry comes from having my boy so easily 10 years ago. I was seventeen ( a good 50+lbs lighter ) and in a teen relationship, and fell pregnant within a month.

I have been on the pill for a short time from 15-16 but took it so irregularly, the Mom decide to just let me to it, and trusted I would use other means... result, pregnant at 17 LOL

I was very lucky and had a beautiful son, who is a very loving and caring child, and so easy-going.

Anyhow, I then married at 22 and was in this relationship for 4 years, not using any contraceptives. We never fell pregnant. After two years we decided to both get checked out, and it turned out at first that he was fine, but I wasnt ovulating. After a year of monthly bloodtests, the Doc mentioned how strange it was for me to have a regular 28 day cycle, yet not ovulate. I replied stating it wasnt 28, but 31 (the fertility doc never asked, just assumed it was 28). So they finally figured out they had been testing me on the wrong day!

I then went back for another 5 months and it turned out every time I ovulated. Then eventually they sheduled me for an internal exam, at day of ovulating. There it was noted I had two nice eggs, ready for fertilation, so getting pregnant shouldnt have been an issue at all. The doc being dumbstruck, with no other answers just blamed it on me being fat and my body rejecting any implanted eggs. They never agreed to do any more tests unless I lost the 50 lbs. By then, my husband was getting really ill due to his heartcondition and eventually passed away 3 months later.

I now am married to Doug and very happy, however that dream of having more children still haunts me. I am trying to loose some weight. Have lost 10 in the past two weeks and gotten some exercise equipment and tapes. Will go 10 at a time. Hopefully by the end of the year, my weight has come down a good bit and we are settled in our new home and feeling secure money wise etc.

I am still not taking any pills or anything, cos Doug just wants to let it flow and have it happen whenever. But my period being out of wack now just worries me!

And also, last September, after being here for 3 weeks, I can home from our time together and was 10 days late on my period. I took a pg home test and it was positive, so we all got real excited. Took one the next day and it went to a negative and I had my period approx 5 days later.... so that bit of excitement didnt help.... it makes me think about it even more. So this is added stress.... easily said to give it a rest and not think too much bout it, but not so easily done huh?!

Anyhow, one more thing, the BBT charts, my fertility doc back in England said doing those wasnt always a good thing, cos body temp can be raised for diff reasons, she advised those ovulation tests you can buy over the counter, but you gotta be well aware of the dates. Also, simple bloodtests like I went through are good, provided they do them at the correct time.

Well ladies, I have to say, even tho I kinda felt embarrassed starting this topic I am darned pleased I did!

Like I said, there is fertility forums out there, but none of them knowing perse of all the immigration stress we have added!

Thanks again for the advice and sharing of useful info!

S.

12/07/05 - receive K1 & K2 visa from embassy

12/09/05 - flew to Lincoln, NE - moving to USA to be with my hun :)

12/27/05 - apply for SSN

02/03/06 - receive SSN

02/04/06 - WE TIE THE KNOT :):)

02/09/06 - applied for State ID - learning to drive.....

02/13/06 - re-applying SSN - married name

02/15/06 - starting AOS and EAD process

02/18/06 - finally got everything in the post (certified mail via USPS)

02/20/06 - package delivered to Chicago (on Presidants Day??)

02/27/06 - NOA1 for 2x AOS and EAD

03/04/06 - biometrics letters received for 2x AOS & EAD

03/13/06 - biometrics appointment in Omaha, NE

03/14/06 - both AOS and EAD got touched... as a result of biometrics?!

06/09/06 - EAD approved

08/03/06 - AOS interview - APPROVED!

11/05/06 - found out we were pregnant :):):):):):):)

07/09/07 - Gabriella is born 7lbs 4oz. - 20 inch. long - an Angel sent from above

05/02/08 - Immigration again... removing conditions this time....

05/09/08 - My son received his extension letter

05/13/08 - I receive my NOA1 - here for at least another year!

05/28/08 - getting my biometrics done

09/30/08 - GC APPROVED - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

<a href="

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Ktun,

shona

Ktun,

Take Care

Shona

I suppose for me the worry comes from having my boy so easily 10 years ago. I was seventeen ( a good 50+lbs lighter ) and in a teen relationship, and fell pregnant within a month.

I have been on the pill for a short time from 15-16 but took it so irregularly, the Mom decide to just let me to it, and trusted I would use other means... result, pregnant at 17 LOL

I was very lucky and had a beautiful son, who is a very loving and caring child, and so easy-going.

Anyhow, I then married at 22 and was in this relationship for 4 years, not using any contraceptives. We never fell pregnant. After two years we decided to both get checked out, and it turned out at first that he was fine, but I wasnt ovulating. After a year of monthly bloodtests, the Doc mentioned how strange it was for me to have a regular 28 day cycle, yet not ovulate. I replied stating it wasnt 28, but 31 (the fertility doc never asked, just assumed it was 28). So they finally figured out they had been testing me on the wrong day!

I then went back for another 5 months and it turned out every time I ovulated. Then eventually they sheduled me for an internal exam, at day of ovulating. There it was noted I had two nice eggs, ready for fertilation, so getting pregnant shouldnt have been an issue at all. The doc being dumbstruck, with no other answers just blamed it on me being fat and my body rejecting any implanted eggs. They never agreed to do any more tests unless I lost the 50 lbs. By then, my husband was getting really ill due to his heartcondition and eventually passed away 3 months later.

I now am married to Doug and very happy, however that dream of having more children still haunts me. I am trying to loose some weight. Have lost 10 in the past two weeks and gotten some exercise equipment and tapes. Will go 10 at a time. Hopefully by the end of the year, my weight has come down a good bit and we are settled in our new home and feeling secure money wise etc.

I am still not taking any pills or anything, cos Doug just wants to let it flow and have it happen whenever. But my period being out of wack now just worries me!

And also, last September, after being here for 3 weeks, I can home from our time together and was 10 days late on my period. I took a pg home test and it was positive, so we all got real excited. Took one the next day and it went to a negative and I had my period approx 5 days later.... so that bit of excitement didnt help.... it makes me think about it even more. So this is added stress.... easily said to give it a rest and not think too much bout it, but not so easily done huh?!

Anyhow, one more thing, the BBT charts, my fertility doc back in England said doing those wasnt always a good thing, cos body temp can be raised for diff reasons, she advised those ovulation tests you can buy over the counter, but you gotta be well aware of the dates. Also, simple bloodtests like I went through are good, provided they do them at the correct time.

Well ladies, I have to say, even tho I kinda felt embarrassed starting this topic I am darned pleased I did!

Like I said, there is fertility forums out there, but none of them knowing perse of all the immigration stress we have added!

S.

Hi sheridan,

It's very possible that you could have been pregnant but lost the baby. Just for the record Rite aid sell another hebal supplement which is called Fertility blend for women. I tried that too and it regulated my cycles. Lol I also tried the ovulation testing kits. As you said it's prob better better to have the blood tests which are far more accurate I believe. Sometimes nature needs a little intervention.... which I am glad I did. I couldn't stand the stress of trying to get pregnant for so long and as I said it worked. Also try and take a multivitamin which includes folic acid.

Try and stay positive. Ovulation problems are cured in 95 percent of women.

Love Shona

Shona

Edited by shona

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Have you had your thyroids checked honey? All the stress of moving and immigration has caused me a whole new erra of health problems too. Can you go to the dr? do you have some kind of insurance yet? I just went to the dr and it cost me 220 just for me to sit in her chair! Good luck.

pauline (L)

Some of what's been described sounds similar to something my sister was diagnosed with last year.

It's a fairly common, yet very ofte un-diagnosed condition called PCOS.

She finally knew why her periods were so irregular, why she'd been unable to conceive, and why she's gained so much weight so rapidly.

She was also under a lot of stress, working graveyard shifts for years. The stress may have helped contribute to the development of the condition, but I think Genes have a lot to do with it too.

Here's a link: http://www.soulcysters.com/

I wonder sometimes what goes on with female care in the UK. I thought it strange this last summer when the woman coming from the UK were upset over having a 'female exam' as part of their consulate physical. It's not my favorite thing to have done, but I've been prodded since I was fifteen, so I guess it doesn't stress me. Of course my husband couldn't tell me what the normal health exams for women in the UK are like - he never even had sisters!

I was very surpised when I returned to the UK after spending 25 years in South Africa to be told by a family planning nurse that a gynaecological exam was only considered necessary once every 5 years. She was horrified that I'd been getting one annually in South Africa with a private Gynae apparently in the UK unless you have a history of problems it is considered unnecessary and invasive but then again this the NHS?

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Some of what's been described sounds similar to something my sister was diagnosed with last year.

It's a fairly common, yet very ofte un-diagnosed condition called PCOS.

Oh yeah. Welcome to my nightmare.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ktun,

shona

Ktun,

Take Care

Shona

S.

Hi sheridan,

It's very possible that you could have been pregnant but lost the baby. Just for the record Rite aid sell another hebal supplement which is called Fertility blend for women. I tried that too and it regulated my cycles. Lol I also tried the ovulation testing kits. As you said it's prob better better to have the blood tests which are far more accurate I believe. Sometimes nature needs a little intervention.... which I am glad I did. I couldn't stand the stress of trying to get pregnant for so long and as I said it worked. Also try and take a multivitamin which includes folic acid.

Try and stay positive. Ovulation problems are cured in 95 percent of women.

Love Shona

Shona

Sheridan,

I just wanted to echo what Shona said here. There is no way to know how many miscarriages a woman has in her lifetime, but it's estimated that at least once or twice and probably more each woman will have one so early that they didn't even know they were pregnant. It's common for many reasons that doctors are just starting to touch the issue of understanding. "Sometimes things just aren't right" is the standard answer.

I do want to say (and I may have said it earlier) that for me I found it was harder to conceive as I got older than it was when I was younger. Maybe it's the extra weight, I don't know. Once we knew it wasn't going to happen right away for us I just started to make sure we had sex at least every 2 days to be on the safe side (my periods are so irregular that it's impossible to predict when I'm ovulating - although I started to recognize the signs once I was).

Someone mentioned your thyroid. My dad and my sister in law both have thyroid problems. I am getting mine checked as soon as I have this baby. You should have yours checked... it could affect your cycles by affecting your weight (it did for my sis in law and she finally conceived once she got her thyroid under control).

I may have mentioned earlier (I'm on a roll and don't feel like scrolling back :P ) that you should get your hormone levels checked now that you are trying. If you have low progesterone (which I did) your cycles will be very irregular and you will find it extremely hard to conceive if you do at all with this condition. Mine were so low that I lost a baby, and then actually conceived again and had to take progesterone supplements for the first 3 months of my pregnancy. Your body can't substain a pregnancy without enough progesterone (which helps make the pregnancy hormone). So that also could account for the positive test and then the negative a week later.

I wouldn't wait.... go get a full exam from a doctor. And if he tells you its because you are "fat" tell him to kiss your #ss and find another because he's full of sh!t.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Other Timeline

I just wanted to hand out a few related links here:

I recommend all women check out the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" - by Toni Weschler (I got mine on eBay!). It's an amazing resource for women of all ages to learn more about their body, their cycles, and their fertility (or even infertility). It's my body bible. (L)

Also, someone earlier up mentioned the toxic chemicals that go into making menstrual products in the US, and the world over. Consider the DivaCup or clothpads for a healthier you and healthier environment. (F)

I'm the USC, and my cycles started going wacky once I realized Aidan and I would have to be separated. Not only that, but I got hives! A pretty moderate case of them, that appeared on my forehead, arms, back of neck, and breasts. At the time, we thought it was a food allergy or eczema, but when I got back to the states, my doctor said, "You don't have eczema, you have hives!" He offered steroids, but I refused and once Aidan moved here and the wedding was over, the hives went away. Was a very itchy 10 months, though.

Now that we're dealing with AOS, my cycles are all screwed up again--along with severe cramping, breast pain and tenderness, headache borderlining migraines, and bad lower back pain. Stress can mess with the body in all sorts of ways. All we can do is try to relax, eat a healthy diet (cut back on salt and refined sugars, especially around period time), exercise, and share love with our families as much as possible. :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Absolutley normal to experience some changes after a stressful event.

I was lucky and didn't have any problems once I moved here, but when I had Cancer and after all that #######, I didn't have a period for over a year. Its amazing how your body can react to illness and stress.

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy