w0ndering

I looked at the guide but I don't see a list of fees

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

is there a list of fees for the process? I only know the "filing fee" is 340.00.

I have asked my fiancee to find the cost of passport(s), Police cert, birth certs, and an estimate of the cost to Kiev from her city. This is assuming she will still need to go to Kiev in the coming months and not Moscow then. Oh, and the cost of a medical exam for her and her son.

I saw adj of status is just over 1,000 but if I am corret this is after she is actually here and after the wedding, correct?

thanks

is there a list of fees for the process? I only know the "filing fee" is 340.00.

I have asked my fiancee to find the cost of passport(s), Police cert, birth certs, and an estimate of the cost to Kiev from her city. This is assuming she will still need to go to Kiev in the coming months and not Moscow then. Oh, and the cost of a medical exam for her and her son.

I saw adj of status is just over 1,000 but if I am corret this is after she is actually here and after the wedding, correct?

thanks

Yes the AOS is after she is here and you both marry, after you marry you will then put in your I-485 form for adjustment of Status and that is a fee of $1070

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Then after Said time you will file the form I-751 form for Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence with a Filing fee of $590

http://www.uscis.gov/i-751

Edited by metalgear6164
I-129F Petition
Service Center: Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You likely will not find a comprehensive list as that as soon as it is published, there are likely changes.The DOS Nonimmigrant K-1 Visa FAQs provides some info and links about fees and associated costs:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#10

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

yes I have looked at that. it does not list the fees.

You have to follow the provided DOS and USCIS links to find the current fees.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

yes I have looked at that. it does not list the fees.

There is no listed fees. There might be some blogs written specific for your fiancee's country, but have to be very careful if they're recent or updated. You might find the cost of the medical fee in your country's US consulate website. As for the other incidental cost and requirements like birth certificates, etc, they are all country-specific and might differ greatly if her residence is not close to the embassy or clinics of the panel physician for her medical.

As for the AOS, this is after the wedding and when you have the marriage certificate at hand. Cost is (currently) $1070. You will have to check with the link that A&B provided, just in case the cost changes by the time you are ready for AOS.

All the best! :thumbs:

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

yes this is what I have come up with so far. I will have to wait and see what she says about birth cert and police cert.

• 250 medical for wife
  • 250 medical for son
  • 340 filing fee
  • 240 K1 visa fee
  • 000 Reciprocity Visa Fee
  • 500 lawyer (possible)
  • 125 travel to embassy
  • 75 passport
  • x police certificate
  • X birth certificate
  • 2300 airfare (2 tickets to US)

$4,100

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the k2 visa fee is the same amount as the k1 visa fee,

so add it in to your list.

Good on you for compiling a list.

Unsure if someone has mentioned this, but - fees change over time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Well if the child is coming, you have to double the K1 visa fee - 240x2.

For USCIS fees - go to uscis.gov/forms

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The police certificate did not cost my fiance, or her daughter(16 years old and over need one, too) anything. We translated the birth certificates not for the embassy, but for when they are here. Official translation and notary. I think it was around 300UAH for 3, herself and 2 daughters. Not sure if they charge for a birth certificate in her city if she does not have one.

Also, get divorce papers and school records translated. Not just for embassy, but mainly for USA. I think the clinic, I might be mistaken, will translate vaccinnation records, but if they don't, then we will have those done prior to leaving for America.

The medical per the embassy website should be $215 per person. However, not sure if this is what the clinic is charging. When we made the appointment, the clinic quoted 2700UAH and the exchange rate was 10.50, but now it is higher, so the dollar cost went down. We will know the exact amount on Monday when my fiancee goes to the appointment.

Your travel costs might be a little low for 2 people to Kiev. Remember, the clinic they go to is only in Kiev so they either make 2 trips, or go the clinic on one day followed by the interview the next. That is what we are doing. If something happens at the medical, we can always cancel and reschedule the interview at the embassy.

Good luck!

Timeline

OK.... her ex is getting married in July so he has this divorce paper already and he will return it after that. thanks for the medical info! Oh so she must bring her son to kiev for this also. Hmmm...... so the airplane tickets then doubled also from 250 to 500. the cost of the translation is not worth putting down. :dancing: and yes the dollar is currently stronger @ 11.77 UAH/$.

Brian&Larissa, how did my numbers look that I listed? With the information you've given. i have made some changes to this:

215 medical for wife
215 medical for son
340 filing fee
240 K1 visa fee wife
240 K1 visa fee son
000 Reciprocity Visa Fee
500 lawyer (possible)
250 travel to embassy and back wife
250 travel to embassy and back son
75 passport
000 her divorce certicate
000 police certificate
X birth certificate
2300 airfare (2 tickets to US)

does the filing fee then double also?

Darnell.... I just have to ask. what is the woman doing in the video? cute but what is she doing?

Timeline

Save $500, or more, and do your own filing! A lawyer has no more pull than you. With the subject-matter experts and guides on this site, it is a breeze. You forgot hotel costs and expenses while in Kiev during the medical and interview time. In addition to the airfare, you should budget for extra baggage fees when they travel here. Remember: You want them to take as much as they can without shipping via ground. It is cheaper to pay extra baggage charge than ground shipping. Is your fiance going to do the medical followed the next day by the interview at the embassy, or will it be 2 trips to Kiev? If she is in Crimea, then you will need to possible get visas to enter Ukraine if she adjusted citizenship to Russian. depending on the age of her son, you might want to review what vaccinations will be required for AOS in the states. Might be better to get them in Ukraine.

Timeline

i will just have vaccinations there and he's 5 only. if i do the lawyer its out of paranioa. I am on disability now but I believe by the time she arrives I will be able to work again. I will have my brother-in-law co-sponsor. its a little extraordinary and i just want to be sure its all in order. i dont want any excuses for the person at the embassy to spend ANY extra time with her.

hm... baggage fees, yes. her son has soooo many toys. i mean its crazy! suitcases. at least 3. baggage fees is the best option for this? i think she will have to pick and choose some most favorite toys of his. i think he will want some when he visits.

Oh, so what would constitute a "bag". she had mentioned that a simple bag can be used. is it by weight in this case. or if its usual airline guidelines. its anything under a certain weight but if she gets just some "bags" not luggage. she has to watch the size and shape?

thanks... in advance. not in crimea thankfully. Zap. is her city ;)

Timeline

You can find the bag costs, dimensions and weights on the airline's website. Basically, the 1st bag is free up to 23kg. Normal suitcase. Also, one carry on per person. It is not just toys, but also momentos that she/him might want to bring. Remember, they are leaving everything behind...keeping part of their lives with them is a benefit. Also, I know everyone thinks of just cheap flights, but keep this in mind: Has she traveled internationally before? Does she know how to navigate an airport? Think of the airports in Europe and the USA. In Europe, I recommend, if she is just traveling with her son, to change planes in Amsterdam. London, Paris, Frankfurt....monster airports and can be very intimidating even for the experienced traveler. Then you need to think of where she will arrive in the USA. Which airport will she go through Customs? Remember in the States, once she clears Customs, if needing to connect to another flight, she will have to re-check her bags and possibly go to a different terminal and go through security AGAIN. Personally, if you live near an international airport, that is where you want to arrive on her international flight. She goes thru Customs...gives over her paperwork and walks out the door into your waiting arms.

Or, if you can, you go to Ukraine and bring her back with you. This is what I am doing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

does the filing fee then double also?

No. You simply need to list the child on the I-129F petition. No extra forms needed, so just the one $340 filing fee for the I-129F.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.