26 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

We received the hardcopy of our NOA2 in the mail today and I have a few questions... the first sentence says the petition was approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. I am assuming this means the consulate we specified on the application since there is mot one listed on the letter? (Duh) I am also assuming that the application is actually on it's way to the NVC, and then the consulate? And that this is all "normal" aka what I am supposed to receive? I looked at the sample NOA2 here and it was different. I'm guessing it's just out of date

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

congratulations on your NOA-2 after one week start calling nvc for your case number and invoice,for choice of agent and aos

Thank you! Invoice and AOS? I thought that was for spouse visas?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you! Invoice and AOS? I thought that was for spouse visas?

if this is what you were implying, AOS = Affidavit of support! i always get this confused with Adjustment of status.

K1-VISA POE: February 20, 2015.

~Married: April 13, 2015!!~

AOS: I485/I765/I131 Forms Sent: 06/23/15
Notice Of Action for all forms: 07/01/15
Biometrics Appointment sent: 07/01/15
Biometrics Appointment date: 07/21/15

Case Status Via Online: As of JULY 28, 2015 we are ready to schedule interview.

EAD/AP Approved: 08/27/15

EAD Mailed: 09/01/15

EAD Received: 09/04/15

Green card interview : nov 2015

2 year green card received: 12/22/15

Mine said exactly the same thing...and yes it will go to nvc....mine was approved on 4/24 and I received email.and txt on Friday 5/2 that it was sent to nvc...they will assign it a case number and then ship to consulate...that takes up to 2wks...so yes we are both headed in the right direction

Mine said exactly the same thing...and yes it will go to nvc....mine was approved on 4/24 and I received email.and txt on Friday 5/2 that it was sent to nvc...they will assign it a case number and then ship to consulate...that takes up to 2wks...so yes we are both headed in the right direction

Oh they will notify me when they ship my documents? And just two weekds to ship and forward to the consulate? I was expecting about a month!

Oh they will notify me when they ship my documents? And just two weekds to ship and forward to the consulate? I was expecting about a month!

if this is what you were implying, AOS = Affidavit of support! i always get this confused with Adjustment of status.

I guess the previous poster was talking about a spousal visa ( looked at the timeline). For a spousal visa they have to pay AoS at NVC stage. Affidavit of support is never known as AoS on VJ. Also, affidavit of support ( I-134) is needed at embassy stage for the interview not at NVC for K-1 visas.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

I saw your I-129F was processed at TSC. You can get update on USCIS website when they will shipped the approved petition to National Visa Center ( NVC). But, before shipped to listed consulate, it will transit at NVC first to get a case number. With the case number you can started your K-1 visa application which means you have to lookup to the US embassy where your fiancé(e) will have the interview. Remember, each consulate has their own requirement so you probably need to read the US embassy portal on VJ. You can lookup on my signature to see step by step from USCIS to NVC.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

I saw your I-129F was processed at TSC. You can get update on USCIS website when they will shipped the approved petition to National Visa Center ( NVC). But, before shipped to listed consulate, it will transit at NVC first to get a case number. With the case number you can started your K-1 visa application which means you have to lookup to the US embassy where your fiancé will have the interview. Remember, each consulate has their own requirement so you probably need to read the US embassy portal on VJ. You can lookup on my signature to see step by step from USCIS to NVC.

Thank you! I will continue to check the USCIS site. At what point along the way did you get your case number and how? I tried calling the 603 number many times today even though j know it was too early lol and it was always busy.

Thank you! I will continue to check the USCIS site. At what point along the way did you get your case number and how? I tried calling the 603 number many times today even though j know it was too early lol and it was always busy.

I actually got my case number from Department of State (DoS) instead of NVC. But, I heard they are not accepted phone inquiries anymore from K-1 visas. It is okay just to try. I had my case number 2 weeks after approval's date on USCIS and TSC well known on VJ is pretty fast sent approved petitions to NVC. Also, you can wait a mail from NVC that is contain all information about the petitioner and beneficiary including your case number.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got my noa1 today, and an update that my alien registration # has changed, can you guys let me know how long after this you guts got your noa2..? It will help me alot... Thx in advance

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

I got my noa1 today, and an update that my alien registration # has changed, can you guys let me know how long after this you guts got your noa2..? It will help me alot... Thx in advance

I can't give a correct answer since you are filed for K-3 visa. This forum only for K-1 visa. Probably it is better you posted to another forum (K-3 or IR-1/CR-) or ask moderators to move your post.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

I actually got my case number from Department of State (DoS) instead of NVC. But, I heard they are not accepted phone inquiries anymore from K-1 visas. It is okay just to try. I had my case number 2 weeks after approval's date on USCIS and TSC well known on VJ is pretty fast sent approved petitions to NVC. Also, you can wait a mail from NVC that is contain all information about the petitioner and beneficiary including your case number.

Do you have the number for the Department of State where you got your case number? I called (202) 485-7600 but that says it's for nonimmigrant visas, and of course (603) 334-0700 is still busy. Or did you email? If so, what is the address? Thanks!!! :)

Do you have the number for the Department of State where you got your case number? I called (202) 485-7600 but that says it's for nonimmigrant visas, and of course (603) 334-0700 is still busy. Or did you email? If so, what is the address? Thanks!!! :)

You can contact NVC to inquire for the case number. This is the number that my then-fiance used to call: (603) 334 0700

You can also email them, more info here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc/nvc-contact-information.html

For email, use your USCIS Receipt number as the subject, which you can find on your NOA 1 and 2. Allow atleast 10 business days from receipt of NOA 2 before you call or send an inquiry.

NVC will be sending you a mailed letter as well in about 2-3 weeks, informing you of this information and that they will send your I-129f case file to the consulate where your fiancee will be interviewed.

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.