Dida04

Case Number (DV2015)

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I am new here, my case number is 2015AS 83xx.

I am from Iran but currently I live in Toronto. Any thought about when my interview can be? The interview location is in Montreal for now.

Another question is, I have most of the documents requested in interview translated to english in 2005 by an official translator back home, do you think they accept these translations?

Thanks a lot,

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

I am new here, my case number is 2015AS 83xx.

I am from Iran but currently I live in Toronto. Any thought about when my interview can be? The interview location is in Montreal for now.

Another question is, I have most of the documents requested in interview translated to english in 2005 by an official translator back home, do you think they accept these translations?

Thanks a lot,

I'd normally say July or August but you're from Iran, which is often "Special", so let's make it September.

Timeline

I'd normally say July or August but you're from Iran, which is often "Special", so let's make it September.

Thanks a lot, do you mean September 2015?

what about the translations? do you have any idea if they accept old official translations from IRAN?

Timeline

Thanks a lot, do you mean September 2015?

what about the translations? do you have any idea if they accept old official translations from IRAN?

Yeh next year. September is being a bit pessimistic. It all depends if Iran is special or not.

You can just get them translated again right?

Timeline

Yeh next year. September is being a bit pessimistic. It all depends if Iran is special or not.

You can just get them translated again right?

I really appreciate your answer, thanks.

I have to wait and see :)

What about form i-134, if I don't have a person in the US to support me, do you know how much money for each person in my bank statement need to be shown in my interview?

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My story is simple. My fiancee was selected for further processing. We both are Lithuanians and we live in Lithuania. Her case number is EU7XX which I assume is extremely low for European region. We still did not submit the DS-260 form because we are planning to get married at the end of August, because we want to travel to United States together. My questions is: if we submit our DS-260 forms on September or October, when we could hope to get an invitation for the interview? As the case number is low, so even if we postpone the submission of the DS-260 form can we hope to have the interview at the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015? How everything works in this case, does the low case number guarantee the early invitation to the interview even if the form is submitted later?

I kindly thank you for your answers.

Edited by vyttux

Timeline

Hello,

My story is simple. My fiancee was selected for further processing. We both are Lithuanians and we live in Lithuania. Her case number is EU7XX which I assume is extremely low for European region. We still did not submit the DS-260 form because we are planning to get married at the end of August, because we want to travel to United States together. My questions is: if we submit our DS-260 forms on September or October, when we could hope to get an invitation for the interview? As the case number is low, so even if we postpone the submission of the DS-260 form can we hope to have the interview at the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015? How everything works in this case, does the low case number guarantee the early invitation to the interview even if the form is submitted later?

I kindly thank you for your answers.

Yes that's an October number.

It's safer to get married then submit the DS-260 with you included but it's hard to know how the DS-260 is going to change things with regards interview timing.

If you click the submit button straight after the wedding ceremony I think you'll have your interview in November since they like to give 6 weeks notice and there is probably some processing time beforehand. I can't imagine they'd include you in October since they'll have already allocated all the interview times.

Have you thought of heading down to the registry office, doing the official marriage paperwork now and submitting the DS-260, then having the ceremony as currently scheduled? Then you wouldn't have any of these complications.

Filed: Timeline

Yes that's an October number.

It's safer to get married then submit the DS-260 with you included but it's hard to know how the DS-260 is going to change things with regards interview timing.

If you click the submit button straight after the wedding ceremony I think you'll have your interview in November since they like to give 6 weeks notice and there is probably some processing time beforehand. I can't imagine they'd include you in October since they'll have already allocated all the interview times.

Have you thought of heading down to the registry office, doing the official marriage paperwork now and submitting the DS-260, then having the ceremony as currently scheduled? Then you wouldn't have any of these complications.

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes we are thinking about this option: to do all the marriage paperwork now and to have the official ceremony later.

There is one thing I am trying to understand: how they plan and schedule the interview dates according to case number. For example, if a person has a very low European Case number, he postpones the DS-260 submission and submits the form on January 2015. Does it mean that according to the cut-off number and his low case number he "jumps" to the very beginning of the queue for the next months possible interviews?

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes we are thinking about this option: to do all the marriage paperwork now and to have the official ceremony later.

There is one thing I am trying to understand: how they plan and schedule the interview dates according to case number. For example, if a person has a very low European Case number, he postpones the DS-260 submission and submits the form on January 2015. Does it mean that according to the cut-off number and his low case number he "jumps" to the very beginning of the queue for the next months possible interviews?

Effectively as I understand it yes - if the number is already current you will be included in the next round of scheduling . I'd expect it to take longer than gulkan said though as they can take 1-2 months to process the application, and then another 8 weeks to schedule the interview.

Bear in mind you will be asked to show evidence of a bona fide relationship as the marriage takes place after selection.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.