Carla V

Scam is avoidable

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I didnt spent enough time on VJ for a while and I adore the community and the advises here, It helped tons in my first part of the journey... Im here, waiting the moment I have to start with ROC... meanwhile I tried to answer and help others as I was helped... I was away from internet for a while...

The real thing is that as soon as I came back I've been reading all this terrible cases of scam and lies... To be honest... IS AVOIDABLE!!!!

My case was throught internet meeting and as many, a long distance relationship. First of all, the long distance make it soooo difficult, but there are always flags to look for...

If you plan a wedding is wise to know the person face to face... not just by skype, facebook, chats or phone!!! A few days with someone gives you an idea of what to expect but they are easily a fake too... Are you meeting a person who is doing the things they do in any normal day or just a mirage of what you always dream??? Do you know the family, work place?? coworkers? friends??? You can guess a lot of someone knowing the real person with real relationships and real chores.

Now, is there limits on phone call schedule??? Can you just appear one day, surprising the person with a visit or call?? Nothing to hide means that it could be any time!!!

Checking the traditions and cultural differences can save you future brake ups and a lot of pain!!!

Normally is not advisable to send money for "monthly expenses or emergency situations" you really can't tell if it was true or not.

All these scams with pregnancy are so mean!!! Nowadays the only people who get pregnant is the one trying to, there are so many birth control options that makes unbelievable a surprise pregnancy. Is not bad to be a little sceptic about a pregnancy because you are not with the person 24/7 yet...

Also, if it looks like a "luck punch" or something that you could never dream of having... it could be just a fantasy... Try always to be true to yourself and dont let sweet words to blind you

Finally, can you be sure that is the love and share with you a life the reason to come to the US or is just wanting to come what makes your relationship work... what about trying the "maybe I can move to your country first" and check how that make the other person react.

Im sorry for the long post but I feel sad of reading all those stories with bad endings that can be prevented. Honestly wish you all a smooth and a happy journey because we all deserve great experiences and memories in our life.

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Fall in love is easy but stay in love with the same person over years need a lot work and commitment to make it happens. We dated 5 years before my fiance filed I-129F for me. LDR is not for faint-hearted.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You make a lot of good points especially the ones about knowing their friends, family and job and being wary of people who can only talk at certain times and are put out if you want to talk at other times. If you only see their life through the thin lens they give you then you should be wary.

The problem is sometimes it's human nature for people who are lonely or desperate to ignore all the warning signs because they want to "fall in love". We all want to feel giddy and lose our inhibitions a bit when we fall for someone. Even people who have been fooled before. Occasionally people seem to almost ask for it, I remember a guy who was fooled by a foreign woman and then asked in the same thread for advice on websites where he could meet other women from the same country. Plus a quote from another member who had been tricked saying "where do I find another one"? Faber est quisque fortunae suae as the saying goes. If you treat foreign spouses as a commodity maybe you are standing with your head above the parapet and waiting to be fired at.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Timeline

Now I really want to know what a "luck punch" is but I'm wary of googling it.

lol!!! You are right!!! I just translate it from an expression we have in Mexico... but is really just like "winning the lottery" or "too much lucky to believe it" Sorry :)

Now I really want to know what a "luck punch" is but I'm wary of googling it.

lol!!! You are right!!! I just translate it from an expression we have in Mexico... but is really just like "winning the lottery" or "too much lucky to believe it" Sorry :)

! dveMm6.png

Timeline

Hotter Otter, you are right!! Sometimes we just have the recipe for disaster... Just hope not to many more because is sad to read heartbroken people

Girl, thats true!!! I think the distance and time also showwhen love is real :)

! dveMm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.