Mr. Big Dog

BREAKING: Oklahoma Botched Execution

164 posts in this topic

Because U is fairly low in the Alphabet. :content:

no. "U.S.A" always goes first. or we could try "#1 United States" that would also put us in our rightful first place.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

no. "U.S.A" always goes first. or we could try "#1 United States" that would also put us in our rightful first place.

I do hate it when I am so inconvenienced as to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the country list.

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/mar/29/death-penalty-countries-world

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is odd that other societies have had issues with life long incarceration, seeing as cruel and unusual punishment.

I have sympathy with this view.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I do hate it when I am so inconvenienced as to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the country list.

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/mar/29/death-penalty-countries-world

much better.

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, us and lots of other individual freedom centered countries feel that way Maybe one day we'll be as enlightened as China on the subject. One can only really hope.:

Death Penalty Permitted
  • Afghanistan
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Bahamas
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Barbados
  • Belarus
  • Belize
  • Botswana
  • Chad
  • China (People's Republic)
  • Comoros
  • Congo (Democratic Republic)
  • Cuba
  • Dominica
  • Egypt
  • Equatorial Guinea
  • Ethiopia
  • Guatemala
  • Guinea
  • Guyana
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Jamaica
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Lesotho
  • Libya
  • Malaysia
  • Mongolia
  • Nigeria
  • North Korea
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Palestinian Authority
  • Qatar
  • St. Kitts and Nevis
  • St. Lucia
  • St. Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore
  • Somalia
  • South Sudan
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Uganda
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United States
  • Vietnam
  • Yemen
  • Zimbabwe

How did that go? Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are. :whistle:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Other Timeline

This was a real nice dude....

Lockett murdered Neiman on June 3, 1999. Stephanie, 19, had just graduated from Perry High School, where she played the saxophone in the band, two weeks earlier.
Neiman and a female friend had stopped to visit another friend named Bobby Boynt, 23, who was at his Perry home with his 9-month-old son.
Clayton Lockett, 23, his cousin, Alfonzo Lockett, 17 and Shawn Mathis, 26, were already there. While Boynt's baby son slept in another room, they had tied up and were beating Boynt because he owed money to Clayton Lockett.
When Neiman's friend went inside the home they hit her with a shotgun then forced her to call Neiman into the home.
They repeatedly raped Neiman's 18-year-old friend, tied up the two women then used Neiman's truck to take the adults and the baby to a rural part of Kay County. When Neiman refused to give Clayton Lockett the keys to her truck or provide him the alarm code, he ordered Stephanie to kneel while Mathis dug a grave.
Lockett shot her and the gun jammed. While Neiman lay there screaming, the attackers cleared the jam and Lockett shot her a second time. Even though she was still breathing, he ordered the other two attackers to drag her into the grave and bury her.
They threatened to kill Bobby Boynt and Neiman's friend if they went to police, but they did anyway. Perry police arrested the three attackers just three days later.
Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

How do you conservatives that support the death penalty who clamor day and night about government over reach, and the government having too much power, support giving the government the ultimate power in taking someones life?

just wondering..... -_-

In all fairness It's not just conservatives, I think the last polling I read a large number of Americans support the death penalty.

It's not the governments fault this man had to die. He took the first step down that road, knowing where it went.

Timeline

I think that the state should execute prisoners using a method that preserves their organs so they be harvested and sold, then give the money from the sales to the families of the victims to compensate for their pain,suffering and to open a trust fund for any children the victim has. The state keeps a small portion to help recoup some of their costs. It is a win for everyone. Someone's life is saved or improved with the organs, the state recoups some of their costs, and the victim's family is compensated for their loss!

Awesome idea.

Hell, why don't we just go Game of Thrones on everyone and chop offenders head's off in front of a crowd!

You do know that executions used to be public spectacles, right? It's not a Game of Thrones thing. The crowd would cheer when the person died.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

And of course, jurors, prosecutors, CSI and eye witnesses have never made an error in making a decision on something that could mean life or death. :rolleyes:

So I guess you never drive because you might have or cause an accident?

Yes, harpa darling, I do indeed know that. I am, however, in the middle of a second rewatch of the third season and in the middle of the third book. So forgive me if my comparisons are grrm-swayed.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.