Nikki88

February 2014 TSC Filers

570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We have the same timeline. Seeing these people waiting & this run around just causes more panic in my head. My fiancé & I hate long distance & I can't see how people can do it for years. I need him here with me & the thought of waiting until next year to see him again hurts so much. I just want to touch his face & kiss his shoulder & be his wife. I'd've married him back in March, except them the wait would be even longer. This process isn't fair...

Being a long distance relationship sucks but at the end of the journey we will be with the one we love. My fiancée thinks that this long distance relationship made us a stronger couple ! It may sound cliché but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger !

Sent : 04/16/2014

Received : 04/21/2014

NOA1: 04/23/2014

Alien registration number : 04/28/2014

event.png

Timeline

Hey guys, someone from January TSC filers just got transferred to CSC 2 weeks ago. I hope this is good news for us all (although confused as she's the only one yet).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/481749-january-2014-tsc-filers/?p=7115242

That's a great news maybe she is the only one yet on vj but other may have been transferred too. We are just a small percentage one here of the people who apply for k1 visa

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Being a long distance relationship sucks but at the end of the journey we will be with the one we love. My fiancée thinks that this long distance relationship made us a stronger couple ! It may sound cliché but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger !

Yes, I agree...this distance has made us stronger. In fact, I'd never have met him if it weren't for the distance (I met him through a friend who'd been playing video games with him for 8 years & we met in minecraft lol.) plus, he's short & Ive always disliked short guys, so I'd probably have just ignored him. (Shallow, I know) But instead, we talked excessively & I just fell in love with him, even after knowing he's only 2 inches taller than me (I'm 5'2). We are inseparable...talk every day & text whenever we can't voice chat. We are also velcroed to each other in person lol. I just hate being away...I need him here...

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline

Yes, I agree...this distance has made us stronger. In fact, I'd never have met him if it weren't for the distance (I met him through a friend who'd been playing video games with him for 8 years & we met in minecraft lol.) plus, he's short & Ive always disliked short guys, so I'd probably have just ignored him. (Shallow, I know) But instead, we talked excessively & I just fell in love with him, even after knowing he's only 2 inches taller than me (I'm 5'2). We are inseparable...talk every day & text whenever we can't voice chat. We are also velcroed to each other in person lol. I just hate being away...I need him here...

I met my fiancée on Twitter, one of his tweet got retweeted by one of my favorite artist so I decided to follow him and that's how we started to talk. We have a 13 years age difference, he probably wouldn't have pay attention to me if we had met elsewhere.

I live in the small town and I only have my phone to access internet. the network is bad so we can't do video call really often but we found a way to get him a French number. Now I can call him for free.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well USCIS updated the site (although it states as of May) that they are now beyond the 5 month processing time and are currently working on a file for December 17th..

what the efff!

So this means that everyone is screwed in making congressional inquiries? So, when it comes to my 5 month in September, they'll be working on mid february and I won't be able to put in a service request until mid december which is at 8 months...and december is when I was hoping he'd be here by (which isn't too much to ask for considering I filed in april) I'm really upset. This whole thing isn't fair. I know I haven't waited as long as you guys in february, but finding this out just makes it worse...

Edited by Julie+Matt

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So this means that everyone is screwed in making congressional inquiries? So, when it comes to my 5 month in September, they'll be working on mid february and I won't be able to put in a service request until mid december which is at 8 months...and december is when I was hoping he'd be here by (which isn't too much to ask for considering I filed in april) I'm really upset. This whole thing isn't fair. I know I haven't waited as long as you guys in february, but finding this out just makes it worse...

I called a news station about this. I think others should do the same. The more people who know about this, the more likely something can be done. Constructively and collectively.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah it's a bit crazy... they shouldn't put 5 months as the time frame for the waiting time for TSC. More like 9 months... I don't want to be pessimistic but I would think they would put more people in that center since they receive so many requests.

I'm from Canada... we're not a high risk country for immigration fraud at all.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure that I really believe what USCIS says... I've been keeping up with the January TSC thread and some of them are starting to receive updates. Maybe that's just wishful thinking but I feel like we'll here something by next month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancé just received notice from his senator in Connecticut that they are working on the issue and our case. He said they have a system with USCIS and we should hear back within 1-2 weeks.

It seems many are also doing the same, whether we get our cases pushed through and approved, or transferred to CSC, I honestly believe things will start moving in the next 1-2 months with a group effort.

Fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed! :-)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone.

Well. I returned from Toronto and my 2 weeks of happiness on Sunday. And even though TSC news gets more and more depressing a major change is happening in my life.

I just got hired for a job in Portland (one that I've wanted for some time) and that means, I'll be moving to Oregon in August.

I am a little worried that when I submitted my I-129F, my fiance was going to come to Puerto Rico, but now things have changed, and so he's actually going to join me in Portland.

My 5 month mark doesn't happen till the 27th of july...but I don't know if I should call and give this update. Would it push our case back even further? Will I have to submit another application? Should I not call until the 5 month mark is here?

The good news is that now we won't have to travel in order to get married, since we can now do this in Portland as of about 2-3 months ago. On the other hand, this also means that I probably won't be able to go to Montreal for his interview, unless the interview happens on one of my days off, as I doubt I'd be able to get time off starting off at a new job.

Stay strong.

Edited by Mike&Luis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is a service request? I find it totally unacceptable that one service center completes 10% and a different one completes 94+% !!!

Must be something that can be done. :(

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.