Danno

BAN ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION backed by Supreme Court!

97 posts in this topic

Hang on a mo -

affirmative action had it's time and place.

IMO (and others) it's outlived it's useful lifespan.

I cant tell if you are trolling or not, but when we have to have discussions like this where we can clearly show hiring biases against blacks and people still dont believe it, it is needed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As a human being you should want to treat all people the same and equal, unless you are not human?

NOw thats just silly.... unless you believe that all people are the same and will equally fit in every place of employment.

I might prefer women in the front office and men in the warehouse.

I might have found Blacks get along better with other blacks in certain depts.

I might not want anything other than english spoken or I don't like foreign head garments.

IF you doubt these distinctions are noticed be employers go into most small black owned business's and see how much diversity they go in for.

If we don't pick out a puppy blind folded what are the odds we will hire an employees that way?

I cant tell if you are trolling or not, but when we have to have discussions like this where we can clearly show hiring biases against blacks and people still dont believe it, it is needed.

Should we have affirmative action for heavy people or ugly people.... they too have to work harder to find a job.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

NOw thats just silly.... unless you believe that all people are the same and will equally fit in every place of employment.

I might prefer women in the front office and men in the warehouse.

I might have found Blacks get along better with other blacks in certain depts.

I might not want anything other than english spoken or I don't like foreign head garments.

IF you doubt these distinctions are noticed be employers go into most small black owned business's and see how much diversity they go in for.

If we don't pick out a puppy blind folded what are the odds we will hire an employees that way?

Should we have affirmative action for heavy people or ugly people.... they too have to work harder to find a job.

Let's be real. You are still stereotyping. To say all black people could not get along if you put them side by side, or all white people cannot get a long if you put them side by side is ridiculous. And as far as a warehouse position, please!! We have women soldiers so if you think a woman can't handle picking up a box you are moving more into sexism.

Sure, let's move AA to fat and ugly people. They got to work too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think they dont or shouldnt be allowed a job because they are fat or ugly?

Timeline

Let's be real. You are still stereotyping. To say all black people could not get along if you put them side by side, or all white people cannot get a long if you put them side by side is ridiculous. And as far as a warehouse position, please!! We have women soldiers so if you think a woman can't handle picking up a box you are moving more into sexism.

Sure, let's move AA to fat and ugly people. They got to work too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think they dont or shouldnt be allowed a job because they are fat or ugly?

I'm not stereo typing as much as I am speaking for common thought (not me personally).

Sexism has a foundation, women soldiers can not compete with men, why do you think they spend so much money trying to find a physical fitness test that women can pass in any numbers... and yet still be meaningful.

Look when an employer invests into hiring a person, they typically choose the person they feel is "most likely to fit" the roll they are looking to fill.

They are also looking for people who will fit on a personal level.

You want to do what... take the power of Gov't and make a business owner hire people she does not want to hire because you think it is fair?

Life is not fair Janelle believing you can make it so by the boot of Gov't is dangerous.

Edited by Danno

William Penn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No, alas, not trolling.

I grew up during affirmative action, desegregation of schools, etc etc

and

mostly,

if a person of color was (pardon my language) afforded the education, the right education, they could go anywhere, do anything.

All within my lifetime.

Since the schools have improved so much, anyone, regardless of skin hue, can get the right education that'll get them into college, and they can get a degree, and go to work.

That wasn't the case when I was 4. That was the case when I was 20, and prevalent. It's been prevalent some decades now, and IMO (and others) the need for affirmative action not exist anymore, as the 'feeding platforms' made an equal playing field for all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'm not stereo typing as much as I am speaking for common thought (not me personally).

Sexism has a foundation, women soldiers can not compete with men, why do you think they spend so much money trying to find a physical fitness test that women can pass in any numbers... and yet still be meaningful.

Look when an employer invests into hiring a person, they typically choose the person they feel is "most likely to fit" the roll they are looking to fill.

They are also looking for people who will fit on a personal level.

You want to do what... take the power of Gov't and make a business owner hire people she does not want to hire because you think it is fair?

Life is not fair Janelle believing you can make it so by the boot of Gov't is dangerous.

Life is not fair because we have evil doers and thinkers who are determined to not make it fair by holding down and back others. Plan and simple.

No, alas, not trolling.

I grew up during affirmative action, desegregation of schools, etc etc

and

mostly,

if a person of color was (pardon my language) afforded the education, the right education, they could go anywhere, do anything.

All within my lifetime.

Since the schools have improved so much, anyone, regardless of skin hue, can get the right education that'll get them into college, and they can get a degree, and go to work.

That wasn't the case when I was 4. That was the case when I was 20, and prevalent. It's been prevalent some decades now, and IMO (and others) the need for affirmative action not exist anymore, as the 'feeding platforms' made an equal playing field for all.

I know the times you have seen and I still see them. It is needed and if there were harsher reparations for racism and discrimination people would be more inclined to think more about the people that they intentionally want to hurt before they hurt them.

But, we will see one day when the U.S. falls to the lowest pit of all possibility. We can never be a great nation until we can stand together. Divide and conquer is a technique used for centuries and this will be used against the U.S. If you think for a second other nations do not see how weak we are, you are wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I dunno - the scope of stuff under 'hate crimes' has expanded in my lifetime,

to include racial stuff. Lots of attorneys out there handling cases, also.

So, if affirmative action is yanked, the 'hate crimes' laws take over? I dunno, still smells like a hole left, somewhere.

[a hole where there's no coverage]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm fine with the term hate crime as long as it includes anyone or anything who does anything that they planned to do for the sole purpose of changing something from what they didn't like to what they like. What? You mean that falls under the description of previously defined crimes? Well hell! We can't have that. Crimes committed by blacks against whites are not done because of hate. Only white people can commit hate crimes. Doesn't everyone know that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
employers on the whole prefer to hire white felons over black men with no criminal record.

Why is that? Previous experience?

I'm fine with the term hate crime

Another joke. Maybe they need a love crime? Would that be more or less serious? Maybe a reduced sentence for love crimes? You know the kind of crime where you shot someone but you said nice things to them or didn't say anything at all? Or if you killed someone from your own race...maybe that could be a love crime with a lighter sentence.

Timeline

Life is not fair because we have evil doers and thinkers who are determined to not make it fair by holding down and back others. Plan and simple.

Why do you call the Black owned dry cleaners evil just because the owner tries to hire unemployed young blacks when he can.... why is he evil?

Or the guy who prefers Mexicans on his construction work force.

Maybe in his opinion they more often show up for work and work hard.

It's not automatically about hate,

often the demographic that is preferred is preferred for a specific quality or reason.

William Penn

Timeline

As a human being you should want to treat all people the same and equal, unless you are not human?

By the way, this is exactly what I do in life, I treat each person as an individual and with fairness.

I believe most people do this as well but in a free country, people have to be free to associate themselves with whom they chose.

William Penn

Another joke. Maybe they need a love crime? Would that be more or less serious? Maybe a reduced sentence for love crimes? You know the kind of crime where you shot someone but you said nice things to them or didn't say anything at all? Or if you killed someone from your own race...maybe that could be a love crime with a lighter sentence.

Because most folks think black people are already criminal. It's been ingrained into the sub conscience of almost every country on this planet.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

By the way, this is exactly what I do in life, I treat each person as an individual and with fairness.

I believe most people do this as well but in a free country, people have to be free to associate themselves with whom they chose.

People go to work for the basic necessities of life, food, water and shelter. People don't go to work for associates and friends although these things can be an added plus if you make a friend after you start a job.

So, you don't want to work with a black person because they may not become your future "associate" or "friend?" That is just silly.

You do know all people are not alike, right?