Danno

BAN ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION backed by Supreme Court!

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Your reply was so irrelevant I did't read all of it. Most immigrants that come here, come voluntarily and can go home if they choose.

Their ancestors did't slave the land so that citizen A could become rich.

Yarn!!!!!

-Most of our ancesters slaved at one time or in one way.

-95 out of every hundred people in the south did not own slaves...... thats a lot of people not getting rich off of slavery.

Not only that but these non-slave owners had to compete against slavery.

How valuable is your labor if you are competing against slave labor?

Slavery was bad first to the Black Slave but also to the average poor white as well.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I agree it is out there. It just seems that the consensus here is that whites are overwhelmingly racist. I just don't see racism everywhere but I tried to explain a possible reason why I don't. I found racism overseas a lot though. In fact every country I went to except Canada were disgustingly racist. Never been to Malaysia though.

Yeah, I think the worst had to be Hong Kong. We had to have a white guy decoy just to get a cab. Japan was also pretty bad, not in the general sense, they were nice enough when you're out and about, but try getting into a Japanese club as a well dressed black guy. I was ok when I was told no entry, I thought it was because I was an American and they didn't speak english. But when they let the 4 drunk frat boys in behind me and they were loud and unruly? I was so mad I saw red. South Korea, we had some issues, but not as wide spread. Overall, it wasn't too bad. PI, Singapore, Thailand were all cool, as long as you had money. Even Indonesia was nice, from what we saw, they had some stuff go down so we could only go to the mall.

Got to love them..

Your a Racist?

Why

Crickets.

Drive on dude

I knew if a black man got around me it would end up with him trying to shoot me.

and I try to get you to see that it is just as bad from the other side.

Not by a long shot. Are there black racists? Of course. But once again, what can a black person keep from you? At what point in your life will you ever have to come to a black person to get ahead? You own your own company. You're retired and either going to live in the PI or already there. I'm going to retire soon, and have to job hunt. When I fill out the applications, I ask myself, do I say I'm black? Will it help or hinder me?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Definitely Japan and Germany has not changed their thinking about race. Every Asian country I went to they were racist. I never understood why they would feel free to tell me these things. I just assumed they thought because I was white they thought it was OK and I would be cool with them being that way. Of course this was 30 years ago and they may have changed. Doubtful but never know. Before we get to thinking it was just blacks it wasn't. They just didn't like any other people and even other Asians. I tried to talk to them but they woud have none of that. To my way of thinking no people can move forward if they have this racist ideas about their own brothers and sisters.

Yeah, I think the worst had to be Hong Kong. We had to have a white guy decoy just to get a cab. Japan was also pretty bad, not in the general sense, they were nice enough when you're out and about, but try getting into a Japanese club as a well dressed black guy. I was ok when I was told no entry, I thought it was because I was an American and they didn't speak english. But when they let the 4 drunk frat boys in behind me and they were loud and unruly? I was so mad I saw red. South Korea, we had some issues, but not as wide spread. Overall, it wasn't too bad. PI, Singapore, Thailand were all cool, as long as you had money. Even Indonesia was nice, from what we saw, they had some stuff go down so we could only go to the mall.

Not by a long shot. Are there black racists? Of course. But once again, what can a black person keep from you? At what point in your life will you ever have to come to a black person to get ahead? You own your own company. You're retired and either going to live in the PI or already there. I'm going to retire soon, and have to job hunt. When I fill out the applications, I ask myself, do I say I'm black? Will it help or hinder me?

Definitely Japan and Germany has not changed their thinking about race. Every Asian country I went to they were racist. I never understood why they would feel free to tell me these things. I just assumed they thought because I was white they thought it was OK and I would be cool with them being that way. Of course this was 30 years ago and they may have changed. Doubtful but never know. Before we get to thinking it was just blacks it wasn't. They just didn't like any other people and even other Asians. I tried to talk to them but they woud have none of that. To my way of thinking no people can move forward if they have this racist ideas about their own brothers and sisters.

Germany wasn't too bad. I was there in the late 90's through 04. It was more like the older generation had issues. The folks our age were decent. There was the random clubs we couldn't get in(needed "special" passes) or the passing remarks(skinheads) but overall, I loved being stationed there. And if you're not Japanese, you were not looked upon as equal. That part I get, even the chinese and koreans that I did know felt that way.

But I agree about not moving forward bit, that's why I try to have meaningful conversations here. It's a hit or miss situation sometimes.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

But I agree about not moving forward bit, that's why I try to have meaningful conversations here. It's a hit or miss situation sometimes.

Any meaningful conversation that truly moves things forward must afford everyone the right to contribute.

a unipolar dominated script is not a conversation, I think you will agree.

I'm glad you are part of the conversation and I am glad I can play some small role as well because it has not been a "conversation" in a long long time.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I didn't say all whites discriminate, just that it's out there. My sons are half white, my ex wife was completely white. And there are plenty of white people on here I would love to hang out with IRL (cept Nature Boy, I'd have to shoot him on GP) :devil:

I was busy with the wife last night and forgot to report you for threatening me with violence, As soon as I figure out if that is a violation of the TOS you are reported young man.

So far I figured out replying with a Letter, using the nword L I B t * * * *, , and bickering are grave offenses. Not sure about threatening to pop a cap in someone's ####### is or not.

:devil::devil: