MiltonAnaya

Can I buy a one way ticket ???

25 posts in this topic

My love got his passport this morning . Of course I want him here as soon as possible and bought him a one way ticket for Tuesday morning . However my sister and mother and grandmother AND aunt brought to my attention that maybe since it's a visa his ticket has to be a round trip . I logic that a K-1 means he's coming to stay and he only needs a one way but can someone tell me the correct answer or what they did ? This is important

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why would someone entering using a K-1 with the intent to stay need a round trip ticket? Your family is mistaken. A one-way is perfectly fine.

You can do a search here on VJ and find quite a few threads on this topic.

~ Moved from K-1 Progress Reports to Working & Traveling During US Immigration - topic is travel to US with K-1 visa ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

My love got his passport this morning . Of course I want him here as soon as possible and bought him a one way ticket for Tuesday morning . However my sister and mother and grandmother AND aunt brought to my attention that maybe since it's a visa his ticket has to be a round trip . I logic that a K-1 means he's coming to stay and he only needs a one way but can someone tell me the correct answer or what they did ? This is important

One way is fine. They might ask him at the airport which visa he has. He needs to tell them it's a K-1 and he should be fine.

Also show them the visa stamp , as a Jetblue employee asked for my fiancee DS-160 for some odd reason. She showed her the visa stamp and she was let in.

Edited by Jsobased

AOS

AOS EAD/AP sent: July 23rd

AOS EAD/AP received by USCIS( J Ibarra): July 25th

Email and Text Received: July 30th

NOA1 hard copy: August 4th

Biometrics letter received: August 18th

Biometrics appointment: August 29th

Biometrics completed: August 29th

EAD/AP approved: October 3rd

EAD/AP shipped with tracking number: October 9th

EAD/AP received: October 11th

Notice of potential inteview waiver letter received: November 17th

Dated: November 12th

EAD Renewal sent : June 11th

EAD Renewal NOA1 received: June 15th

Welcome letter received: July 2nd Dated: June 26th

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I bought a round trip ticket because it was about a thousand dollars cheaper. I just cancelled the return flight when I got back into the states.

Citizenship:

Service Center: Online
CIS Office :         San Diego CA
Date Filed :         2018-07-13
NOA Date :         2018-07-20
Bio. Appt. :         2018-07-31
Interview Date:  2018-04-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

K1 visa is a single entry visa. He cannot go back to his country until after he adjusts status and gets an Advanced Parole for travel. Maybe your family is not wanting him to marry you and stay in USA.

Edited by Mohamed&Laura

K1 visa is a single entry visa. He cannot go back to his country until after he adjusts status and gets an Advanced Parole for travel. Maybe your family is not wanting him to marry you and stay in USA.

Haha no that is not the case . My family is confused because they know that with visas you always buy a round trip . Also when I bought the ticket , it said he would have to show proof of return

Thank you

One way is fine. They might ask him at the airport which visa he has. He needs to tell them it's a K-1 and he should be fine.

Also show them the visa stamp , as a Jetblue employee asked for my fiancee DS-160 for some odd reason. She showed her the visa stamp and she was let in.

Oh ok thanks

Congratulations. We were issued on the 10th and hope Domex has it this week.

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

Congratulations. We were issued on the 10th and hope Domex has it this week.

Congrats ! We were issued the 8th so yeah you'll get it this week :)

That is so wrong, of course he can go back to his country anytime he wants, wont get back in to the US until he has GC or AP for sure, but he can leave anytime he wants

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Yes...I was assuming he would want to return. Sorry. I also assumed everybody knows they can leave at will. This isn't israel with their NO EXIT garbage.

Yes...I was assuming he would want to return. Sorry. I also assumed everybody knows they can leave at will. This isn't israel with their NO EXIT garbage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.