Danno

Don't come around here with that hippy SH_T!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Let me guess, those guys once defended our "freedoms"?

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Let me guess, those guys once defended our "freedoms"?

Seems like it.

It would appear they are still on the job.

... I would buy them a beer but looks like they have had enough.

Lesson here: Don't mock the emblem of the freedom you want to hide behind.

At least not everywhere.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Seems like it.

At least not everywhere.

Freedom isn't just allowing people the right to do stuff you agree with.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Timeline

Seems like it.

At least not everywhere.

Not at all, it would appear that they quit defending freedom. Freedom includes the freedom to display the flag upside down. They actually soiled the flag with their bully act.

Maybe I'm alone; but I kind of side with the two young guys instead of the guys on the motorcycle.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Here is the oath of enlistment that members of the US military take when they enlist.

"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Here is the US code regarding respect for the flag.

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

• (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
  • (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
  • © The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
  • (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
  • (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
  • The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
  • (g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
  • (h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
  • (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
  • (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
  • (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

As a Marine I can say that while today I might not react in the same manner that these two guys did I certainly understand their reaction. They reacted to what they believed as someone disrespecting the flag of the United States. Their actions shouldn't be that hard to understand nor should it create any more anger than someone disrespecting their flag. They are citizens as well and enjoy the same constitutionally protected freedoms as all you dirty civilians.

Edited by Operator

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I flew my flag upside down during the 2001-2008 regime, my military oath notwithstanding. It is my flag, my property and I have the right to do as I deem appropriate.

Incidentally the SCOTUS agree with me.

BTW I am not a hippie either. Just a regular Joe.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Just like people have the right to disagree with doing such a thing.

I don't see in the video where anyone's rights or freedoms were impinged upon.

Can someone explain that to me?

Filed: Timeline

It seems to me that someone had their flag stolen from them. So, at a minimum, property rights were infringed upon.

Timeline

It seems to me that someone had their flag stolen from them. So, at a minimum, property rights were infringed upon.

I think you should watch it again.

The guy on the scooter executes an illegal u-turn and then the passenger throws the flag on the ground almost tripping a passing jogger. Then some Marine picks up the flag as obviously the other guy didn't want it anymore.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's hard to know what took place before the clip, but those two guys on foot started running after the scooter which appears to be an act of aggression. The guys on the scooter appear to drop the flag out of fear and flee. Then some other guy tries to talk to the two hostiles and they shout cuss words at him in a very threatening manner.