Big B

Really?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Greeting from HCM city to all. I have decided to share what has just been an amazing two days for both of us here in Vietnam. I have, 6 months ago, posted a "plead for help" here on this forum due to a mistake I created ( labeling wedding pictures and mentioning our weddng ceremony in our timeline.) Well, several members came to comfort me and yet there were those that painted a very "dark and grim" picture for me. All We did was reminding each other just to tell the consular officer the truth about what happened. Her interview date was set 6 months afte I sent in the I-129f. We arrived at the Consulate at 7:45 for our 8am appointment. I noticed the Vietnamese nationals that worked at the Consulate are, for the most part, rude and extremely impolite toward alll people that came for their interviews. Wait almost 4 hours and finally Oanh was called to a window. The interview officer is a young white make who always has a smile on his face and speak perfect Vietnam. He did not have a translator with him. I was next to Oanh at the window and he swore we in. The first question he had for her was how we met, what I do for a living in the US, and what she wanted to do when she come to California. I was so nervous the whole time waiting for him to ask about the word wedding in the timeline. Please keep in mind I filed a K1 for Oanh. He took quick scan of the pictures and looked at us and told us when we plan to back to the US together. After 4 hour waiting and he asked her three questions totalling not even 2 minutes and told us to wait for the Visa. I would like to advice others just to come to the interview felling confident and prepare to tell the truth. I know I have made a mistake in this case, but I also refused to believe that the mistake warrants a denial. Prepare the evidence to prove your relationship and just let the consulate officers do their jobs. They are very fair and helpful. Best

Greeting from HCM city to all. I have decided to share what has just been an amazing two days for both of us here in Vietnam. I have, 6 months ago, posted a "plead for help" here on this forum due to a mistake I created ( labeling wedding pictures and mentioning our weddng ceremony in our timeline.) Well, several members came to comfort me and yet there were those that painted a very "dark and grim" picture for me. All We did was reminding each other just to tell the consular officer the truth about what happened. Her interview date was set 6 months afte I sent in the I-129f. We arrived at the Consulate at 7:45 for our 8am appointment. I noticed the Vietnamese nationals that worked at the Consulate are, for the most part, rude and extremely impolite toward alll people that came for their interviews. Wait almost 4 hours and finally Oanh was called to a window. The interview officer is a young white make who always has a smile on his face and speak perfect Vietnam. He did not have a translator with him. I was next to Oanh at the window and he swore we in. The first question he had for her was how we met, what I do for a living in the US, and what she wanted to do when she come to California. I was so nervous the whole time waiting for him to ask about the word wedding in the timeline. Please keep in mind I filed a K1 for Oanh. He took quick scan of the pictures and looked at us and told us when we plan to back to the US together. After 4 hour waiting and he asked her three questions totalling not even 2 minutes and told us to wait for the Visa. I would like to advice others just to come to the interview felling confident and prepare to tell the truth. I know I have made a mistake in this case, but I also refused to believe that the mistake warrants a denial. Prepare the evidence to prove your relationship and just let the consulate officers do their jobs. They are very fair and helpful. Best

congratulations! and i apologize because unfortunately many members here on VJ like to play consul that they give not advice but judgments about you as if they know you well. good thing you trusted your gut and stayed honest about your mistake. consul officers are there because they are trained to investigate the truth. some vj members just want to mess up with your head.

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: Timeline

I have first hand experience with what your saying. Too many on here think they are all knowing visa gods. Just post your experience and provide advice.

I was told the wife can't get a B-2. She got one.

I have first hand experience with what your saying. Too many on here think they are all knowing visa gods. Just post your experience and provide advice.

I was told the wife can't get a B-2. She got one.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I can attest to this as well. I recently posted asking about B-2 visa's and got a response that was deleted. I'll assume by the moderators.

"Your future wife WILL get that Tourist Visa! Piece of cake..........................................................
if both you and she live in UTOPIA
Seriously, are you kidding us? What are you smoking? If she can get the tourist visa just like that, why would Vietnamese engage in marital frauds to get here? Keep dreaming buddy!"

Whats that four fold path? Show up, tell the truth, pay attention and don't be attached to the results. Seems like good advice in these situations.

I feel like I have to constantly rebut misinformation and general fear mongering my wife is subject to. Sure there is fraud, but if you're not engaged in it, don't even let it cross your mind.

Timeline

hmm... I don't think there is no need to blast any one here (Not saying you guys are). VJ member is just trying to be helpful. Answer may be correct or it may be incorrect but for the most part people are just trying to help. Its up to each individual to understand the reply and make their own decision on how to proceed. Simple as that.

Personally I feel VJ member and forum is a really useful tool. "Useful Tool" but I will have to take accountable for my action on how to proceed with the decision that I make.

congratz op

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

Timeline

Congrats OP! My fiancee was hanging out with some one named Oanh while waiting for the interview....Could that be your fiancee'? They hugged after my fiancee' passed the interview and yours was still waiting and said bye to each other.

I think this forum just like any other forum contains both good and badinformation. It's up to the individual to weed out the negative and keep the positive. I got plenty of help from Pete82. :)

Edited by picabu

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Timeline

Used to be and I mean years ago it was considered impossible to get a tourist visa from VN. It has happened though. Many I know of from this site over many years failed to get it. We have one in this thread who has gotten it. He needs to help this OP out explain what he needs to do to get a tourist visa.

Timeline

Congrats OP! My fiancee was hanging out with some one named Oanh while waiting for the interview....Could that be your fiancee'? They hugged after my fiancee' passed the interview and yours was still waiting and said bye to each other.

I think this forum just like any other forum contains both good and badinformation. It's up to the individual to weed out the negative and keep the positive. I got plenty of help from Pete82. :)

Yes , Oanh and that girl hugged and wished each other the very best. I believe your fiance was sitting right there with us. She is a very nice person.

Timeline

Yes , Oanh and that girl hugged and wished each other the very best. I believe your fiance was sitting right there with us. She is a very nice person.

Small world :)

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Timeline

Sorry I'm posting late in this thread. I don't get much spare time these days. :blush:

The people in your first thread (here) were being honest with you. You didn't merely mislabel some pictures "wedding". From what you wrote in your first thread, you actually got married. You just didn't register the marriage. The CO probably didn't realize this or you probably would have been denied. We're not making this stuff up. Something becomes a known "red flag" when enough people have posted that it was a problem for them. There have been plenty of people who have posted here that their K1 was denied because they had a wedding ceremony. Obviously, not everyone who had a wedding ceremony has been denied, but there have been enough to know that it's a potential issue.

I'm extremely happy you were successful, but I think you should admit that you were lucky rather than right, and advise others NOT to take the same risk you did. Otherwise, someone is going to say "Hey, Big B had a wedding ceremony and his fiancee still got the K1. We can do it too!". They're not going to be very happy if they get denied.

There's at least one member here who likes to append their posts with "YMMV". That is extremely accurate advice when it comes to the visa process. What worked for someone else might not work for you. What triggered a denial for someone else might not trigger a denial for you. But, generally, there are things that are known to have helped many people, and things that are known to have resulted in a denial for many people. When people here give advice they are basing that advice on those general trends. They're not promising any particular outcome. They're just giving you a heads up.

I think you made the right decision to proceed with your K1 case, knowing that you'd made a mistake, and I'm glad it worked out well. I also had some red flags, and I also made some mistakes, and we were equally lucky. My wife (then fiancee) was only asked three questions. I'd like to think that some of the proactive things we did helped at the interview, but I'll never tell someone that the red flags we had would not be a problem for them. They've been a problem for other people. I believe we were either lucky, or managed to overcome those red flags with other evidence.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Keep deleting my post Mods.

But the fact is the OP of this thread benefits from listenning to DQue! He hired Marc Ellis and didn't listen to the "amateurs" in here!

BTW, I personally believe this website is a setup from lawyers like Marc Ellis. He's no magic attorney. All he does is "an chiu" (shaking hands and "blah blah" exhanged hands underneath the table) with the folks working at the US Consulate.

Pretty much the same thing for the folks who protest your property tax for a fee. They already got a connection with the folks at the Appraisal Disctrict office.

Forget to take your meds today?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.