10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I got an RFE from USCIS regarding my marriage. They do not believe it to be true inspite of the information I sent. The only reason I can think is that I did not show enough co mingling of finances. I filed the IR1/CR1 a month after getting married and did not have enough time to come to the US and add her to all my assets. She also did not have an SSN which made it harder. Anyway, I will be doing that now.

Do I have to send in original documents for an RFE? I will be sending in affidavits from people who attended the marriage.

Anyone have experience adding a spouse to bank accounts and title deeds in the US without an SSN? Please share any information that may help me.

Thanks again.

Harry

The lack of bank accounts is not the reason they don't believe the marriage is real.

There are probably other red flags.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

If your wife is not here USCIS does not expect you to show a co-mingling of assets ie. bank, insurance, etc. She does not have a SSN nor is she here how could you?

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Timeline

The RFE says I got married a year after my divorce which is a red flag. I'm going to state to the USCIS that I was separated and try and get a letter from my ex. The RFE is asking for co-mingling of assets. Mine was an arranged marriage. I am going to send them everything including the kitchen sink and then they can decide what they want to do.

I will try and add her to my assets here if possible.

Timeline

Hello,

I have attached the RFE notice. My wife was denied earlier for a K1 visa. The interview was on March 2013. We got married in June 2013. I will send all the information they are asking for below but I appreciate any advise.

Thanks,

Harry

Here is my observation of the RFE... Your current marriage is being questioned because it was so soon after the divorce of your previous spouse. They want to know basically what events took place that lead you to marry someone else so soon after your divorce. Give the story... If it were me I would write it out and have it notarized. What is trying to be established is that you and your current spouse have entered into a marriage based on love, commitment, and not just to get a visa, green card etc. They have given you a set of options to prove this. It says could include your meeting, courtship, relationship, affidavits if parents or siblings could not attend and why. All in a explanation again if it was me. I would write out a statement and notarize it.

Now the "other evidence" section is no different than what was stated in your initial I-130 paperwork that was submitted. It is a generic paragraph, but again to me it did not appear as though they were asking you to submit co-mingling of finances. This would only apply if your spouse is already hear living or if you were living together somewhere abroad. How can you add your immigrant spouse to your bank account, insurance, bills if they are in another country with no SSN? I would suggest you take a deep breath reread and work on proving your relationship is valid. Did you submit any affidavits from friends and family who may have attended your wedding? What evidence did you actually submit? I have seen so many people submit everything they have in the beginning until they have nothing else left to submit later. We only submitted what USCIS asked for nothing else. Review http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 In the section "Assembling the Packet" Also number 5 under " Note: Evidence of a Bonafide Marraige"

If I am wrong I am sure someone else will correct me but this is what I understand based on what I have read. Hope it all goes well for you.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

The RFE says I got married a year after my divorce which is a red flag. I'm going to state to the USCIS that I was separated and try and get a letter from my ex. The RFE is asking for co-mingling of assets. Mine was an arranged marriage. I am going to send them everything including the kitchen sink and then they can decide what they want to do.

I will try and add her to my assets here if possible.

Was your former wife from a foreign country too? You stated that got married a year after got divorced. That's a red flag according to USCIS. Also, on your timeline showed that you filed a K-1 visa before a spousal visa. I might be read wrong between the lines but seems like you are in rush and probably raised up a suspicion that you are just bring her over here for a green card purpose.

I don't think finance is your bottom problem. Like other said, you have to show them that both of you have legitimate relationship before and after marriage. That's you should have paid attention more. How you do that? Gathering all proofs before and after marriage. As part of people who are established a long distance relationship, what USCIS asked is very reasonable. If I were you, I would provide how I communicate with her, how many times a day, a week, or a month. Aside other proofs that you were being asked.

Also, you need a strong point that why you were such in rush filed K-1 visa ( denied) after you divorced and then file a spousal visa. That's the thing you have to overcome because in my humble opinion that the reason is why your then-fiancée was denied for K-1 visa. Questionable a real relationship. I also read that the US embassy in New Delhi and Mumbai are very difficult to deal with.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Thanks so much for all your responses. I think I understand what you guys are saying. I will put in everything possible and send it to them. I have a legit relationship. What complicates the relationship is that it was an arranged match by my parents. You are also right that the New Delhi embassy and the Mumbai embassy are difficult to deal with. The New Delhi embassy is notorious for it.

At this point you are not trying to convince the embassy, you are trying to convince the USCIS.

Send everything that shows you have a current ongoing genuine relationship with your significant other.

There is a large list at the bottom of this wiki that can help you figure out things you can send. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.