19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I ASSURE YOU,

NONE OF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. MY FIANCE AND I HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR A YEAR AND A HALF NOW. HE LIVES IN KABUL, AFHGANISTAN. HE IS A YOUNG GUY I AM A U.S. CITIZEN. EVER SINCE I HAVE MET HIM, I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING BACK AND FORTH TO AFGHANISTAN AND THE U.S. TO SEE HIM. MY PHONE BILLS ARE ABOUT $4,000/MO. AND YES I USE PHONE CARDS. WE ARE MADLY IN LOVE. THIS TIME, WHEN I CAME BACK FROM KABUL A FEW WEEKS AGO, I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT. I AM GOING THROUGH THE MOST EMOTIONAL TIME OF MY LIFE ALONE. HE PASSED HIS INTERVIEW IN EARLY SEPTMBER OF 2006. BEFORE THE INTERVIEW, WE ALREADY PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

COMPLETE MEDICAL EXAMINATION

TAX RETURNS, W-2'S FROM SPONSOR (MYSELF) AND CO-SPONSOR (DELIVERED IN PERSON TO COURIER IN PAKISTAN)

ALL REQUIRED FORMS

I-129 WAS APPROVED BACK IN OCTOBER OF 2005.

ORIGININAL TAZKERA (BIRTH CERTIFICATE)

POLICE CERTIFICATE (EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOT NEED IT)

COMPLETE 3.1 PACKET MAILED TO HIM, COMPLETED, AND DELIVERED IN PERSON TO THE COURIER IN PAKISTAN

THEN THEY DECIDED TO LOSE SOME OF THIS STUFF, I STILL MANAGED TO GET IT ALL BACK TO THEM AND THATS WHY CERTAIN THINGS, HE HAD TO GO OVER THERE AND GIVE IN PERSON SO THEY DON'T LOSE IT AGAIN.

FOR THE INTERVIEW,

FOR PROOF OF ON-GOING RELATIONSHIP:

PHONE BILLS -ENDLESS

PICTURES- ENDLESS

LETTERS

COPIES OF MY PASSPORT SHOWING I HAVE GONE TO AFGHANISTAN TO VISIT HIM EVERY TWO MONTHS!

MY AIRPLANE TICKET STUBS/SEAT STUBS, RECEIPTS I KEPT FOR EVERYTIME I WENT TO AFGHANISTAN!!!!!--- ALL OF THEM, ROUND TRIPS!

I HIRED AN ATTORNEY FROM THE BEGINNING, TO MAKE SURE THINGS GET DONE THE RIGHT WAY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE STUDIED THE LAW MYSELF AND HAVE GRADUATED FROM A UNIVERSITY AND KNOW HOW TO PERFECTLY FILE A PETITION BY MYSELF.

AND YES, HE'S STILL NOT HERE.

MY DOCTOR WROTE A MEDICAL LETTER EMAILED AND FAXED TO THEM STATING THAT I WAS PREGNANT, UNDERGOING SEVERE DEPRESSION, AND HAD BECOME ILL AND WAS AT HIGH RISK OF A MISCARRIAGE AS A RESULT OF ALL OF THIS!!

MY ATTORNEY, THREATENED TO FILE A "WRIT OF MANDAMUS"---YES, YES DO FILE! IT'S A LAW SUIT FORCING THEM TO ACT IN A TIMELY MANNER IF THEY HAVEN'T.

OF COURSE, THE SUIT HASN'T BEEN FILED FOR THE MOST BIZARRE REASONS (TOO LONG TO GET IN TO THAT)-- SO I FIRED MY ATTORNEY,

I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE CONGRESSMAN AND HE HAS BEEN GATHERING INFO ABOUT MY CASE TO INQUIRE SOON.

PERHAPS THE CRAZIEST THING IS THAT THEY THINK HIS FIRST NAME IS HIS LAST NAME!!! SO WHILE SOME OF YOU THINK YOU ARE SUFFERING, BELIEVE ME YOU ARE FAR FROM IT. I LIVE AND BREATHE FOR MY FIANCE. I MADE HIS BIGGEST DREAMS COME TRUE BY BECOMING PREGNANT AND MY BIGGEST FEAR IS HIM NOT BEING HERE BY THE TIME THE BABY IS DUE.

YES, I KNEW I LOVED HIM THE FIRST TIME I SAW HIM AND I BECAME ENGAGED TO HIM THREE WEEKS LATER--NO THIS WASN'T ARRANGED, IN FACT IT WAS FAR FROM ARRANGED, MY PARENTS STILL HAVEN'T GOT OVER IT. I HAVE RISKED MY LIFE EACH TIME I HAVE VISITED HIM IN AFGHANISTAN, LOST JOBS SPEND THOUSANDS EACH TIME. I BECAME ILL AND HOSPITALIZED IN AFGHANISTAN'S SO-CALLED HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF ALL THE BACTERIA AND UNSANITARY CONDITIONS, OH AND IT DOESN'T HELP MUCH WHEN YOU LOOK LIKE AN AMERICAN IN A COUNTRY LIKE THAT AND YOU STAND OUT LIKE AN EXHIBIT FROM A MUSEUM. OH, AND YES, ITS A 72 HOUR FLIGHT TO GET THERE THAT IS NOT INCLUDING WAITING IN TRANSIT!!! EVERY NIGHT I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP.

-LOSINGMYMIND

LOSINGMYMYIND

I ASSURE YOU,

NONE OF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. MY FIANCE AND I HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR A YEAR AND A HALF NOW. HE LIVES IN KABUL, AFHGANISTAN. HE IS A YOUNG GUY I AM A U.S. CITIZEN. EVER SINCE I HAVE MET HIM, I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING BACK AND FORTH TO AFGHANISTAN AND THE U.S. TO SEE HIM. MY PHONE BILLS ARE ABOUT $4,000/MO. AND YES I USE PHONE CARDS. WE ARE MADLY IN LOVE. THIS TIME, WHEN I CAME BACK FROM KABUL A FEW WEEKS AGO, I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT. I AM GOING THROUGH THE MOST EMOTIONAL TIME OF MY LIFE ALONE. HE PASSED HIS INTERVIEW IN EARLY SEPTMBER OF 2006. BEFORE THE INTERVIEW, WE ALREADY PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

TAX RETURNS, W-2'S FROM SPONSOR (MYSELF) AND CO-SPONSOR (DELIVERED IN PERSON TO COURIER IN PAKISTAN)

ALL REQUIRED FORMS

COMPLETE 3.1 PACKET MAILED TO HIM, COMPLETED, AND DELIVERED IN PERSON TO THE COURIER IN PAKISTAN

THEN THEY DECIDED TO LOSE SOME OF THIS STUFF, I STILL MANAGED TO GET IT ALL BACK TO THEM AND THATS WHY CERTAIN THINGS, HE HAD TO GO OVER THERE AND GIVE IN PERSON SO THEY DON'T LOSE IT AGAIN.

FOR THE INTERVIEW,

PHONE BILLS -ENDLESS

PICTURES- ENDLESS

LETTERS

COPIES OF MY PASSPORT SHOWING I HAVE GONE TO AFGHANISTAN TO VISIT HIM EVERY TWO MONTHS!

MY AIRPLANE TICKET STUBS/SEAT STUBS, RECEIPTS I KEPT FOR EVERYTIME I WENT TO AFGHANISTAN!!!!!--- ALL OF THEM, ROUND TRIPS!

I HIRED AN ATTORNEY FROM THE BEGINNING, TO MAKE SURE THINGS GET DONE THE RIGHT WAY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE STUDIED THE LAW MYSELF AND HAVE GRADUATED FROM A UNIVERSITY AND KNOW HOW TO PERFECTLY FILE A PETITION BY MYSELF.

MY DOCTOR WROTE A MEDICAL LETTER EMAILED AND FAXED TO THEM STATING THAT I WAS PREGNANT, UNDERGOING SEVERE DEPRESSION, AND HAD BECOME ILL AND WAS AT HIGH RISK OF A MISCARRIAGE AS A RESULT OF ALL OF THIS!!

MY ATTORNEY, THREATENED TO FILE A "WRIT OF MANDAMUS"---YES, YES DO FILE! IT'S A LAW SUIT FORCING THEM TO ACT IN A TIMELY MANNER IF THEY HAVEN'T.

OF COURSE, THE SUIT HASN'T BEEN FILED FOR THE MOST BIZARRE REASONS (TOO LONG TO GET IN TO THAT)-- SO I FIRED MY ATTORNEY,

I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE CONGRESSMAN AND HE HAS BEEN GATHERING INFO ABOUT MY CASE TO INQUIRE SOON.

PERHAPS THE CRAZIEST THING IS THAT THEY THINK HIS FIRST NAME IS HIS LAST NAME!!! SO WHILE SOME OF YOU THINK YOU ARE SUFFERING, BELIEVE ME YOU ARE FAR FROM IT. I LIVE AND BREATHE FOR MY FIANCE. I MADE HIS BIGGEST DREAMS COME TRUE BY BECOMING PREGNANT AND MY BIGGEST FEAR IS HIM NOT BEING HERE BY THE TIME THE BABY IS DUE.

YES, I KNEW I LOVED HIM THE FIRST TIME I SAW HIM AND I BECAME ENGAGED TO HIM THREE WEEKS LATER--NO THIS WASN'T ARRANGED, IN FACT IT WAS FAR FROM ARRANGED, MY PARENTS STILL HAVEN'T GOT OVER IT. I HAVE RISKED MY LIFE EACH TIME I HAVE VISITED HIM IN AFGHANISTAN, LOST JOBS SPEND THOUSANDS EACH TIME. I BECAME ILL AND HOSPITALIZED IN AFGHANISTAN'S SO-CALLED HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF ALL THE BACTERIA AND UNSANITARY CONDITIONS, OH AND IT DOESN'T HELP MUCH WHEN YOU LOOK LIKE AN AMERICAN IN A COUNTRY LIKE THAT AND YOU STAND OUT LIKE AN EXHIBIT FROM A MUSEUM. OH, AND YES, ITS A 72 HOUR FLIGHT TO GET THERE THAT IS NOT INCLUDING WAITING IN TRANSIT!!! EVERY NIGHT I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP.

-LOSINGMYMIND

Im sorry to hear about your situation. I dont think filing a lawsuit will do you any good. You must remember that your fiance is residing in a country that we are currently at war with. Go with the congressman, at least then you can get some sort of timeline. In regards to the pregnancy, i dont believe its possible to expedite AR. Some members have been in AR for over a year. (babybunny) Good luck and stay strong.

Matt

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im sorry to hear about your situation! Your experiece is really far from me and I feel sad because you have to bear it all alone . I just hope that they will care enough for your health and for the safety of your baby and your fiance will be there soon.

As for now, dont think soo much negative thoughts that might affect your pregnancy. Think happy thoughts when you were together and all of your dreams and hopes for the future. Be more positive.

Take care

Loosing my mind,

I'm going through a very similiar situation. I'm also pregnant, and I will be induced on Tuesday if I don't spontaneosly go into labor this weekend. You know you really need to try and find a peace of mind and just focus on the most important things during your pregnancy and your relationship right now. You know it was a harsh reality for me also when my fiance had his interview the last week of November only to find out that they put him on AP. It was so painful, i didn't even know what that meant. We were already purchasing the tickets and everything. The reality of the situation is that you really just have to find a place in your heart to foster patience. It hurts, it's painful, it's expensive (trust me calling Cuba is usually no cheaper than $2 a minute). The whole reason that i'm overdue has alot to due with this stressfull experience, wanting him to be at the birth of our first child...but frankly in my case that is just not going to happen and i'm finally at peace with that. How many months are you? If you are early in your pregnancy you shouldn't give up hope of having him here before the birth. Don't give up hope remember that now you have an innocent child in the middle of this situation and he/she needs the both of you to be strong so he/she can develop in a healthy state of mind. Trust me I know exactly what you are going through. My case was expedited in the begining through Faxes by my Doctor and Lawyer just to get the interview early (which is merely impossible in Cuba) and we got. it..only to fall in AP. Please don't give up hope...lean on family and friends for the pregnancy. You will get through this...you must believe that!!! Remember you are never alone...you will be surprised what you might find when you read the stories of the people on VJ, not everyone has the easy visa journey, but in the end the vast majority get reunited with their loved ones....it's just all about patience. Take care of yourself..especially for the baby!!

cubanlovestory

I read of a successful expedite once because of a pregnancy, but the mother was the immigrant, not the USC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Loosing my mind,

I'm going through a very similiar situation. I'm also pregnant, and I will be induced on Tuesday if I don't spontaneosly go into labor this weekend. You know you really need to try and find a peace of mind and just focus on the most important things during your pregnancy and your relationship right now. You know it was a harsh reality for me also when my fiance had his interview the last week of November only to find out that they put him on AP. It was so painful, i didn't even know what that meant. We were already purchasing the tickets and everything. The reality of the situation is that you really just have to find a place in your heart to foster patience. It hurts, it's painful, it's expensive (trust me calling Cuba is usually no cheaper than $2 a minute). The whole reason that i'm overdue has alot to due with this stressfull experience, wanting him to be at the birth of our first child...but frankly in my case that is just not going to happen and i'm finally at peace with that. How many months are you? If you are early in your pregnancy you shouldn't give up hope of having him here before the birth. Don't give up hope remember that now you have an innocent child in the middle of this situation and he/she needs the both of you to be strong so he/she can develop in a healthy state of mind. Trust me I know exactly what you are going through. My case was expedited in the begining through Faxes by my Doctor and Lawyer just to get the interview early (which is merely impossible in Cuba) and we got. it..only to fall in AP. Please don't give up hope...lean on family and friends for the pregnancy. You will get through this...you must believe that!!! Remember you are never alone...you will be surprised what you might find when you read the stories of the people on VJ, not everyone has the easy visa journey, but in the end the vast majority get reunited with their loved ones....it's just all about patience. Take care of yourself..especially for the baby!!

cubanlovestory

I read of a successful expedite once because of a pregnancy, but the mother was the immigrant, not the USC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I ASSURE YOU,

NONE OF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH.

That is an understatement...I've been on this rollercoaster going on 3 years now. I've been through everything imaginable! I think some people believe that being pregnant will speed up the process, unfortunately, because of the Patriot Act and other laws we have in place. The U.S. Homeland Security division has been given the direct order to be suspicious of anyone from certain countries and Afganistan is one of them. They are interested in individuals that could be a threat to our country and they careless about the family. There are a few of here that are still waiting for our love ones since 2004!!!!

The only advise I can provide for you is to find a way to cope with this and try not to stress so much and I pray that you have a healthy family and your fiance will arrive home soon.

The only advise I can provide for you is to find a way to cope with this and try not to stress so much and I pray that you have a healthy family and your fiance will arrive home soon.

I see this pregnant thing as a hard time to go through.

Since I can't be pregnant and too old already for this I still see my situation as the most difficult than any.

So don't tell that nothing can be worser than what we are all going through.

I met my coming husband back in january 2004 and we still suffer without eachothers company.

Our life have since been on stand by since we can't do anything

But I still ofcause hope everything good for you

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello to all VJ members!

I new to this forum and been dealing with the Islamabad embassy since last year. I will get all the info and will post my timeline soon.

Blessings from Almighty ALLAH for all of us.

Filed: Timeline

Im deeply sorry for your situation. Believe it or not many members here have been or proabably have similar stories such as yours. I will keep you in my prayers so that things get resolved for you and that you may soon be wth your loved one.Take care of your self for your baby needs you the most now.

Some how I ended up with a post when I had no intention of posting....

Edited by Joey559

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Timeline
I ASSURE YOU,

ALL REQUIRED FORMS

FOR THE INTERVIEW,

PHONE BILLS -ENDLESS

PICTURES- ENDLESS

LETTERS

-LOSINGMYMIND

there are people who have been in the similar situations as you. but the best thing for you is to COPE!!!

we all know the ISL embassy are mother truckers. its best you go to your fiancee and have the baby. no way will the embassy expedite anything based on a Pregancy. they dont think like real people. you can file a Writ mandamus but, the problem is if he is under security checks and you been on AP since SEP. its not really a good idea to file a writ. you only been on check 5 months < counting FEB> really thats normal for ISL .. I will tell you like I tell everyone else. call DOS and ask them this.. " is your fiancee in the correct order or being skipped"

because, DOS has to make sure he is processing in the correct order and not being pushed aside. next thing call DOS as much as you want..you will hear the same ####### all the time

"case is stil pending " some how make it like a game. find some peace...

shon.gif

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I agree with Baby Bunny, I have been placed under Aministrative processing for more than 6 months and still no word yet from the embassy or from DOS. I contact the DOS every week and they always tells me STILL PENDING.

Good luck with everything and have faith.

Blessings from Almighty ALLAH for all of us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I ASSURE YOU,

ALL REQUIRED FORMS

FOR THE INTERVIEW,

PHONE BILLS -ENDLESS

PICTURES- ENDLESS

LETTERS

-LOSINGMYMIND

there are people who have been in the similar situations as you. but the best thing for you is to COPE!!!

we all know the ISL embassy are mother truckers. its best you go to your fiancee and have the baby. no way will the embassy expedite anything based on a Pregancy. they dont think like real people. you can file a Writ mandamus but, the problem is if he is under security checks and you been on AP since SEP. its not really a good idea to file a writ. you only been on check 5 months < counting FEB> really thats normal for ISL .. I will tell you like I tell everyone else. call DOS and ask them this.. " is your fiancee in the correct order or being skipped"

because, DOS has to make sure he is processing in the correct order and not being pushed aside. next thing call DOS as much as you want..you will hear the same ####### all the time

"case is stil pending " some how make it like a game. find some peace...

No, they are at war, with the war mentality. In my opinion, in such suspicious country, trying to expedite a case as if it was a non black list country because of security questions, is not wise..Again, in my opinion, they might not like to be pushed...

.I did not hear, here what are the reasons they gave for delaing the approvals...I know that emotionally is unbearable...but i think that, if we try to imagine what type of communication to make in order to make them open up in such situation might be useful in the long run....Yeah, i know, imagine the inimaginable...At least we can put some words on how things are, as they are...if possible!

Separately, please take good care of your pregnancy, the baby is important, as nothing else can be done now!...a multiple VJ would help! (F)

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.