19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

.a multiple VJ would help! (F)

Ops, hehehe...what a slipp: correction: a multiple VJ HUG will help??

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I ASSURE YOU,

NONE OF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH.

Dear Losingmymind,

Let me assure you Ive been going through this process MUCH MUCH LONGER THAN YOU.

My husband has been gone from me since APRIL 2002! He lives in Pakistan and I live in the US. I have been to Pakistan and back, got married there, lost jobs, apts, cars, money, you name it's happened! I have been going through this almost FIVE YEARS not one and a half. How I wish it was only 1 and a half, my god. Our 130 was filed in Sept 2002 and was not approved until March 2004. We filed our waivers in May 2005! Since June 2005 he has been in security clearance!! We are waiting almost 2 years for waivers alone!!! I have been to hell and back! Try going through this for for another 3 and 1/2 yrs then come back here and tell me nobody has gone through what you've gone through! I've been there, done that. Senators, congressmen, attorneys everyone under the sun. Nobody can do a dam thing and nobody really cares, trust me!! If you don't need waivers, you're the luckiest person alive! If you do, you haven't been through anything yet. Pregnancy doesn't get you an expedite. You can pay whoever you want, call whoever you want and it won't get you anywhere. In April I will be in this immigration hell for FIVE YEARS! I haven't heard anything for the last 2 years from Rome. Our waivers sat in Islamabad for 10 months rotting before they even sent them to Rome and now they have been rotting in Rome for almost another yr!! So beleive me, I have been to hell and back and I am in living hell right now. So many people think they have it so bad and I really don't know any who are still waiting for waivers going on 2 yrs do you?? Other people have their entire case from begining to end done in less than a year and I am in this for almost FIVE! Its a neverending PURE HELL!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hello Neverending,

Yes, I know what you are going through, and losingmymind too. We will be at five years on the immigration nightmare in March - stuck a single mom and our daughter growing up without her dad. I know exactly how you feel. Unfortunatly, there are too many families that know. The worst of this whole thing is that you don't know how long it will last, at one and half years if you had told me that we still had another 3-1/2 years and even then still we won't know when it will end, I would have said you are crazy! But here we sit, exactly there. It is truly like being tortured, mentally. It is the definition of cruel and unusual punishment.

I joined as a director of www.americanfamiliesunited.org to hopefully effect change in the system so that other families like ours won't suffer the same tragedy. It is my biggest hope that we can succeed with the new Congress to make them aware of how unfair, anti-family and tragic the current system is for families. Please consider joining as a member or a volunteer to add your voice.

Take care and know you are not alone!

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Filed: Timeline
I ASSURE YOU,

NONE OF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. MY FIANCE AND I HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR A YEAR AND A HALF NOW. HE LIVES IN KABUL, AFHGANISTAN. HE IS A YOUNG GUY I AM A U.S. CITIZEN. EVER SINCE I HAVE MET HIM, I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING BACK AND FORTH TO AFGHANISTAN AND THE U.S. TO SEE HIM. MY PHONE BILLS ARE ABOUT $4,000/MO. AND YES I USE PHONE CARDS. WE ARE MADLY IN LOVE. THIS TIME, WHEN I CAME BACK FROM KABUL A FEW WEEKS AGO, I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT. I AM GOING THROUGH THE MOST EMOTIONAL TIME OF MY LIFE ALONE. HE PASSED HIS INTERVIEW IN EARLY SEPTMBER OF 2006. BEFORE THE INTERVIEW, WE ALREADY PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

COMPLETE MEDICAL EXAMINATION

TAX RETURNS, W-2'S FROM SPONSOR (MYSELF) AND CO-SPONSOR (DELIVERED IN PERSON TO COURIER IN PAKISTAN)

ALL REQUIRED FORMS

I-129 WAS APPROVED BACK IN OCTOBER OF 2005.

ORIGININAL TAZKERA (BIRTH CERTIFICATE)

POLICE CERTIFICATE (EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOT NEED IT)

COMPLETE 3.1 PACKET MAILED TO HIM, COMPLETED, AND DELIVERED IN PERSON TO THE COURIER IN PAKISTAN

THEN THEY DECIDED TO LOSE SOME OF THIS STUFF, I STILL MANAGED TO GET IT ALL BACK TO THEM AND THATS WHY CERTAIN THINGS, HE HAD TO GO OVER THERE AND GIVE IN PERSON SO THEY DON'T LOSE IT AGAIN.

FOR THE INTERVIEW,

FOR PROOF OF ON-GOING RELATIONSHIP:

PHONE BILLS -ENDLESS

PICTURES- ENDLESS

LETTERS

COPIES OF MY PASSPORT SHOWING I HAVE GONE TO AFGHANISTAN TO VISIT HIM EVERY TWO MONTHS!

MY AIRPLANE TICKET STUBS/SEAT STUBS, RECEIPTS I KEPT FOR EVERYTIME I WENT TO AFGHANISTAN!!!!!--- ALL OF THEM, ROUND TRIPS!

I HIRED AN ATTORNEY FROM THE BEGINNING, TO MAKE SURE THINGS GET DONE THE RIGHT WAY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE STUDIED THE LAW MYSELF AND HAVE GRADUATED FROM A UNIVERSITY AND KNOW HOW TO PERFECTLY FILE A PETITION BY MYSELF.

AND YES, HE'S STILL NOT HERE.

MY DOCTOR WROTE A MEDICAL LETTER EMAILED AND FAXED TO THEM STATING THAT I WAS PREGNANT, UNDERGOING SEVERE DEPRESSION, AND HAD BECOME ILL AND WAS AT HIGH RISK OF A MISCARRIAGE AS A RESULT OF ALL OF THIS!!

MY ATTORNEY, THREATENED TO FILE A "WRIT OF MANDAMUS"---YES, YES DO FILE! IT'S A LAW SUIT FORCING THEM TO ACT IN A TIMELY MANNER IF THEY HAVEN'T.

OF COURSE, THE SUIT HASN'T BEEN FILED FOR THE MOST BIZARRE REASONS (TOO LONG TO GET IN TO THAT)-- SO I FIRED MY ATTORNEY,

I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE CONGRESSMAN AND HE HAS BEEN GATHERING INFO ABOUT MY CASE TO INQUIRE SOON.

PERHAPS THE CRAZIEST THING IS THAT THEY THINK HIS FIRST NAME IS HIS LAST NAME!!! SO WHILE SOME OF YOU THINK YOU ARE SUFFERING, BELIEVE ME YOU ARE FAR FROM IT. I LIVE AND BREATHE FOR MY FIANCE. I MADE HIS BIGGEST DREAMS COME TRUE BY BECOMING PREGNANT AND MY BIGGEST FEAR IS HIM NOT BEING HERE BY THE TIME THE BABY IS DUE.

YES, I KNEW I LOVED HIM THE FIRST TIME I SAW HIM AND I BECAME ENGAGED TO HIM THREE WEEKS LATER--NO THIS WASN'T ARRANGED, IN FACT IT WAS FAR FROM ARRANGED, MY PARENTS STILL HAVEN'T GOT OVER IT. I HAVE RISKED MY LIFE EACH TIME I HAVE VISITED HIM IN AFGHANISTAN, LOST JOBS SPEND THOUSANDS EACH TIME. I BECAME ILL AND HOSPITALIZED IN AFGHANISTAN'S SO-CALLED HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF ALL THE BACTERIA AND UNSANITARY CONDITIONS, OH AND IT DOESN'T HELP MUCH WHEN YOU LOOK LIKE AN AMERICAN IN A COUNTRY LIKE THAT AND YOU STAND OUT LIKE AN EXHIBIT FROM A MUSEUM. OH, AND YES, ITS A 72 HOUR FLIGHT TO GET THERE THAT IS NOT INCLUDING WAITING IN TRANSIT!!! EVERY NIGHT I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP.

-LOSINGMYMIND

there are people who have been in the similar situations as you. but the best thing for you is to COPE!!!

we all know the ISL embassy are mother truckers. its best you go to your fiancee and have the baby. no way will the embassy expedite anything based on a Pregancy. they dont think like real people. you can file a Writ mandamus but, the problem is if he is under security checks and you been on AP since SEP. its not really a good idea to file a writ. you only been on check 5 months < counting FEB> really thats normal for ISL .. I will tell you like I tell everyone else. call DOS and ask them this.. " is your fiancee in the correct order or being skipped"

because, DOS has to make sure he is processing in the correct order and not being pushed aside. next thing call DOS as much as you want..you will hear the same ####### all the time

"case is stil pending " some how make it like a game. find some peace...

No, they are at war, with the war mentality. In my opinion, in such suspicious country, trying to expedite a case as if it was a non black list country because of security questions, is not wise..Again, in my opinion, they might not like to be pushed...

.I did not hear, here what are the reasons they gave for delaing the approvals...I know that emotionally is unbearable...but i think that, if we try to imagine what type of communication to make in order to make them open up in such situation might be useful in the long run....Yeah, i know, imagine the inimaginable...At least we can put some words on how things are, as they are...if possible!

Separately, please take good care of your pregnancy, the baby is important, as nothing else can be done now!...a multiple VJ would help! (F)

you can call the DOS everyday if you want. I know I called everyday.. each agent was familiar with my case .. I would have idle conversations with the agents. PUSH THE MOTHER TRUCKERS to respond its YOUR case and YOUR life. so make them WORK!

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.