MrMrsKnight

Had my interview and got a 221(g)

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The 221(g) paper says :"Any information regarding your attempted trip, in 2005"

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The 221(g) paper says :"Any information regarding your attempted trip, in 2005"

The thing about this is that they denied your visa back then, which means that you must not have shown sufficient proof of ties to your country. If your evidence then was not good enough *then* to overcome that burden, I can't imagine what you could come up with *now* to convince them.

I think Tom is right, see a lawyer.

:(

((hugs))

Timeline

Jenn, you didn't understand it right. I wasn't refused a visa, I was refused entry (that's when I didn't mention David and just said I was gonna go with a friend to the US Chess Chmpionship... which was true, but the friend was David :) )

Stupid stupid stupid me!!!! Grrrrrrr If I just knew.......

All they want to know is that I didn't have the intention to commit fraud, I think. But I still want to learn as much as I can about this stupid 221g.

It also says that this 221(g) is given to anyone that needs to show more evidence of any kind. I was wondering if this is true.

Edited by MrMrsKnight

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Marcela,

first I want to say how sorry Val and I are. I wished I had some advice to give you. Perhaps you could just tell them that at the time you were not serious about Dave and more importantly you just wanted to tour the US and that is why you did not mention it.

I really hope and think you will still succeed.

d

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a suggestion - did your fiancee end up going to the chess championship after all on his own? Did he have tickets or perhaps an online print out of the event to show it was a legitimate event? Did you have a return ticket booked, or written emails discussing your plans for the event and the days around it? Can you provide an affidavit from friends or acquaintances, especially work acquaintances, with whom you discussed your visit and your intention to return? Start thinking creatively of all of the different types of evidence you can pull together to prove that you had a life in your own country to which you intended to return, and that this visit was just a holiday. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Just a suggestion - did your fiancee end up going to the chess championship after all on his own? Did he have tickets or perhaps an online print out of the event to show it was a legitimate event? Did you have a return ticket booked, or written emails discussing your plans for the event and the days around it? Can you provide an affidavit from friends or acquaintances, especially work acquaintances, with whom you discussed your visit and your intention to return? Start thinking creatively of all of the different types of evidence you can pull together to prove that you had a life in your own country to which you intended to return, and that this visit was just a holiday. Good luck.

:thumbs: my exact thoughts and plans!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

We did a similar thing but had not met in person before he applied for the tourist visa and was denied 2/2006.

We met online 7/2005.

We discussed the "fiance in US" question and decided to answer no on the application, (visiting friend) allthough we discussed our love in emails which we later submitted as relationship proof.

Being friends for a while and then getting serious but answering no.......how can one actualy

be considered fiances without having met before ?

Does that mean we are in trouble too ? Once we met and spend time together we were 100% sure we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.

With your case it is more difficult because you have spend so much time together before the B2 application. Email conversations around the time of he B2 applic. and later submitted as relationship proof , depending on what was said also play a role in this.

If you have heavy duty love talk in emails that was submitted, then put "no fiance" on the B2 applic. but then later have to proof that he was not your 'fiance ' at the time.........it gets so confusing........but you got some good advice here about gathering proof that you did not intent fraud.

Timeline

I'm curious. If the 221(g) criteria is not met, one has the chance to use a waiver then?

Edited by MrMrsKnight

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Uh oh.... wait... I don't understand. I was refused a tourist visa to the US last May 2005 cuz I told the immigration people honestly that I wanted to see my fiance and his family. They gave me 214(B) refusal letter and said that I should get a fiance visa instead. They also said I did not have enough proofs that I would come back instead of being an illegal immigrant there. Will I have a problem at the interview? I still have the 214(B) letter.

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

Uh oh.... wait... I don't understand. I was refused a tourist visa to the US last May 2005 cuz I told the immigration people honestly that I wanted to see my fiance and his family. They gave me 214(B) refusal letter and said that I should get a fiance visa instead. They also said I did not have enough proofs that I would come back instead of being an illegal immigrant there. Will I have a problem at the interview? I still have the 214(B) letter.

I don't see a problem at the interview.

You were honest and wanted only to get a visa to visit him.

This time they sended me back at the POE I honestly didn't knew that I couldn't visit my fiance on my normal passport untill our case with fiance visa was done.

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Marcela,

I'm here to try to help you and 'be helpful'.

Let's face the truth here: you commited fraud in the first place when you didn't mention David on the tourist visa interview.

I'm really trying to figure something out and I don't have too much information from you, but I have read a lot about this subject before.

As far as I can see, seems you don't have too much 'na sua manga' to show to the consulate, and I really think that your only option now would be to tell the truth to the consulate (eg. you were afraid to not get the visa, and thats why you didn't mention him).

I hope that in your K1 visa application, you didn't show USCIS that David lived in Brasil with you, prior to the tourist visa interview. Did you?

What my understanding is, that if you have lied to them, the only way for them to forgive you, is by saying the truth for them and praying to them to understand what happened and give you a second chance.

I was very sad when I read your post and I'm trying to help instead just being nice.

I suggest for you to have David find a good lawyer and have 1-hour consultation to see what they say.

Good luck girl!

Carol ;)

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I do not want to scare you and I am giving you this information in good faith in the hopes that it will help you to make the best decision about how to move foward with your case. Hopefully everything will be fine for you but the stakes of the game have just gone up. You will want to gather all the information that you can.

I am speaking from experience and I would like to encourage you to get as much information as you can before you make your next move. Each case is different and each embassy is different and each attorney is different.

I would not go to the next interview at the Rio embassy until you have at least had a consulation with an immigration attorney laying all of your cards on the table.

You might want to go here: http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/portal.php and post your question. Many people on this site are going through similar things. They can offer information and support. The site there is much like this one but it is focused on waivers and immigration problems that folks have.

Another suggestion to you would be to go to this site: http://www.visacentral.net/ and do either an email or phone consulation with this attorney. She is very knowledgeable with this subject and has first hand experience with Rio. She also has a free chat every Wednesday at 11 am central where you can ask her your immigration question for no charge. She knows her stuff. She is not my attorney, but I would hire her if I were looking for an attorney.

We are pleased with our attorney and here is her web site address if you are interested: http://www.humanrightsattorney.com/index.j...gHZu4XBvBP5XXtW

If you go to her site have your speakers on and you can listen to her talk about immigration. There is a wealth of information there that you may find helpful.

Good luck to you. I hope that this information is helpful.

Edited by scroll

Timeline

Thank you Scroll! I'll use that for sure!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.