MrMrsKnight

Had my interview and got a 221(g)

57 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about this, but it sounds as if they're just curious as to why after having been issued a visa you'd be denied entry. Standard checking upon a denial at a POE, maybe? My fiancé just visited me while the K-1 is processing. He didn't need a K-1 to enter just because I am here, because his intent was just a tourist visit, not to stay.

Check with your lawyer, of course, but if it were me.... if you've often travelled to chess tournaments overseas, if you have documentation from those, combined with the chess tournament information you were going to in the U.S., it could show that your tourist intent (i.e., going to visit and return) was the sort of thing you'd normally do in pursuit of your chess hobby. So you'd be in the position to say 'I can see why the PoE was skeptical and denied my entry, but they didn't know that I've travelled to XYZ before for chess tournaments and always returned.'

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

####### Marc? Honesty is one think... being tactless is something completely diffrent, and that is what you are. Plain rude and tactless.

And how do you know I'm not more into chess than you? How well do you know me? FYI, I went to England in 2003, while David was in Brazil, to play a Chess tournament. He stayed in Brazil.

As far as I know, it is not illegal to try visit friends in the US if you have an American boyfriend/fiance. Of course, you might be turned down and lose money... but that's it.

My application says what it says... I wanted to go to a chess tournament with friends. Would I have told them my friends' names if they had asked me? Yes, I'd tell them the name of every single person that would travel with me to the tournament... and that is exactly what I did at the POE. I don't lie... so whenever they asked, I told them the name of the people I was going to be with for that certain amount of time! Did they know at the POE that David, one of the people I was going to be with, was my fiance? I don't know... probably.

It's their fault they didn't ask me all they had to ask at the time of my interview...

QUOTE(TracyTN @ Jan 9 2007, 10:19 AM)

Wow, I didn't realize you knew so much about how particular consulates (or even CO's) would adjudicate specific cases.

What a fool the OP must have been to not seek your opinion first!

CHECKMATE :thumbs:

Edited by isleta521

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
####### Marc? Honesty is one think... being tactless is something completely diffrent, and that is what you are. Plain rude and tactless.

And how do you know I'm not more into chess than you? How well do you know me? FYI, I went to England in 2003, while David was in Brazil, to play a Chess tournament. He stayed in Brazil.

As far as I know, it is not illegal to try visit friends in the US if you have an American boyfriend/fiance. Of course, you might be turned down and lose money... but that's it.

My application says what it says... I wanted to go to a chess tournament with friends. Would I have told them my friends' names if they had asked me? Yes, I'd tell them the name of every single person that would travel with me to the tournament... and that is exactly what I did at the POE. I don't lie... so whenever they asked, I told them the name of the people I was going to be with for that certain amount of time! Did they know at the POE that David, one of the people I was going to be with, was my fiance? I don't know... probably.

It's their fault they didn't ask me all they had to ask at the time of my interview...

Wow, I didn't realize you knew so much about how particular consulates (or even CO's) would adjudicate specific cases.

What a fool the OP must have been to not seek your opinion first!

:blink:

:lol::thumbs:

Little confusions here..to be clarified..: for ex, if you answered "friends" and not boyfriend, it's a difference; precisely, what were the questions you have been asked at the POE to give that answer?...(i.e. your statement that they did not ask you, what would they have to ask you in order for you to answer "boyfriend"?)..

.I would go from the facts and only the facts, put them on the table, that might appear more clear...It's easy to ancipate and fantasize about what happened...you only know what happened...And i don't believe it's because they did not like you...They are very well trained at detecting people...and also as someone put it to fish or provoque in order to have a clear opinion...so we better try to understand..objectively what happened at the poe...and ok, now it's done it's done...You still can repair...But at the interview, it was obvious that there is a contrast between you seeing "friends" after living 2years with your boyfriend...the fact might be to recognize now it was a mijudgement (you are young right??) by fear...recognizing it...saying the plain truth is the best in my opinion...sliding around the bush again won't work...Good luck! and sorry for my english...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Timeline

Maybe briefly will be more clear; what i wanted to say is that maybe they don't care much about what you did, but more about the fact that you recognize you made a mistake, for whatever reasons. In the sens you have the ability to introspect yourself. There is a difference..

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

Little confusions here..to be clarified..: for ex, if you answered "friends" and not boyfriend, it's a difference; precisely, what were the questions you have been asked at the POE to give that answer?...(i.e. your statement that they did not ask you, what would they have to ask you in order for you to answer "boyfriend"?)..

.I would go from the facts and only the facts, put them on the table, that might appear more clear...It's easy to ancipate and fantasize about what happened...you only know what happened...And i don't believe it's because they did not like you...They are very well trained at detecting people...and also as someone put it to fish or provoque in order to have a clear opinion...so we better try to understand..objectively what happened at the poe...and ok, now it's done it's done...You still can repair...But at the interview, it was obvious that there is a contrast between you seeing "friends" after living 2years with your boyfriend...the fact might be to recognize now it was a mijudgement (you are young right??) by fear...recognizing it...saying the plain truth is the best in my opinion...sliding around the bush again won't work...Good luck! and sorry for my english...

Could'nt have said it better! Oh and Marcela I was just bein straight up with you, by the way, dont like it? To bad, you'll live. Oh by the way,my remark about the chess was outta line.

Edited by CarolsMarc

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Could'nt have said it better! Oh and Marcela I was just bein straight up with you, by the way, dont like it? To bad, you'll live. Oh by the way,my remark about the chess was outta line.

Thank you!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Interview was a success... thank you for all the constructive criticism!

Just for the record, I was told by the consular officer, even before the interview started, that they didn't want to hear from me why I didn't think I was wrong, because I wouldn't change their minds anyway. All they wanted was for me to recognize I had made a mistake and that I had learned from it. Plain and simple... I felt they were really listening to me and really wanted to help me succeeding. They were profesional about it, but I felt like I was talking with friends instead of the nightmare most of us think it's gonna be.

Thank you again, and good luck to all of you!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Interview was a success...

That's ALL that matters -- CONGRATS!!! :dance:

Timeline

Congrats!! this was the only reason I logged on to this website today. To see if my TRIFECTA came in!!!!

Awsome!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs:

You have our number and call us when you get here Marcela!!

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Timeline

Again, congratulations Marcela! :dance:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.