CarolineM

Need MP3 player help

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!

So. I have an IPOD mini from like 3-4 years ago and the battery is finally pretty much dead. I am going to get a new mp3 player. I love my ipod but my mother said she heard that the ipod was going to be obsolete soon. Anyone else heard this??

If so, what other brands should I look at?? Anyone have one they love??

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks :) It was fun. I was sick most of the time and now I'm SUPER jetlagged. It was nice to see his family though!

How was your new year?? ANything eventful?? LOVE the new pic by the way!!

You all geared for basketball season or are you not a fan??

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks :) It was fun. I was sick most of the time and now I'm SUPER jetlagged. It was nice to see his family though!

How was your new year?? ANything eventful?? LOVE the new pic by the way!!

You all geared for basketball season or are you not a fan??

Glad to hear your trip was good, aside from the sickness and jetlag of course! Yikes!

Uneventful New Year's here. Wadi was working, so I was in VJ chat. :unsure::blush:

We don't seem to get nearly enough Duke games on our cable system - I'm gonna have to look into that because I really want to keep up better this year! I have my 5 year reunion in the spring and I don't want to be out of the loop!

Ok, sorry to hijack your mp3 player thread.... Anyone?

:D

Filed: Timeline

Hey Caro!!! Welcome home!!!!!!

I'm sendin ya an email sometime today :P

Erm, but as far as the iPod...I highly doubt they're gonna be obsolete anytime soon...look at how they are a staple in the home now - as evidenced by alllllll the iPod accessories out now.

I love my Creative Zen Touch and have had it for years, but the amt of accessory support as compared to the iPod is dismal!

Timeline

Yeah I think I might just stick to the ipod. I know how to work it, and Itunes is easy.

hmm.

Thanks for all the help :)

Lisa - sorry for the short e-mail...more coming :)

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i just did a bit of reading on the IPOD's becoming obsolete and I can't really find anything confirming that... from what I read it has plans to be with us for along time yet...

I think why people might think that is because when you buy the latest IPOD, they will come out with a newer version a few months later....

THAT new iPod nano may be impossibly slim and stylish but the sad truth is it's already obsolete. Even its bigger, video-playing brother - announced last week - will be old technology by the time it hits the shops next month.

Full Article Here

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ooh thanks Marilyn!! Interesting! I think that's the same with most technology sadly. You buy it, and tehre's something bigger and better just a short time later. Oh well :(

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This article was from about a year ago....

Is Your iPod Obsolete?

Posted Jan 20, 2006 at 12:00AM by Jeff C.

I guess part of Apple's success when it comes to their iPods is the constant evolution of the devices. With ever-expanding memory, slicker aesthetic facelifts, increasingly feature-rich iTunes and bright color screens, Apple has been able to maintain its stranglehold on the MP3 player market.

That's fine and all, but what about those of us with older iPods? At least I approach buying a new iPod with fear each time because I'm not sure if, several months down the line, Ol' Steve will introduce a new device that will just blow everything up to that point out of the water.

Tara Cuslidge with Recordnet shares that sentiment.

"My 20-gigabyte iPod is obsolete. This became obvious two weeks ago when my 17-year-old brother got his new shiny black iPod Nano. It's the size of a thumb drive, has a colored screen and is four gigabytes of music fun and video waiting to happen. My iPod can't compete with that kind of perfection. The dull, somewhat scratched-up rectangular box with a one-color screen screams out-of-style at first glance. Looking at the two side-by-side is like comparing a 1990 cell phone with a Motorola Razor. Yet, my iPod is a 2004 model. My brother's was made in 2005."

With the Video iPod and the iPod Nano, it seems that Apple has reached the apex of MP3 players. How much more can they do?

So are we safe, at least from the moment, from the effects of technology evolving too rapidly, or are we destined to reach out and grab the latest, greatest offering from Apple when it happens? And how many of you are a little unnerved that your $300-plus purchase is now "obsolete?"

nano-718653.jpg

http://apple.qj.net/Is-Your-iPod-Obsolete-/pg/49/aid/2634

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

They just upgraded the IPOD's not too long ago. My old one is a 1gig now now they made it to a 2gig also comes in a 4 gig 6 gig 8 gig

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
They just upgraded the IPOD's not too long ago. My old one is a 1gig now now they made it to a 2gig also comes in a 4 gig 6 gig 8 gig

and 30 and 80 gig

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This article was from about a year ago....
Is Your iPod Obsolete?

Posted Jan 20, 2006 at 12:00AM by Jeff C.

I guess part of Apple's success when it comes to their iPods is the constant evolution of the devices. With ever-expanding memory, slicker aesthetic facelifts, increasingly feature-rich iTunes and bright color screens, Apple has been able to maintain its stranglehold on the MP3 player market.

That's fine and all, but what about those of us with older iPods? At least I approach buying a new iPod with fear each time because I'm not sure if, several months down the line, Ol' Steve will introduce a new device that will just blow everything up to that point out of the water.

Tara Cuslidge with Recordnet shares that sentiment.

"My 20-gigabyte iPod is obsolete. This became obvious two weeks ago when my 17-year-old brother got his new shiny black iPod Nano. It's the size of a thumb drive, has a colored screen and is four gigabytes of music fun and video waiting to happen. My iPod can't compete with that kind of perfection. The dull, somewhat scratched-up rectangular box with a one-color screen screams out-of-style at first glance. Looking at the two side-by-side is like comparing a 1990 cell phone with a Motorola Razor. Yet, my iPod is a 2004 model. My brother's was made in 2005."

With the Video iPod and the iPod Nano, it seems that Apple has reached the apex of MP3 players. How much more can they do?

So are we safe, at least from the moment, from the effects of technology evolving too rapidly, or are we destined to reach out and grab the latest, greatest offering from Apple when it happens? And how many of you are a little unnerved that your $300-plus purchase is now "obsolete?"

nano-718653.jpg

http://apple.qj.net/Is-Your-iPod-Obsolete-/pg/49/aid/2634

I gots that black video one heehee. :blush:

I love my Creative Zen Touch and have had it for years

Same here. With all the horror stories I've heard with people's iPods screwing up in various ways, yet all the success I've had with Creative products (have owned two of their mp3 players among lots of other tech goodies-- the first one was only replaced because I needed more storage space!), I doubt I will ever lean the way of the apple products.

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

I have an iRiver. I love it. At the time I got it, it was better than the best iPod available, $200 cheaper, and about the same (physical) size (same height/width but a bit thicker). And it had a voice recorder. which I really needed. (Also has an FM tuner, records from radio, and displays pictures.) And you can use it as a USB hard drive.

Only issue is their tech support is abominable (I sent in a question, 2 months later I got an email telling me I should read the FAQ and let them know if my question wasn't answered by it--of course I'd done that before I emailed!) but there's a really great user forum (forget where, though) that has always been able to help me.

iRiver has discontinued the big ones though, but I've heard good things about their smaller players.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Daughter just got the LG mint Green Chocolate phone.. it has a transflash disk.. and mp3 capabilities.. just got her a 2 gig transflash.. heck of alot cheaper than her friends 1 gig nano.. haha.. sounds are fantastic.. cant pry it out of her hands..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included