Tahlisha

What to do when immigrant spouse leaves

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just thinking, but this only seems to affect males, I do not remember any females doing this but lots of males?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Mucho,

I visited her in Moscow 1st time and then met in Moscow 2nd time and took a trip together to Turkey. She had no illusions about U.S. but in fairness to other future spouses wherever they come from maybe they could have a peek first.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just thinking, but this only seems to affect males, I do not remember any females doing this but lots of males?

Ive been on VJ for about 6 month now i have only found 3 Moroccan females so far, hmm ...,it is very true about Moroccan men trying to be the paterfamilias of the family ,Moroccan women are more dependent on of their families so they try to obey more,and getting married to a non Muslim is a big no no,(not my family they don`t give a rats butt about religion),but i had my cousins for my father side calling a me a couple of times to tell me oh i need to do a Muslim wedding they will pay for it bla bla bla these people never spoke to me in my life ! and now they want to play family? but oh the shame i will bring them marrying a non Muslim male :D ,i said no thank you and by the way i`m atheist ,they left me alone after that :)

I think religion has a very big thing to do with it, Its okay if the woman is not Muslim but if the Husband is then family start nagging and he has to convert or something like that.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

Timeline

Why? Because they divorced? That's just ridiculous

really?

maybe to you but for me who is playing games and treating people bad,esp who were struggling with their money and time to bring them next them and start a family and then after they get the green card disapear or start acting bad wating for a chance to leave,i consider it as i said....and that is my point of view ,okay?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Probably because most Moroccan women don't marry American men? Just from my experience of the few years I've been following k-1's and marriage based visa's , the Moroccan women are for the most part marrying men in the U.S who are from Morocco.

Timeline

Probably because most Moroccan women don't marry American men? Just from my experience of the few years I've been following k-1's and marriage based visa's , the Moroccan women are for the most part marrying men in the U.S who are from Morocco.

here is a case!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Ive been on VJ for about 6 month now i have only found 3 Moroccan females so far, hmm ...,it is very true about Moroccan men trying to be the paterfamilias of the family ,Moroccan women are more dependent on of their families so they try to obey more,and getting married to a non Muslim is a big no no,(not my family they don`t give a rats butt about religion),but i had my cousins for my father side calling a me a couple of times to tell me oh i need to do a Muslim wedding they will pay for it bla bla bla these people never spoke to me in my life ! and now they want to play family? but oh the shame i will bring them marrying a non Muslim male biggrin.png ,i said no thank you and by the way i`m atheist ,they left me alone after that smile.png

I think religion has a very big thing to do with it, Its okay if the woman is not Muslim but if the Husband is then family start nagging and he has to convert or something like that.

I know now why it did not work with any male from Morocco coz you said you are Atheist .so i understand them as Muslim you shoudl marry someone with belief like Christain , or Jewich.

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Timeline

I know now why it did not work with any male from Morocco coz you said you are Atheist .so i understand them as Muslim you shoudl marry someone with belief like Christain , or Jewich.

First, I think you missed my wife's point - the reason there are so few Moroccan women on VJ is because social and family constraints make it very hard for a woman to marry outside of her culture/religion, while men are comparatively free too do so.

Second, don't over-generalize Moroccans. There is just as much variation in religious observation among Moroccans as any other populations. There are plenty of Moroccans who identify as Muslims and yet are not particularly observant, or observant at all. I personally know plenty of Moroccans who have no qualms at all about drinking alcohol, eating pork, etc. And why would an atheist be more compatible with a Jew or Christian than a Muslim? Surely the problem - if it did indeed prove to be a problem - would be the observance or non-observance of a religion, regardless of which religion.

-Jamie

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

Timeline

First, I think you missed my wife's point - the reason there are so few Moroccan women on VJ is because social and family constraints make it very hard for a woman to marry outside of her culture/religion, while men are comparatively free too do so.

Second, don't over-generalize Moroccans. There is just as much variation in religious observation among Moroccans as any other populations. There are plenty of Moroccans who identify as Muslims and yet are not particularly observant, or observant at all. I personally know plenty of Moroccans who have no qualms at all about drinking alcohol, eating pork, etc. And why would an atheist be more compatible with a Jew or Christian than a Muslim? Surely the problem - if it did indeed prove to be a problem - would be the observance or non-observance of a religion, regardless of which religion.

-Jamie

Why you are so mad if she is Atheist its her choice and if they do not like be with atheist person men Or women its their choice too .Its her who bring religion here .this site is to help people about papers no matter what is theri belief its called "Visajourney not beliefjourney" Take care and be happy with your with your wife

Edited by BraveAmnay
event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, let's please stick closer to the OP's situation.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Wowzzers this just went way off into left field... And I don't understand why people have such an issue whit people coming here and seeking advice or talking about their marriages that did not work out... I mean it is apart of life and is it not part of the process when people are going through the immigration process?????

It was never my intention to make anyone think or feel that all Moroccans are scammers.... Scammers come in all shapes and forms from everypart of the world....... I don't even think my husband is a scammer...I really think our issues are cultural differences and his family that is here in the states puttng all these silly ideas about married americans. Like all married coulpes do everything the same way (their way) I really feel he was torn. I stood my ground and will continue to do so on the things I felt strongly about. He was not able to stand up to them and did not trust me enough to believe that I had some idea on what I was doing....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wowzzers this just went way off into left field... And I don't understand why people have such an issue whit people coming here and seeking advice or talking about their marriages that did not work out... I mean it is apart of life and is it not part of the process when people are going through the immigration process?????

It was never my intention to make anyone think or feel that all Moroccans are scammers.... Scammers come in all shapes and forms from everypart of the world....... I don't even think my husband is a scammer...I really think our issues are cultural differences and his family that is here in the states puttng all these silly ideas about married americans. Like all married coulpes do everything the same way (their way) I really feel he was torn. I stood my ground and will continue to do so on the things I felt strongly about. He was not able to stand up to them and did not trust me enough to believe that I had some idea on what I was doing....

People can get all uppity about just about anything here. Fact is though high fraud countries are high fraud for a reason.

You're not the first one who's married someone with an unrealistic vision of what life in the US is.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

People can get all uppity about just about anything here. Fact is though high fraud countries are high fraud for a reason.

You're not the first one who's married someone with an unrealistic vision of what life in the US is.

there is no real reason make certain country high fraud countrie .The probleme in interview the Co pretend know you in 10 minutes or 15 more than your wife or your fiancee/finace .He already came with that Idea you are with her just get visa to Go to america .So means europian are sincere and their love but otehrs no of course no .them too would like to live the American dream .I will tell you story somone have stop in Paris lady who work there ask them where are you going he said Usa then she said you are very lucky .Thank you all ahve good day

event.png

there is no real reason make certain country high fraud countrie .The probleme in interview the Co pretend know you in 10 minutes or 15 more than your wife or your fiancee/finace .He already came with that Idea you are with her just get visa to Go to america .So means europian are sincere and their love but otehrs no of course no .them too would like to live the American dream .I will tell you story somone have stop in Paris lady who work there ask them where are you going he said Usa then she said you are very lucky .Thank you all ahve good day

If it is not high fraud country, then US consulate would not go out of the way to post warning messages on its website to warn US citizens.

http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiance-visas.html

Internet Romance and Marriage Fraud

Many U.S. citizens befriend Moroccans through Internet dating and social networking sites and these relationships often lead to marriage or engagement. While many of the marriages between U.S. citizens and Moroccans are successful, the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca warns against marriage fraud. It is not uncommon for foreign nationals to enter into marriages with U.S. citizens solely for immigration purposes. Relationships developed via correspondence, particularly those begun on the Internet, are especially susceptible to manipulation. Often, the marriages end in divorce in the United States when the foreign national acquires legal permanent residence (“green card”) or U.S. citizenship. In some cases, the new U.S. citizen or permanent resident then remarries a wife he had divorced around the same time as he had entered into a relationship with the sponsoring U.S. citizen.

Some of the signs that an Internet contact may be developing a relationship with a U.S. citizen in order to obtain an immigrant visa through marriage are:

• Declarations of love within days or weeks of the initial contact;
  • Proposals or discussions of marriage soon after initial contact;
  • Requests to the U.S. citizen to visit the foreign national’s home country soon after the declaration of love or proposal;
  • Responses to messages from the U.S. citizen friend are along the lines “I love you/Sorry I missed your call,” or similarly one-sided conversations;
  • Once engaged, married, or an immigrant visa petition is filed, suddenly starts missing scheduled appointments to chat or call.

While chat rooms, dating, and social networking sites can be ways to make friends across international borders, the U.S. government urges U.S. citizens who meet foreign nationals on the Internet to keep in mind the signs noted above. Entering into a marriage contract for the principal purpose of facilitating immigration to the United States for an alien is against U.S. law and can result in serious penalties, including fines and imprisonment for the U.S. citizen and the foreign national involved.

If you google it, you could find similar messages on numerous US consulate websites too.

e.g. Moscow Russia, Algeria, Guangzhou China, Istanbul Turkey

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

there is no real reason make certain country high fraud countrie

False.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.