2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Sandra the congressman office was contact yesterday with USCIS and they said my case is stiil under rewiew.... :(

Sandra do you think if I have any possibility to my case going to moving after the congressman call uscis about my case...right now I am soo down :( !

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Biometrics are valid for 15 months, not 12, so the officer was mistaken about that.

Ok better for me so I would have to wait long

:o iam soo happy for you loprehelm!

Thanks don't worry god is in control everything will work out for the better

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

CARGUY87 There is no fees regarding form I-360(vawa).

If you can't afford to pay Uscis fees regarding form I-485 then file I-912(fee waiver) it does not matter if you are married or divorced.

Classification request, check option m and write down I-360(VAWA)

You had DACA granted by USCIS then do not file I-485 now, since you can already work under DACA. If you file I-485 and your Vawa is denied you will be removed from the U.S, if you submit just I-360 and your case is denied they are not removing ok.

With getting everything together to file for VAWA and just having all kinds of things running through my head of different scenarios of what might happen I started to wonder about this...

I know it might take a while, months?? If I get approved VAWA, hopefully I will. But then denied I-485 for whatever reason I would be removed from the US?

Even with being granted deferred action under DACA? I'm really wanting to know about this.

I tried looking online for an answer but couldn't find anything similar to the question I need answered.

Timeline

Ok so I found this.

http://bogartimmigrationlaw.com/guides/adjustment-status-denied/

If you are in some other valid status such as on a nonimmigrant work visa, student visa, temporary protected status (TPS), DACA, or are not deportable for some other clear reason, USCIS will usually not issue a Notice To Appear (NTA). This is a summons to appear in immigration court for removal proceedings. Hence, you are free to try again, from the beginning, for lawful permanent residence through adjustment of status.

That is just something I found but would be great if anyone know for sure.

Because if it is, then for me, best case would be to file, both I-360 and I-485 and get another EAD catergory with AOS , well because the EAD category I have now I can work, but I can't drive, no drivers licese with having to work and having joint custody of 2 kids with ex wife it is hard to get around with out driving. and if something goes bad, I would not have to fear being deported.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

caryguy I told you before that if you file I-485 along with Vawa, and your case is denied you will be removed from the Country.Having AOS denied is reason for deportation. Once you filed AOS, forget about DACA.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Ok Sandra.

So it is not true what is on that website ok thanks.

Ok so I found this.

http://bogartimmigrationlaw.com/guides/adjustment-status-denied/

If you are in some other valid status such as on a nonimmigrant work visa, student visa, temporary protected status (TPS), DACA, or are not deportable for some other clear reason, USCIS will usually not issue a Notice To Appear (NTA). This is a summons to appear in immigration court for removal proceedings. Hence, you are free to try again, from the beginning, for lawful permanent residence through adjustment of status.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Carguy 87 The site provided correct information, but they were clear "If you are in some other valid status such as on a nonimmigrant work visa, student visa, temporary protected status (TPS), DACA, or are not deportable for some other clear reason, USCIS will usually not issue a Notice To Appear (NTA).

They are making reference regarding people with NON IMMIGRANT VISA or temporary status.You will file AOS to become immigrant, then the message you posted it does not to apply to your case at all, it applies for those with student visa,DACA,TPS, but filing AOS your DACA wont' be valid anymore.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

Very first message here and on my journey...

Is it possible to file G-1145 with a vawa petition and AOS? I was reading the instructions for the G-1145 and it says it can only be used for applications that are sent to a lockbox and the vawa isn't...

If so, do I clip the G-1145 and place it on the front of every single petition? (I-360;I-485;I-912;...??)

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Filed: Timeline

Sandranj my vwva I-360 approved in April 4 2014 I am sending my I 485 now . On I 485 question I have two yes answer what do think is it bad ? first one do you have any military experience ? Yes I do , second one have you even been arrested or charged I have a speeding ticket on ticket say I was arrested but it is wrong I never arrested in my life it was just speeding ticket also it is dismiss by court cuz police officer not show up at court day . What do you think when I go interview for my GC it can be problem ? Thank you my 360 approved in 4 month no rfe

Having military experience is not an automatic denial. Some countries mandate military service (Israel, for example) and that's just something you state on the forms. If you've served in the military of a US ally (or at least, not a US enemy) I don't think it will be a problem.

Since you weren't convicted of speeding then that won't be an issue, either. Just make sure you obtain a certified letter from the court indicating that you were found not guilty or the charges were dropped, as appropriate.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

hey everyone!

hope all is well..

i have a question. Am i eligible for ADVANCE PAROLE? I got my vawa approved and my i485 is pending, they just asked RFE for medical and i just mailed it..

my EAD expires on 9/04/2014 when do i need to apply again? i think I read it was 120 days. IS it possible to sumbit Advance parole (Form I-512) and get my new ead with "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE". to be able to leave and come back?

thanks for the answers .. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.