4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello VJers :)

this question is especially for all the follow Germans and K1's here! ;)

I just received package 3 in the mail today! YEAH!

I already filled out DS-160, payed the visa fee and gathered all other necessary documents. But the one thing that is really confusing to me is about the medical examination!

In the letter I received today form the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt it states "Do NOT schedule a medical examination until instructed to do so by the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt, NVC or KCC."

If I go to the checklist http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/9318/consular_pdf/Instructions%20for%20Fiancee%20Visa%20Applicants.pdf, which they provided the link in this same letter, it states: "Arrange for your medical examination. Visa applicants are responsible for scheduling their own appointment for a medical examination at one of the approved physicians, before the scheduled interview date. You should note that the medical examination is only valid for 6 months! This means that the validity of your immigrant visa will conform to the expiration date of the examination. We therefore request that you do not schedule the medical examination until instructed to do so by our office."

Then here http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/step6/ it says: "A final visa interview appointment can only be scheduled by us after the medical exam results have been received."

Now I am very confused! ranting33va.gif headbonk.gif

They can't give me an interview date until I have done my medical and they received the results, yet I am not supposed to do it until they tell me to. Does this mean I will get an other letter telling me to go ahead and do the medical? As far as I was informed through VJ and official government sites I thought after package 3 I would only receive one more letter (package 4), telling me when my interview date will be.

Our process is now taking close to a year because of USCIS screw ups and I really don't want to do anything that might cause an other delay...

Maybe somebody just recently had their medical exam and interview and can help me?

I really appreciate every single response :)

Thank you!! heart.gif

-

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

In packet 4 they will tell u your interview date and ask and instruct u to schedule your medical. All you have to do is send the packet 3 check list to the consulate in Frankfurt and wait for the packet 4 then once u received p4 u can arrange ur medical.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I had my medical done before I sent back packet 3. I received packet 4 today and it states: "If you have not yet completed your medical examination, please schedule your medical examination, NOW." I would recommend you to get your medical done before you sent back packet 3 or at the same time. It took the physician's office almost one month to forward my medical results to the embassy! The delay was caused by a simple flu shot that I had to get after my medical because I was a little sick at the time of my medical appointment.

Good luck to you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.