Together4ever

IN FREAKING HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

154 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

"I have happy tears after following/knowing your story"

Jean, I'm with lion_lioness. Ha-ha, and I'm a firelion.

Want to have a crying party? Nah, you don't need that. But I did have happy tears. So happy for you!!!

Inshallah, you'll see him real soon.

Sorry, I put inshallah everywhere, but last time my hubby said that i'll be his wife in a minute and forgot to add 'inshallah' - it didn't happen. It took almost another week to get that done. So, here: INSHALLAH!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Jean....

When you say the word "tomorrow" in reference to Mohammed's arrival, does it make you all giddy? Wow I just can't imagine that feeling after all that time waiting.

Hoping Mohammed arrives safely and you two have a beautiful and blessed reunion, inshallah. (F)

I have to reply by telling you a funny thing that happened to me about 15 minutes ago. I glanced at my reflection in the window glass as I was walking by the breakroom and I didn't even recognize myself. The woman that glanced back at me looked 10 years younger, had this easy smile on her face and she was glowing. I felt like I was looking at a photograph taken of myself when I was just a kid without a care in the world. I had no idea what I'm feeling was showing like that on my face. No wonder everybody's picking on me today. When I say "tomorrow" it still doesn't feel real but something in my heart starts singing. I'm very cautious about letting all this excitement fly because he still has to get through poe and make his connection. When I know he's on THAT flight... omg you won't even want to know me.

ETA: Your's is coming soon...

Edited by just_waiting

They let us off work at 2. WOO HOO. Mohammed is on his way to the airport. His flight doesn't leave for 12 hours, but I know him. He doesn't want to sit and wait anywhere else. We spent many hours in that airport doing just that, only this time its not him who is left behind. His friend is with him. They'll drink coffee and talk all night until its time for him to go. MY GOD THIS DOESN'T SEEM REAL!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm still so happy for you Jean, reading all of your posts and all of the emotions that you're going through. He'll be here safely and before you know it insha'Allah and you'll be flying so high!

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wait until you see him walk out after his plane arrives. I think that memory will stay in my mind forever. What a wonderful feeling. Enjoy your reunion and I pray he has a safe journey home to you. It won't be long now, the dream is coming true.

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wait until you see him walk out after his plane arrives. I think that memory will stay in my mind forever. What a wonderful feeling. Enjoy your reunion and I pray he has a safe journey home to you. It won't be long now, the dream is coming true.

Doreen :D

Oh gosh, I remember that like it was yesterday. His flight was delayed 6 hours due to the suspected bomb threats back the first of August. His was 'supposed to be here on a Wednesday, but instead arrived at 1:30 am Friday morning. (His last flight was 'supposed" to get in at 10:30 Thursday) Poor guy hadn't been able to shower or shave since he left Cairo and me, well I looked like a ragged mess. It didn't even matter once we saw each other though. (F) I wish I could be there to see the reunion!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jean....

When you say the word "tomorrow" in reference to Mohammed's arrival, does it make you all giddy? Wow I just can't imagine that feeling after all that time waiting.

Hoping Mohammed arrives safely and you two have a beautiful and blessed reunion, inshallah. (F)

I have to reply by telling you a funny thing that happened to me about 15 minutes ago. I glanced at my reflection in the window glass as I was walking by the breakroom and I didn't even recognize myself. The woman that glanced back at me looked 10 years younger, had this easy smile on her face and she was glowing. I felt like I was looking at a photograph taken of myself when I was just a kid without a care in the world. I had no idea what I'm feeling was showing like that on my face. No wonder everybody's picking on me today. When I say "tomorrow" it still doesn't feel real but something in my heart starts singing. I'm very cautious about letting all this excitement fly because he still has to get through poe and make his connection. When I know he's on THAT flight... omg you won't even want to know me.

Oh Yes Jean. We will want to know you...at least from a safe distance, like the paparazzi, to take pics of you finally happily dancing!!!! :dance: You know how to do a snoopy dance properly? If not, search google!!!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You must be so excited Jean.

What time does he get in tomorrow?

I pray that he has a safe flight and arrives in your arms on time.

This part is one of the best feelings during this whole process.

Enjoy every moment tomorrow.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Tomorrow!!! WOOT! It is so easy to just *feel* your excitement from reading all of your posts...so touching, and brings back so many memories. I would never want to relive being apart, but I would love to go back and relive that moment of reunion and knowing it was finally for real and done. ENJOY every bit of it; you'll look back on it the rest of your life. Isn't it amazing how it all seems like a never-ending dream (especially for YOU and a few others who had horrible wait times!) and then POOF! all of a sudden, it's time!!??? I barely know you on here (just a bit!) but, along with everyone else, I am just *so* very happy for you!!! (F) (F) Here's to tomorrow, and every day afterward... M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Well he's on the plane and due to arrive only 10 minutes late at JFK.

I wanted to share an interesting tidbit for the people going through Egypt. It turned out Moh purchased a one-way ticket to JFK. The airport officials in Cairo didn't like the fact he was travelling K1 on a one-way ticket so he was required to pay for a 2-way.

Now if this is standard, I don't know. What it is, is our brand of luck. Ha ha. You may want to keep that in the back of your mind when it comes time for your darling to travel. I also know his Ikobo card has been a tremendous life saver for us. I can wire money instantly if necessary no matter where he is. Thank God. We hadn't planned on this so it was a necessity and is the ONLY THING that got him on that plane. (That and the will of Allah.)

I just can't believe his buns are sitting up in the sky over the big pond. I am worried about what customs will be like today. I wonder if the events surrounding Sadam will make customs a bit more rigid. I need meds. I am so freaking today. The whole visa journey is a true nightmare FOR A CONTROL FREAK LIKE ME!!!!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

OMG.....I have never heard of the 1 way ticket dilemma...it may be a good idea

to start another thread/topic on this issue so everyone can see this. So many people

have asked about that and all replies I have seen were always: no problem, 1 way is fine.

That is sooooo ridiculous like everything else ! I hate to think what would have happened

if you weren't able to wire the extra funds immediatley....I can't believe this crazy

process, I really can't.....

On a lighter note, what time does he arrive ? Wish I were a fly on the wall in the airport.

Every time I read your posts I cry! Can't wait for the happy ending !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.