Together4ever

IN FREAKING HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

154 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jean,

I am SO excited for you! I know all about the freaking part once he had the visa. I worried about where he would keep the passport, and just how fast he could get a plane ticket and hop on a plane to me. It is totally normal. All too soon you will be seeing him walking to you in the airport and all that other craziness will just fade into the past.

Congrats again! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Jean,

Are you going to prepare a special welcome home meal for Moh? Will you be able to take some time off (a day or 2) when he gets here? Ask Charles if you can borrow the Victoria Secret catalog to get something special for the wedding night :devil: . Hey someone was going to say something eventually I just did it first :lol:

no no no no no :no:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

After more stress then I care to even spew out here Mohammed has his tickets boughts and he'll be here enshaa Allah Saturday night if there are no delays. A Saturday doesn't leave a lot of late flight options and he'll be racing from customs. I'm holding my breath...

I did however get my house cleaned last night. I was stressing so bad I had to SOMETHING. It was so clean this morning it was almost creepy. Ha ha.

After more stress then I care to even spew out here Mohammed has his tickets boughts and he'll be here enshaa Allah Saturday night if there are no delays. A Saturday doesn't leave a lot of late flight options and he'll be racing from customs. I'm holding my breath...

I did however get my house cleaned last night. I was stressing so bad I had to SOMETHING. It was so clean this morning it was almost creepy. Ha ha.

YAY..more good news!26_16_1.gif

7_2_116.gif

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm late in responding but I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! (F)(F)

Every feeling you are describing are the exact same things I was feeling except I'm sure they are much more intense than mine were because of the grueling wait that you endured. Give yourself a BIG pat on the back and mark the past few months as a major accomplishment. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Keep yourself busy (way to go on getting your house cleaned in one night!) for the next 2 days with something so that the time will go faster. I couldn't sit still for a second when I was waiting and definitely couldn't sleep until he was here.

Very very soon you will be holding him in your arms at the airport! :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Wow, Saturday! The day after tomorrow! Do you have butterflies in your stomach yet?

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

he's coming jean.... when's the wedding?? don't forget to keep breathing and most importantly - EXHALE!!! this has been one of the major celebrations of the year on VJ!!!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

I am sitting at my desk totally dizzy. I need SLEEP. He had requested a big turkey dinner, but I think since I now have Saturday to occupy myself (foam at the mouth, chew on the furniture, and climb the walls) I thought I would make a nice pot of veggie soup. I know it doesn't sound very extravagant but I thought with the travelling and change in diet, maybe it would be gentler then something really rich. We can work up to that. I'll set a nice bowl of rice to go with it and I know he'll enjoy it.

You guys I had a complete meltdown last night. I was sitting alone, totally stressing over this stupid ticket and the fact that I'll see him again after 19 months, reliving everything we've been through, freaking that my alone days are coming to end, well you name it. So I spent 3 hours cleaning/crying. Hahahaha. CATHARSIS. Then we had the ticket rodeo nonsense which started at 3 am and wrapped up at my desk here at work at 7 am. NOW I'm finally letting down.

His friends all went to Cairo today to spend the day with him so I know he's happily occupied. Tomorrow he is shopping then early to bed. He has to be at the airport by 8 am Saturday morning.

Well, blah nevermind... here come the tears again. I have to seriously find my sanity by Saturday or he may just turn around a go back... running as fast as he can.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jean,

I am sorry I'm just - just wanted to say alf mabrouk!!!!! I have happy tears after following/knowing your story - Happy happy happy Eid to you sister.

best wishes on your new life

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

I am sitting at my desk totally dizzy. I need SLEEP. He had requested a big turkey dinner, but I think since I now have Saturday to occupy myself (foam at the mouth, chew on the furniture, and climb the walls) I thought I would make a nice pot of veggie soup. I know it doesn't sound very extravagant but I thought with the travelling and change in diet, maybe it would be gentler then something really rich. We can work up to that. I'll set a nice bowl of rice to go with it and I know he'll enjoy it.

You guys I had a complete meltdown last night. I was sitting alone, totally stressing over this stupid ticket and the fact that I'll see him again after 19 months, reliving everything we've been through, freaking that my alone days are coming to end, well you name it. So I spent 3 hours cleaning/crying. Hahahaha. CATHARSIS. Then we had the ticket rodeo nonsense which started at 3 am and wrapped up at my desk here at work at 7 am. NOW I'm finally letting down.

His friends all went to Cairo today to spend the day with him so I know he's happily occupied. Tomorrow he is shopping then early to bed. He has to be at the airport by 8 am Saturday morning.

Well, blah nevermind... here come the tears again. I have to seriously find my sanity by Saturday or he may just turn around a go back... running as fast as he can.

awww Jean. I think you have had to hold back so many feelings simply to survive this process, that now everything is starting to hit you at once. I think the soup is a wonderful idea. He is arriving so late and its perfect. You can prepare the whole turkey dinner with him in the house. That would be more fun.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. You know, for future reference for many on here that may be reading this... taking into account that not all react the same way to the lovely twists and turns of this process, be prepared for some type of emotional "storm" when the dream finally heads into reality. I knew it would be there, because yes I had suppress so much, but it really bowled me over. Now I'm feeling more peaceful and just want to sleep. Ha ha.

Filed: Other Timeline

I know what you mean about the emotional catharsis, Jean. For me it always comes much much later. I can remember standing in the consulate during the interview and actually hearing the words of the approval, and being pretty much amazed and relieved but non-emotional. I was the same with all the other steps - the trip back to America, the marriage ceremony and everything.

What gets me sometimes still is when he phones from somewhere, we talk and then hang up. I can still remember feeling very alone and empty as I would put the phone back in it's cradle. I have to pinch myself that I will see him when he gets home from work and not some uncharted date in the future.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
I know what you mean about the emotional catharsis, Jean. For me it always comes much much later. I can remember standing in the consulate during the interview and actually hearing the words of the approval, and being pretty much amazed and relieved but non-emotional. I was the same with all the other steps - the trip back to America, the marriage ceremony and everything.

What gets me sometimes still is when he phones from somewhere, we talk and then hang up. I can still remember feeling very alone and empty as I would put the phone back in it's cradle. I have to pinch myself that I will see him when he gets home from work and not some uncharted date in the future.

Same here. I was in the consulate as well and heard "approved." I was excited, but not overly emotional. Now, I get emotional by that very same thing rebeccajo. A phone call from work saying he's running a couple of minutes behind brings floods of memories of those times when I would go to bed holding the phone in case he might call. Now I go to bed holding him.

And Jean, congratulations! We've all been pulling for you.

Billy (UK) & Becky (KY)

First email from penpal site: February 10, 2003
LOTS of emails until....
First phone call, 2+hours: March 23, 2003
Daily phone calls and emails UNTIL...
First meeting in person (Cincinnati airport): August 2, 2003
Second meeting: December 19, 2003
Third meeting (Gatwick airport): March 27, 2004
Sent I-129-F TSC : May 24, 2004
NOA1: May 27, 2004
NOA1 received: June 4, 2004
RFE via email: July 29, 2004
RFE hard copy received: August 2, 2004
NOA2: August 24, 2004
Packet 3 received: September 16, 2004
Packet 4 received: October 18, 2004
Flying to England to be there for the interview: November 6, 2004
Interview: NOVEMBER 9, 2004
APPROVED!!!!!!!
Billy moving to Kentucky: November 23, 2004
Married in a candlelit ceremony on Friday, December 17, 2004!
AOS interview: Monday, October 24, 2005 Louisville
Green card in mail: January 27, 2006

Found out about his girlfriend, and her FIVE kids: April, 2016

Divorce final: August 9,2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
-- 1 John 3:18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.