acabrera7186

January 2014 Filers

584 posts in this topic

My fiance paid MRV fee at bpi on Fri afternoon around 3pm , so do we need to wait a couple days beforehe receipt number is activated, when she's trying to schedule interview it's telling her the receipt number is not found

Hope you were able to schedule an interview.

For others, please be advised that it's not in your best interest to prematurely pay the fee before receiving confirmation of receipt (packet 3) from the co/embassy.

Note that the fee is non-refundable and frankly speaking, I wouldn't want to rely on admin side to track your packet...in case the advance payment has caused a 'mishap.'

We were too eager to set a date for our interview upon obtaining a case # that we tried to pay ahead (as some bloggers have encouraged) but was advised highly against it by embassy staff.

She has her interview later this month...#ontothenext1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Anyone else fill out the DS-160? I expected questions about previous work history/residency/education but they just asked for current job and address. I have a mistake on my G-325a and I was looking forward to correcting it on this form :/

i helped my fiance fill out the d160 there was a section on education and work history you would click on +add another and it would give you places to fill out. we only went back as 5 yrs i believe we didn't include his work prior to that. I didn't think it was required.

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

Hi everyone!

I've been reading everything on this thread but only just now created an account to share the good news: our I129F was approved in 69 days, and this is with a RFE in the meantime. We were expecting around 4-5 months, this is great!

Congratulations

Removal of Conditions 

4/10/17 - i751 sent

4/13/17 - i751 received

5/3/17 - Check Cashed

5/5/17 - NOA 1 (dated 4/13)

If your beneficiary has gone through medical...

Is 'Hep A' (1 shot of its series) required prior to EOD?

Her doc recommended to start the series in the states since the second shot must be taken 6mo later.

Would suck if this doc's recommendation screws up her interview.

Her doc recommended to start the series in the states since the second shot must be taken 6mo later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So this morning I spent about 40 minutes on hold with the NVC, and when someone finally answered she only spoke to me for about a minute. She told me that I had to go to usembassy.gov and to my country to get an appointment.

I found Kabul and on that website I did the following:

• Under Visas I clicked on Non-Immigrant Visas (I am filing for a K1 and filled out a DS 160)
  • Clicked on this link : http://kabul.usembas...for_a_visa.html.
  • Then clicked on a link that sent me to: evisaforms.state.gov
  • I clicked "Schedule an Appointment"
  • Then I filled out questions such as:
    • ​Surname
    • Given name
    • Passport Number
    • Barcode Number (OF DS 160 Confirmation page)
    • Email
    • Telephone

• ​Next I was able to choose a date and time.
  • Printed out the Confirmation page

It was so easy! But that is exactly my concern! I feel as if it was too easy. Has anyone else gone through this method? Is the appointment date for the interview actually valid?

Many thanks!

P.S. I'm not just asking about Kabul, I would like to know everyone's story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I haven't scheduled an interview for my k1 visa yet, but I do have my second visitor visa and I scheduled both appointments the exact same way, for the embassy in Bucharest. It is pretty easy, which is nice :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I think every embassy is different how they want you to schedule the appt.

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Yeah, I think you got bad advice. K1s are often processed as immigrant visas. From here http://kabul.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas.html

It is important to note that almost all visa processing prior to the interview is conducted by the National Visa Center in the United States. With K (fiancé/e) visa appointments, the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul will contact applicants with required documentation and an appointment date.

For me that's exactly what happened, they sent me an email and we worked out an interview date. If I were you I'd try to contact the embassy, or at least check in the regional forum.

Hi everyone,

So this morning I spent about 40 minutes on hold with the NVC, and when someone finally answered she only spoke to me for about a minute. She told me that I had to go to usembassy.gov and to my country to get an appointment.

I found Kabul and on that website I did the following:

• Under Visas I clicked on Non-Immigrant Visas (I am filing for a K1 and filled out a DS 160)
  • Clicked on this link : http://kabul.usembas...for_a_visa.html.
  • Then clicked on a link that sent me to: evisaforms.state.gov
  • I clicked "Schedule an Appointment"
  • Then I filled out questions such as:
    • ​Surname
    • Given name
    • Passport Number
    • Barcode Number (OF DS 160 Confirmation page)
    • Email
    • Telephone
  • ​Next I was able to choose a date and time.
  • Printed out the Confirmation page

It was so easy! But that is exactly my concern! I feel as if it was too easy. Has anyone else gone through this method? Is the appointment date for the interview actually valid?

Many thanks!

P.S. I'm not just asking about Kabul, I would like to know everyone's story.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Assuming she's over 18 years old hep A isn't required at all unless her doctor specifically recommends it because of some medical issue she has.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yeah, I think you got bad advice. K1s are often processed as immigrant visas. From here http://kabul.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas.html

For me that's exactly what happened, they sent me an email and we worked out an interview date. If I were you I'd try to contact the embassy, or at least check in the regional forum.

Thanks sharky-Rex! The page said for anyone who filed a DS 160 which I did. I didn't do the DS 260 but I will double check.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Getting excited and nervous. Medical end of the week and interview end of the month.

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster here. If your case was transferred to California was that noted on the NOA1 or on the status page on the USCIS site? For me neither has any sort of indication so I'm assuming Texas is my service center (especially since I haven't gotten the NOA2 yet lol). Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster here. If your case was transferred to California was that noted on the NOA1 or on the status page on the USCIS site? For me neither has any sort of indication so I'm assuming Texas is my service center (especially since I haven't gotten the NOA2 yet lol). Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum!

It can be noted on the NOA1 that it was transferred right away or they can do a transfer later on in the process. What prefix does your case number begin with, WAC or SRC?

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It can be noted on the NOA1 that it was transferred right away or they can do a transfer later on in the process. What prefix does your case number begin with, WAC or SRC?

It begins with SRC.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It begins with SRC.

Cool, your application is at TSC. Welcome, by the way :content:

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.