topoftherock2013

January 2014 AOS Filers

1,012 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys

Back after a long time away working and working and working some more. God they kill you with work in this country. I Miss the uk. Never worked this hard there lol.

So still waiting on that green card status to change to interview and testing. It's been 7months already since we filed.

Hope you guys are having better news from them.

And cos I am a sucker for punishment I am just about to start my masters in family nurse practitioner next month so really do need to start chasing theses people for the green card as the university who accepted me needs proof of status.

How's everyone else getting on with work?

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi nurseling! hi everyone! wow we already have 64 pages of this thread....

I'm sorry to hear you havent gotten your greencard yet.

As for me, mine was sent a week after our interview on May 20. But we received our EAD Apr 9 so that is not really very impt to me.

Finally, i got me a job after months of searching. it isnt much but its a start. I will start working next week. Wish me luck!

And enjoy your masters gurl:) Keep in touch!

Nurseling! So good to hear from you and sorry you still haven't heard anything :(

Hold tight, and it'll happen soon for you! I know how tough it is to start a course, I just finished my exams three weeks ago and freedom tastes good! lol

I'm looking for a job now, its a tough market out here in NYC ...

Good luck JB Forever! I'm sure you'll be smashing in your new adventure :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there topof the rock! i know how hard it could be but i am sure you would find the perfect job that's a right fit for you:)

look at you, you already finished your exams!!! congrats on your freedom LOL now on to the real deal, getting a job! whew!! it is tough i tell you but you will find one for sure pretty soon! keep the faith:)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How many January filers are waiting for NOA2 ?

USCIS-

Vermont Service Center

01/28/14: NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15: Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15: Hard copy of transfer received in mail

07/02/15: NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally after long wait.

07/13/15: NOA2 (I-130 Approved letter hard copy)

NVC -

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

07/21/15: NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 07/25/2015)

xx/xx/15: Welcome letter received by e-mail

xx/xx/15: Agent chosen by phone

xx/xx/15: AOS FEE sent my mail

xx/xx/15: IV Invoice received by e-mail

08/xx/15: IV FEE payment sent by mail

xx/xx/15: AOS Package sent to NVC

xx/xx/15 : DS-260 Available and completed

xx/xx/15: Case Completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just checked USCIS and my husbands green card is in production!!!! Yay! We filed in January (all 3 forms), received waiver in April (I believe) and card production status as of 8.25. Thanks be to God for this forum!!! Good luck to everyone else out there who is waiting!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Just checked USCIS and my husbands green card is in production!!!! Yay! We filed in January (all 3 forms), received waiver in April (I believe) and card production status as of 8.25. Thanks be to God for this forum!!! Good luck to everyone else out there who is waiting!

Congrats to you!

Congratulations!! :)

I-229f petition sent: January 11th 2013

Visa in hand: 16th October

Fly to America! Saturday 19th October! :D

Adjustment of Status:

I-485 filed: January 24th 2014

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received: May 15th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Approved without interview . Waiting for my green card to receive.

Hi guys. Just wanted to keep you updated. We were approved on August 19th for the green card and we just received it today!!! (August 26th) We are soo happy. Good luck to all of you. :)

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi All,

We are still waiting to hear back from USCIS on our case! We submitted our application back in January, got the combined EAD/AP in March, and had an interview in April. IO said they did not have our file at the field office and someone may have lost it or not sent it to the right place.

At the end of the interview, IO asked for:

- New medical for my wife. This was so unfair as losing the file is their own fault, but we still said yes and we would be happy to do it.

- New biometrics form (G-325a) for me as IO did not have the background info and more than a year had passed since I applied for I-129F. We said ok this should be straight forward.

We have since contacted our congressman's office, which sent an inquiry to USCIS and got a response saying a decision will be made once "certain issues are resolved", but we don't have a clue what the issues are at this point.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Here is a link to the complete story (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/504265-interesting-aos-interview-and-delay-uscis-lost-file/#entry7109480)

Hey all, I posted on this exact topic but in the wrong forum. Being based in DC, I'm assuming we're in the VSC (My wife and I have an immigration lawyer so I actually haven't familiarized myself deeply with the process). Here's my update, which makes me think my wife and I have a longer than normal waiting time based on others' timelines here on VisaJourney.

Is the "filer" date the same thing as the priority date? My wife's priority date is on early January of this year, yet it is been in interview scheduling since February. My wife received her EAD (work permit) in March. Since then all we've done is update our address on file.

We are just past the six-month mark and our lawyer contacted USCIS and said we can't re-contact them until we get a response or thirty days without a response passes.

That response window would be in early September, so at that point if they just say "We're working on it," what is my best course of action? We're in Washington, DC, and since we're not a state here in the capital I know our political representation situation is a little different. Who would we contact in my wife's case? Thanks for all your help from AJ increasingly impatient January filer!

Hey all, I posted on this exact topic but in the wrong forum. Being based in DC, I'm assuming we're in the VSC (My wife and I have an immigration lawyer so I actually haven't familiarized myself deeply with the process). Here's my update, which makes me think my wife and I have a longer than normal waiting time based on others' timelines here on VisaJourney.

Is the "filer" date the same thing as the priority date? My wife's priority date is on early January of this year, yet it is been in interview scheduling since February. My wife received her EAD (work permit) in March. Since then all we've done is update our address on file.

We are just past the six-month mark and our lawyer contacted USCIS and said we can't re-contact them until we get a response or thirty days without a response passes.

That response window would be in early September, so at that point if they just say "We're working on it," what is my best course of action? We're in Washington, DC, and since we're not a state here in the capital I know our political representation situation is a little different. Who would we contact in my wife's case? Thanks for all your help from AJ increasingly impatient January filer!

Hey there… fellow January filer here. The filing date is when you sent the i-483 Adjustment of Status forms and when they were received at USCIS. You can find that out by logging in to your USCIS account and checking your case status. That will also tell you where your paperwork is being processed. It might not necessarily be the closest one to you… I'm in NYC but my AOS file got sent to the National Benefits Center for processing.

Hang in there… you're not alone!

I-229f petition sent: January 11th 2013

Visa in hand: 16th October

Fly to America! Saturday 19th October! :D

Adjustment of Status:

I-485 filed: January 24th 2014

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received: May 15th

I think many of us are in the same boat! Our USCIS updates haven't moved since they received our application 1/23. Still just says "acceptance". My husband also got his EAD in March. Did you by chance get the interview waiver letter? We got the waiver letter in April which specifically says that we shouldn't try to contact them unless we haven't heard anything by 6 months from the date of the receipt of the waiver letter which for us will be in late October.

In all honesty I've stopped worrying about it. Hubby can work and drive and that's all he really cared about being able to do! The rest will fall into place when the government has time to deal with it.

K1

3/13/13: Filed K1 Application

3/20/13: NOA1

7/12/13: RFE

8/5/13: RFE Reply

8/26/13: NVC Received

9/4/13: Packet 4 received via email

9/23/13: Fiancee received his hard Packet 4

12/5/13: Interview, Visa Aprobada!

12/12/13: Visa Received

12/13/13: Entry into US

AOS

1/15/14: Filed AOS

1/22/14: NOA

2/13/14: Biometrics Appointment

3/25/14: EAD and AP Approved

3/31/14: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

4/28/14: Received Interview Waiver Letter

10/8/14: Called USCIS and was allowed to file a Service Request since we're outside of normal processing times for our local office. Should have a response in 15-30 days.

10/29/14: Received letter (dated 10/27/14, exactly 1 day before the 6 month mark) stating that our case would be transferred to the Houston field office for processing.

11/28/14: Received letter (dated 11/20/14) stating that our case had been received at the Sacremento office and would be processed there and if we don't hear from them in 60 days to contact NVC.

12/9/14: Card is in production

12/16/14: 2 year card in hand!

I think many of us are in the same boat! Our USCIS updates haven't moved since they received our application 1/23. Still just says "acceptance". My husband also got his EAD in March. Did you by chance get the interview waiver letter? We got the waiver letter in April which specifically says that we shouldn't try to contact them unless we haven't heard anything by 6 months from the date of the receipt of the waiver letter which for us will be in late October.

In all honesty I've stopped worrying about it. Hubby can work and drive and that's all he really cared about being able to do! The rest will fall into place when the government has time to deal with it.

I haven't received an interview waiver and you're

spot-on that being able to work and get/renew a driver license is a huge benefit as we wait.

In our case, my wife and I are hoping to be able to travel abroad on vacation and to visit her family, and we had to postpone a trip we booked because our case fell so far behind the standard timeline. Hopefully we'll interview soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.