TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Voici la liste des photographes suggérés par l'ambassade: http://french.france.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/non-immigrant-photographes.pdf

m

Ah merci :D

04/22/2016 I-129F sent

04/28/2016 NAO1

07/08/2016 NAO2 text received

07/27/2016 : Reveiced at NVC

08/04/2016 : Received at embassy

08/11/2016 : Packet 3 received

09/13/2016: Medical

09/14/2016: Interview APPROVED

09/16/2016: Administrative processing

09/22/2016: Issued

09/27/2016: Visa received

10/06/2016: POE Oregon State

:goofy:

11/05/2016: AOS sent with EAD/AP

11/07/2016: Received in Chicago

11/19/2016: NAO1 by text

11/25/2016: NAO1 hard copies

12/14/2016: Biometrics appointment

Timeline

salut!

ce qui peut que l'on soit refusé au niveau medical est biensur toutes maladies qui pourrait présenter un risque sanitaire, exemple la tuberculose d'où la radio des poumons, les mst type sida et hepatites pour ne citer que celles-ci..... un examen sanguin positif aux drogues entraine un ajournement de k1 dans le meilleur cas d'un an et dans le pire un refus categorique!

pour ce qui est de la publication des bancs pour ma part je ne l'ai pas fait, vu la complexité au niveau des dates d'obtention du visa et la durée de validité de nos document, j'ai lu sur dautres forums que l'on pouvait le faire après le mariage, par courier avec pieces justificatives...n'étant pas experte peut etre que d'autres ont d'autres sources et pourrons nous éclairer....

pour l'extrait du casier judiciaire oui effectivement c'est le bulletin N*3, la demande se fait en ligne, et tu le reçois au bout de dix jrs

maintenant concernant les photos je suis simplement allé chez un bon photographe qui était au courant des formats américains.

en esperant t'avoir un peu aider :-)

Merci pour ta réponse :) oui en effet, ça m'aide! :) je pense que je vais faire comme toi pour les bans ^^ trop de paperasse! On verra plus tard lol!

04/22/2016 I-129F sent

04/28/2016 NAO1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

frfrog, we have got our Bulletin n 3, that is not the question. In my bangkok american embassy they ask english translation, I thought so many people did it, that this translation should be circulating somewhere in internet, because why pay if you can do it yourself and make it sign by someone? I saved my time and money by finding some other translations, but not this one, I thought VJ members might have it. Instead I could share with them template of french birth certif into english for example.

Most french applicants go to the Paris embassy where they accept documents in english and/or french, so my guess is that not a lot of people translated it... I didn't, sorry. :(

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Merci pour ta réponse :) oui en effet, ça m'aide! :) je pense que je vais faire comme toi pour les bans ^^ trop de paperasse! On verra plus tard lol!

La publication des bans, ca se fait avant de se marier, ou pas du tout. Apres etre marie(e), c'est trop tard. Perso, je ne l'ai pas fait non plus.

C'est obligatoire du point de vue francais, mais pas du cote americain, donc...

Par contre, je vous recommande de faire la paperasse apres votre mariage pour transcrire votre mariage a l'etat civil francais pour que votre mariage soit reconnu en France (surement ce dont tu as lu sur d'autres forums, frfrog). C'est a ce moment la qu'on recoit un livret de famille. :)

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

La publication des bans, ca se fait avant de se marier, ou pas du tout. Apres etre marie(e), c'est trop tard. Perso, je ne l'ai pas fait non plus.

Par contre, je vous recommande de faire la paperasse apres votre mariage pour transcrire votre mariage a l'etat civil francais pour que votre mariage soit reconnu en France (surement ce dont tu as lu sur d'autres forums, frfrog). C'est a ce moment la qu'on recoit un livret de famille. :)

Merci! Oui on fera les papiers après le mariage mais pas avant du coup ☺️ Edited by angie33

04/22/2016 I-129F sent

04/28/2016 NAO1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

ha merci oui du coup c'est plus clair et logique! merci bcp didopage!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello! For those of you who have gone through the K1 visa process, I received my case # from NVC today (our application shipped out last Tuesday), and when I checked CEAC earlier, it says our case is listed as "Ready." Does that mean the embassy has received it? And is there anything we can or need to do before we receive packet 3 / 4? I've seen in the forums that some of the other countries can book their medical and interview as soon as they get their case #, but I wasn't sure if France allows you to do that or you just have to wait.

Thanks very much!

Timeline

Hello! For those of you who have gone through the K1 visa process, I received my case # from NVC today (our application shipped out last Tuesday), and when I checked CEAC earlier, it says our case is listed as "Ready." Does that mean the embassy has received it? And is there anything we can or need to do before we receive packet 3 / 4? I've seen in the forums that some of the other countries can book their medical and interview as soon as they get their case #, but I wasn't sure if France allows you to do that or you just have to wait.

Thanks very much!

Hello!

Now, you just need to wait to receive the e-mail from the Paris Embassy. Got to be patient for just a few more days and you're almost done :P ! :) In that e-mail they will give you all of the instructions in order to get an appointment and prepare your documents.

Timeline

Hello!

Now, you just need to wait to receive the e-mail from the Paris Embassy. Got to be patient for just a few more days and you're almost done :P ! :) In that e-mail they will give you all of the instructions in order to get an appointment and prepare your documents.

That is such great news! Thanks a million!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi! My fiancé and I are applying for a K1 and yesterday the embassy in Paris emailed me (the petitioner) a step by step guide of what to do next (we've already been approved and gone through the NVC) it states several different steps and what to bring to the interview and one of the last steps state

"each beneficiary must pay the related fees, select an appointment (from 8.30am to 10.45am) on any available Wednesday morning, then register a French mailing address by visiting the outsourcing company which manages the Courier Service via Google Chrome at www.usvisa-info.com"

So I've done that and when I try and select a date on the calaneder all the dates are greyed out and unavailable to select. Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something?

I have filled out a DS-160 also, so I'm a bit confused.

Timeline

Hi! My fiancé and I are applying for a K1 and yesterday the embassy in Paris emailed me (the petitioner) a step by step guide of what to do next (we've already been approved and gone through the NVC) it states several different steps and what to bring to the interview and one of the last steps state

"each beneficiary must pay the related fees, select an appointment (from 8.30am to 10.45am) on any available Wednesday morning, then register a French mailing address by visiting the outsourcing company which manages the Courier Service via Google Chrome at www.usvisa-info.com"

So I've done that and when I try and select a date on the calaneder all the dates are greyed out and unavailable to select. Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something?

I have filled out a DS-160 also, so I'm a bit confused.

My fiance and I had just finished the exact same step yesterday and when he logged in this morning (well, 2am for me here in California, 11am for him in France), there was only one appointment available, and it was for this Wednesday, July 27th. So he's pretty much had to drop everything and scramble to book his medical, flight to Paris, etc, in hopes that 1.5 days for the medical prior to the interview will be enough.

It is weird though, that that was the only available appointment. And everything else is unavailable for the entire month of August. Perhaps if you keep logging back in, more time slots will open up?

Timeline

My fiance and I had just finished the exact same step yesterday and when he logged in this morning (well, 2am for me here in California, 11am for him in France), there was only one appointment available, and it was for this Wednesday, July 27th. So he's pretty much had to drop everything and scramble to book his medical, flight to Paris, etc, in hopes that 1.5 days for the medical prior to the interview will be enough.

It is weird though, that that was the only available appointment. And everything else is unavailable for the entire month of August. Perhaps if you keep logging back in, more time slots will open up?

Really? I'm hoping for an August date, that's when I plan on flying to France and attend the interview with my fiancé. I hope dates starting opening, I know I've been checking the calaneder on the website every second of the day!

Timeline

Also, did you have to fill out the DS-2001 form (Notification of Applicant Readiness)? Because in the checklist the Embassy sent me that was not a requirement listed, and I have seen a lot of people have had to do this, nor did I have to send anything back to them, it was pretty straight forward.

I've attached two pictures showing what I was emailed from them. Thanks!

post-229544-0-09370700-1469327110_thumb.jpg

post-229544-0-40669400-1469327120_thumb.jpg

Timeline

So according to what I have read on here and the internet , I came to the conclusion that the Ds-2001 may be the old system for scheduling appointment ( I may be wrong but this notification of applicant remains a mystery for me :no: )

However by checking the US embassy website https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ to schedule your interview , and pay the fees you need to visit this website : https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-fr/iv

PS: I'm currently waiting for packet 3 and this last step of the process is so blurry , not much accurate information provided on how to do things properly -_-

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Timeline

Also, did you have to fill out the DS-2001 form (Notification of Applicant Readiness)? Because in the checklist the Embassy sent me that was not a requirement listed, and I have seen a lot of people have had to do this, nor did I have to send anything back to them, it was pretty straight forward.

I've attached two pictures showing what I was emailed from them. Thanks!

We didn't fill out a DS-2001 or send anything back to them, either. We just gathered everything that was on the email (identical to yours), filled out the DS-160, and wired the money in order to schedule the interview.

Did you have issues using a credit card to pay? We tried both his French cc's, as well as my American one, and neither went through, so we ended up having to wire the money and then waiting a few days for it to clear before we were able to schedule the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.