TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, portorusa said:

Your ESTA was denied, why? Have you had an approved ESTA in the past? 

My husband visited me several times on ESTA while his CR1 was pending. He plans to do it again now, after his interview for CR1 and before CR1 is issued. The status is still in Administrative Processing, it’s been 45 days and counting, and the separation is killing us. I wish I could come visit him but my work in USA won’t allow me. 

It’s a long story ..

To do short , us embassy Blocked myESTA ( I used one time for less than 2 months for our ho et moon in USA ) in august 2018 when I applied for visitor visa as USCIS told me to do after they lost my first I-130 package .. 

USCIS told me to do visitor visa , fly to us and do adjustment of status . 
when I told that to the agent he said that it was not possible and that I have to do the « right way » and apply again for I-130 what we did when we came back home . I asked about my ESTA as I read that there was « chances » for it to be blocked and he said , yes he is blocked now as you want to immigrate And not showing enough ties to France 

we flew from Corsica to Paris in august just to

« loose » all my ways to go to US waiting ( forever ) for immigrant visa ( I am still at NVC waiting for second review) 

we didn’t been to USA since January 2018 .

by chance my husband is here with me 🙏

that sad that your husband can’t still not come to join you 😕

if by chance I get DQ in few days I am asking myself about the medical . 
i see that sometimes it don’t arrive on time at the embassy ( within 2 days) so then if it’s the case we go in AP? 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline

Hey you all :)

My interview was scheduled for 8.30 AM today (IR1/CR1). I arrived at 8 and stayed in a line (outside) until 8.30 when they started letting us in. 
First : security check 
Second : first (quick) document check
Third : documents submission (they only took originals of my civil documents : birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, police record) + biometrics
Fourth : actual interview - super friendly and easy going. 
Questions : 
1. Where are you currently working? What kind of job is this? ("it will be super easy for you to find work in the US")
2. What is your husband doing?
3. When did you meet and how?
4. How many people were attending your wedding? 
5. Where did you like to live better Paris or Zagreb (my hometown in Croatia)? (I think this one is just to chat while he is processing documents lol)
He said at one point, everything looks perfectly fine and your visa is APPROVED. You should be receiving your passport within a week (which I know usually takes way more ;))
I was out of the embassy at 9.15 so all process took 1H15 (or 45 min if you don't count outside wait time)

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Timeline

Hi Vj family , 

as still not DQ after 2nd submission ( because they ask again additional paperwork ) 
we really want to try the visitor visa as I talked about in a previous post . 

but flying from my island is expensive so I would like to be sure that if we reapply for a visitor visa ( they denied me one in august 2018 because I said I want to immigrate ) we will put all the chances on our side for one time . 

we decided to slow down with the immigrant process ( no withdrawal finally) to  stay longer in France and think about it for a little while . 

so we just want to visit the family 2/3 weeks and my husband will sell his car and some stuff . 
my question is about the strong ties and the pending immigrant petition at NVC 

as ties to France I have

- my car under my name + insurance 

- house rental contract ( under both names )

- electricity bills ( under both names )

- house insurance (Under both names)

- bank account (under both names ) 

is it enough? I am not employed and we don’t have kids . My husband is my only family 

Then for the pending immigrant visa , is it a problem ? 
could we explain that we want just to go few weeks to see the family and bring back some stuff we sent when we thought we will move soon ? 

we just want to see them for a short time and come back here . 

when we call NVC they say that it is at the discretion of the agent .

i tried to ask an esta yesterday night and then I read that once a visa is refused no more esta , ever .  ( I thought it was just for the previous one  so I tried ..) 

any advices is welcome 🙏 

good day to y’all 😊

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Hello Mr&MrsT,

I am very happy to hear you are not fully backing up from the process.

Yes, once the ESTA has been refused once, it is over. But honestly, an ESTA can be refused for so many different reasons (even internet bug), that Immigration is used to receiving Tourist visa applications for B2.

Like you said, it is totally at the discretion of the Officer at the Embassy and then at the discretion of the Agent at the Border to decide.

There is no way you can know in advance if they will give you the B2 visa or not. So you will have to take the risk to travel from your (beautiful) island to Paris.

When I asked for a B2 visa, I don't recall giving much information on line. Everything really happened during the itw at the Embassy. But that was in 2015. Since then, maybe, they've changed it with an full online process.

Cf your ties: does your husband have a job? Would be good to add his contract in the file. You have car, insurance, house rental, and bank account, AND you have been married for few years which is a good point.

Let us know how it goes.

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
12 hours ago, Devon&Sandra said:

He said at one point, everything looks perfectly fine and your visa is APPROVED. 

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you:goofy:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Mr&MrsT,

I am very happy to hear you are not fully backing up from the process.

Yes, once the ESTA has been refused once, it is over. But honestly, an ESTA can be refused for so many different reasons (even internet bug), that Immigration is used to receiving Tourist visa applications for B2.

Like you said, it is totally at the discretion of the Officer at the Embassy and then at the discretion of the Agent at the Border to decide.

There is no way you can know in advance if they will give you the B2 visa or not. So you will have to take the risk to travel from your (beautiful) island to Paris.

When I asked for a B2 visa, I don't recall giving much information on line. Everything really happened during the itw at the Embassy. But that was in 2015. Since then, maybe, they've changed it with an full online process.

Cf your ties: does your husband have a job? Would be good to add his contract in the file. You have car, insurance, house rental, and bank account, AND you have been married for few years which is a good point.

Let us know how it goes.

Alix

It’s like . I want to quit but at the same time I don’t want to give up because we’ve been through so much already ...

my husband is now  Stressed for them to put this other visa demand we could do  as a red flag on our immigrant case . 

for the ties , My husband is not working as he is Navy Veteran retired so financially he is doing better than me if I had two jobs here  Lol 

i am a good person . I just ask to be able to visit family with my husband 🙁

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Navy veteran woooh respect! That is huge!

And should be well regard at the Embassy.

Try to have him present at the Embassy (not sure it is allowed but we never know)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Navy veteran woooh respect! That is huge!

And should be well regard at the Embassy.

Try to have him present at the Embassy (not sure it is allowed but we never know)

That’s what I think too ! He served his country with pride for 20 years 🇺🇸🤘
but the embassy don’t care as he is not on active duty 🤬

first time they didn’t allow him as he had to be on « the list » so if we try the B2 we will ask how to do before to allow him to come with me 

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My husband and stepson had their interview yesterday January 22nd at 9:30 am.

We showed up at 9 am, passed security and my husband wiated on line to speak to an officer. It took about 45 minutes.

The first officer asked for all the required documents and told us to wait in the waiting room until they called our name. We waited for about 30 min.

They called their names, I went with them to the window, the officer let me stay for the interview.

They asked us how we met? They asked a trick question about one of our sponsors? if we had other kids?

We had brought a pile of photos and two photobooks, the officer didn't ask to see them.

He first announced my husband was approved, then he checked some documents for my step son and about 5 min later told us his visa was also approved.

The officer told us their visas would arrive in a week... I checked today and CEAC says one of them is issued and the other being processed.

We left the embassy at about noon.

:) :) :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ju & Manu said:

Hi Everyone,

We showed up at 9 am, passed security and my husband wiated on line to speak to an officer. It took about 45 minutes.

The first officer asked for all the required documents and told us to wait in the waiting room until they called our name. We waited for about 30 min.

They called their names, I went with them to the window, the officer let me stay for the interview.

They asked us how we met? They asked a trick question about one of our sponsors? if we had other kids?

We had brought a pile of photos and two photobooks, the officer didn't ask to see them.

He first announced my husband was approved, then he checked some documents for my step son and about 5 min later told us his visa was also approved.

The officer told us their visas would arrive in a week... I checked today and CEAC says one of them is issued and the other being processed.

Congrats on your approval. 🥳🥳

I was wondering how you checked your status because neither on the CEAC website nore on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-fr/iv

I’m able to see any changes in my status. I’m still at the « appointment » stage on the second website.

It’s been two weeks since my approval and I haven’t received anything and had any news, I’m starting to panic. Maybe I missed a step I don’t know.

Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 8:24 AM, Lisa Pr said:

Just for info , my status changed to. "Issued" after 3 days, and they notified my of the upcoming delivery with tracking number yesterday :) ( so a week from the interview) 

Sorry to bother, I was wondering when you did your medical exams?  I had an appointment with doctor Jolly the day before my interview and I wanted to know if this could explain why the processing of my visa is taking so long. ( still « ready »on the CEAC website).

Thank you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, angsounamoun said:

Congrats on your approval. 🥳🥳

I was wondering how you checked your status because neither on the CEAC website nore on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-fr/iv

I’m able to see any changes in my status. I’m still at the « appointment » stage on the second website.

It’s been two weeks since my approval and I haven’t received anything and had any news, I’m starting to panic. Maybe I missed a step I don’t know.

Hello,

I checked on CEAC.. 

hope you hear back soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, angsounamoun said:

Sorry to bother, I was wondering when you did your medical exams?  I had an appointment with doctor Jolly the day before my interview and I wanted to know if this could explain why the processing of my visa is taking so long. ( still « ready »on the CEAC website).

Thank you.

Hi ! In fact I had my medical appointment about 3 weeks before the interview. Did you get your envelop with the results directly at the end of your medical appointment? 

If not probably it took a few days for the embassy to receive the results and that might be the reason for the delay 

Timeline

Hi everyone , 

i am finally DQ since yesterday and I would like to know how long it took for you guys Who already attempt the interview in Paris , to receive your IL after DQ and how long from  the IL to the interview .

thank you for your answers 😀

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 1/23/2020 at 3:55 AM, Ju & Manu said:

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations !!!🎉🎈🍾 How old is your stepson? Does your husband have other children?

On 1/24/2020 at 2:09 PM, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi everyone , 

i am finally DQ since yesterday and I would like to know how long it took for you guys Who already attempt the interview in Paris , to receive your IL after DQ and how long from  the IL to the interview .

thank you for your answers 😀

About 3 weeks later we got our IL after DQ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.