TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Did you receive an email from the Embassy with the confirmation # of the package they mailed to you? You can track your package by this number.

Normally in 5 days after ISSUED the passport with the visa arrived in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
19 minutes ago, portorusa said:

Did you receive an email from the Embassy with the confirmation # of the package they mailed to you? You can track your package by this number.

Normally in 5 days after ISSUED the passport with the visa arrived in the mail.

No I didn’t received any mail for now .

they issued my visa on a Friday so I supposed the 5 days starts today . Plus living on the Corsica island the mail I sometimes slower to come 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 3/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, Devon&Sandra said:

I still didn't receive my SSN so there is not much I can do for now. Waiting on it to be able to open my bank account.

I was able to open a joint bank account with my wife at Bank of America without SSN and have a debit card. Had to wait for the SSN to apply for a credit card but I could be added a an authorized user on my wife's in the meantime. But if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, do everything at the same time (we had to go back a couple of times).

For our story, look at my profile.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all!

New to the forum but we've been waiting for a while (I-130 sent on 15 October 2018...).

I am really not doing well with the quarantine, feeling really lonely and depressed, and we were thinking my husband could come to France.

He is not a permanent resident and does not have a visa for France - he is always coming as a tourist.

Has anyone done so in the past days/weeks since the lockdown has been declared?

After landing in Paris CDG, would he be able to go to Gare de l'Est and board a train to Strasbourg?

Would his travel be considered a "motif familial impérieux" or any other reason indicated on the official form issued by the French government?

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
30 minutes ago, loveinChicago said:

Hi all!

New to the forum but we've been waiting for a while (I-130 sent on 15 October 2018...).

I am really not doing well with the quarantine, feeling really lonely and depressed, and we were thinking my husband could come to France.

He is not a permanent resident and does not have a visa for France - he is always coming as a tourist.

Has anyone done so in the past days/weeks since the lockdown has been declared?

After landing in Paris CDG, would he be able to go to Gare de l'Est and board a train to Strasbourg?

Would his travel be considered a "motif familial impérieux" or any other reason indicated on the official form issued by the French government?

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Hi LoveinChicago,

Hard to know. My husband is in the US right now and we have not planned any trips because we figure it is not possible. France is not accepting anyone from countries out of Schengen frontiers. For motif familial impérieux, I don't see what sufficiant reason you could give.

Maybe you should call the Ministere des Affaires Etrangères to know more.

Let us know :)

(we are all in the same boat on this forum - most of us are cut into half: one spouse in the US and the other half in France - which I agree is really hard to cope with)

Take care,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 3/31/2020 at 9:08 AM, loveinChicago said:

Hi all!

October 2018 - makes it abnormally long, did you mean to say 2019?

Your husband is really brave (or should I say crazily brave) to even considering it, coming to France now...

My French husband came to visit me on ESTA before the corona mess, he is in USA with me now. Due to corona his return flight to France was cancelled. Meanwhile his CR1 visa is ready and Paris Embassy wants him to come and give his passport. But I don’t want my husband to go back to France until the lockdown is lifted. I am scared to risk his health and possibly his life for a piece of document.

Timeline

Hey Guys,

We got an RFE :(

The marriage certificate is not good. I don't understand because it is the official marriage certificate from the City Hall in France with proper translation (from a US professional translation company).

Can one of you please show me the kind of marriage certificate ?

Thank you very much,

Alix

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Forget about it - too much work to hide all the personal stuff 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello all. I am a new member here. My fiancé is a French citizen and we have been together for two years. Met online and have visited each other four times. I will be filing the I-129F this week, so we are at the very beginning of the K-1 process. I kept reading about how wonderful and helpful this website is all over Reddit, so I am here to give it a try. Nice to meet you all and best of luck with your journey. Stay safe and healthy!

mieux vaut tard que jamais 

Timeline

Hello,

Welcome. Eventhough this discussion is not super active right now 😉

Take care,

Alix

Timeline
On 4/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, Alix64 said:

Forget about it - too much work to hide all the personal stuff 😉

Hi !

Sorry you got an RFE!! :( I have sent my document to NVC last week, so I cannot really help...

I sent a "copie intégrale de l'acte de mariage", with all the little stars at the end of each line ***** and a blue colored stamp.

It is the form the mairie gave me after I requested a "copie de l'acte de mariage", not the one I received on the day we got married (which was slightly different).

Is that what you sent?

Good luck with getting another one in these times of covid!

Hopefully the mairie will still be able to provide you with another one if you need it... 🤞

Timeline
On 4/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, Alix64 said:

Hey Guys,

We got an RFE :(

The marriage certificate is not good. I don't understand because it is the official marriage certificate from the City Hall in France with proper translation (from a US professional translation company).

Thank you very much,

Alix

Sorry to hear that Alix!

I sent the marriage certificate plurilingue that I requested from the mairie. Hope you resolve that problem fast!

Timeline

@loveinChicago @K-Kwette and @JulienR

thank you for your messages :)

In fact, we realised last Friday that our lawyer had uploaded only the translation and not the original French version. Do I need to say that my husband and I were super mega upset. The lawyer didn't even apologized.

Anyway, so I uploaded right after receiving the RFE, the right document (the date of submission remained Jan31) and we got DQed on Monday 🤪🤪🤪

I realise how lucky we are in all this. So first submission was Jan31 and DQ on April6

Thank you all so much for your support and you @MrandMrsT :)

Timeline
19 hours ago, Alix64 said:

@loveinChicago @K-Kwette and @JulienR

thank you for your messages :)

In fact, we realised last Friday that our lawyer had uploaded only the translation and not the original French version. Do I need to say that my husband and I were super mega upset. The lawyer didn't even apologized.

Anyway, so I uploaded right after receiving the RFE, the right document (the date of submission remained Jan31) and we got DQed on Monday 🤪🤪🤪

I realise how lucky we are in all this. So first submission was Jan31 and DQ on April6

Thank you all so much for your support and you @MrandMrsT :)

You’re so welcome 😉 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.