Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

That sux to wait all over again.. I am worried about getting a checklist on the AOS also.. I did the EZ and all looked good but I didn't submit pay stub or employment letter because it said optional.. Hopefully they just say bring to interview..

Yeah all i can say is that I hope this stuff gets looked at soon. It's been way too long since I've seen my husband. Edited by Mina09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yay ! remember - paying stuff is fine without the GZO # - but wait till you have the GZO # to submit stuff. I THINK IT'S OK on the DS-261, I'm not certain, to submit it prior to conversion.

#######, so after sending the OPTIN email, I re-read the start of this thread, and now notice I sent the OPTIN email too early. What if anything should I do at this point? Just wait for the initial NVC email? It's only been at NVC in the system for a couple of days now.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I JUST GOT MY CASE NUMBER!!!! AH! I'm just so excited! The lady was soooo nice, gave me all the numbers, IIN, BIN, the whole shabam!!! Off to OPTIN now!

Oh and to update incase anyone is around my time frame and calling... I got my NOA2 from CSC on Dec 4, arrived at NVC on Dec 16. Case number generated today (I've been calling every day)

event.png

NOA1 - April 19, 2013

Case Transfer - November 25, 2013

NOA2 - December 4, 2013 (via CSC)

NVC rec'd - December 16, 2013

NVC case number - January 7, 2014

Email from NVC confirming EP - January 10, 2014

DS-261 avail and completed - January 15, 2014

AOS fee avail and paid - January 17, 2014

AOS fee shows "paid" - January 22, 2014

AOS/i-864 package sent - January 24, 2014

IV invoiced and paid - January 24, 2014

IV shows "paid" - January 29, 2014

DS-260 avail and completed - January 29, 2014

IV package sent - Janaury 31, 2014

Case COMPLETE!! - February 27, 2014 dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Medical Complete - March 24, 2014

Interview - April 2, 2014

APPROVED!! at April 2, 2014 interview, husband comes to Canada April 10th to cross over once my passport is returned. :wow:

April 13, 2014 - All moved in and even welcomed with a big surprise 'welcome to America party' by my husband and friends I've made here over the last year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I JUST GOT MY CASE NUMBER!!!! AH! I'm just so excited! The lady was soooo nice, gave me all the numbers, IIN, BIN, the whole shabam!!! Off to OPTIN now!

Oh and to update incase anyone is around my time frame and calling... I got my NOA2 from CSC on Dec 4, arrived at NVC on Dec 16. Case number generated today (I've been calling every day)

Thanks... I have the exact same dates... I called 3 hours back and case number was not generated... i ll try to call again...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

so after 44 days of being approved at USCIS the package finally arrived at NVC... ARRIVED! the guy said call at the end of next week to see if we got the number... ClockWatch2.gif

event.png
event.png
event.png
NOA1 February 20, 2013
NOA2 November 25, 2013
NVC received case on January 11, 2014
NVC assigned case # Jan 17, 2014
NVC accepted DS-261 on Jan 22, 2014
AOS paid on February 11, 2014
AOS payment accepted on Feb 14, 2014
AOS Package sent Feb 19, 2014
Package IV paid on Feb 26, 2014
NVC received AOS package Feb "package lost"
Package IV payment accepted March
Submitted DS-260 on March 6, 2014
NVC received Package IV ___
NVC entered Package IV in their system_____

Timeline

Thanks... I have the exact same dates... I called 3 hours back and case number was not generated... i ll try to call again...

Cool! Ya try again, the lady literally went to tell me the same "it can take 10-20 business days" and they said "wait, oh its here, I wasn't expecting that" lol

event.png

NOA1 - April 19, 2013

Case COMPLETE!! - February 27, 2014 dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

APPROVED!! at April 2, 2014 interview, husband comes to Canada April 10th to cross over once my passport is returned. :wow:

April 13, 2014 - All moved in and even welcomed with a big surprise 'welcome to America party' by my husband and friends I've made here over the last year.

Filed: Timeline

congratz!!!!

December 21, 2011 - Got Married in the Philippines

December 21, 2012 - Went back in the Philippines for first anniversary.

USCIS

June 11, 2013 - I-130 sent

June 17, 2013 - NOA1

November 21, 2013 - Case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center

December 5, 2013 - I-130 approved via email

December 9, 2013 - receive hard copy of NOA2

receive email that case was shipped to NVC

NVC

January 6, 2014 - NVC received the case ( no case number yet )

January 29, 2014 - Receive case number, invoice and beneficiary ID number

February 7, 2014 - DS261 available online and submitted

February 10, 2014 - received an email regarding AOS processing fee bill invoice

February 10, 2014 - was able to pay AOS online

Februay 12, 2014 - AOS showed PAID on line/ AOS package sent ( one day delivery)

February 13, 2014 - NVC received the package

February 18, 2014 - AOS was entered in the system

February 24, 2014 - received an email to pay IV fee, paid IV fee, IV fee in process

February 27, 2014 - DS-260 available online, completed and filed up. IV package sent (one day delivery)

February 28, 2014 - IV package received at the "dock"

March 4, 2014 - IV package was entered to the system

March 7, 2014 - Received a checklist for AOS (GGGGRRRRRR!!!!)

March 10, 2014 - Respond to the checklist ( sent package via UPS)

March 11, 2014 - Package received @ the dock

March 19, 2014 - IV package and DS260 approved (via phone call)

March 27, 2014 - Case Completed ( called NVC 2X just to make sure, now waiting to be forwarded to Manila Embassy Yehey!!!)

Embassy

March 26, 2014 - Early Medical (No problem however hubby needs to go back to St Luke's for the vaccinations once his renewed passport arrived )

MAY 6, 2014 - Interview @ 0615 (APPROVED!!!!)

May 9, 2014 - visa picked up from to go

May 9, 2014 - Booked flight for hubby

May 11, 2014 - Hubby's Flight from Philippines to USA (yahoo!!!! 2 more days!!! I will be with him forever!!!)

Timeline

Cool! Ya try again, the lady literally went to tell me the same "it can take 10-20 business days" and they said "wait, oh its here, I wasn't expecting that" lol

well... I guess u're the lucky one.... they don't have mine generated yet...

They are saying it's going to take 20 business days, which is by the end of next week....

the most pathetic system I have worked with.... :(

Timeline

well... I guess u're the lucky one.... they don't have mine generated yet...

They are saying it's going to take 20 business days, which is by the end of next week....

the most pathetic system I have worked with.... sad.png

Ugh so annoying! You get a glimmer of hope, and then wait again. Its a roller coaster. I'm sorry yours isn't in yet, but I bet you'll get it before next week. Maybe mine was the last of the day and yours will be the first of tomorrow!

event.png

NOA1 - April 19, 2013

Timeline

Ugh so annoying! You get a glimmer of hope, and then wait again. Its a roller coaster. I'm sorry yours isn't in yet, but I bet you'll get it before next week. Maybe mine was the last of the day and yours will be the first of tomorrow!

well.. hope so...

but the good part is I have someone with exact same dates to refer to....:)

i ll try tomorrow morning and see if the bell rings for me...

Timeline

well.. hope so...

but the good part is I have someone with exact same dates to refer to....smile.png

i ll try tomorrow morning and see if the bell rings for me...

Ya! thats pretty darn cool. I looked at your timeline thinking "oh he must just mean close to the same dates" NOPE exactly the same dates, approved and arrived! Good luck for tomorrow!!

congratz!!!!

Thank you!

event.png

NOA1 - April 19, 2013

They do, but they discourage it and it says it might take a while to get a physical one: there was a terrible blizzard in Halifax last week during the only time he could go, so he just opted to get it done online. It does have a PRINTABLE version. I think I'll ask him to get a physical copy to be safe, but I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row once I get assigned my NVC number... I want no delays on my end.

EDIT: The printable version looks official, so I think I'm alright. It even has a verification # on it.

The printable version should suffice.

Does anyone know how long it takes for NVC to respond to a checklist? I received a checklist on 12/26/13 and responded to it the next day. They received it on 1/2/14. And they gave me the standard 30 business day response. Anyone know of having them look at those any sooner??

Checklists take the same amount of time as the AOS and IV packages.

Hello,VJ

NVC recived my case 01/06/14

NOA2 recived 12/17/13

they told me to wait 15-20 days

when can i started calling, again......??????

Now that NVC has your case, call daily as it can be assigned any day now.

thanks lindsay,,

if i got the case# before i file my 2013 taxes should i wait ,till i file the taxes or just send what i got .?

thanks

It's up to you. If you want to delay your case that long, then go for it.

And it's *Saylin :P

Edited by Saylin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.