help2013

How long for the visa?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Usually they send passport with visa in a couple of days (with a courier).

However, there seem to be long delays in this specific embassy. Check for example the following threads:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/457333-why-us-kabul-embassy-has-sent-my-iv-case-to-us/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/465501-after-the-embassy-collected-the-passport-how-long-will-it-take-to-issue-the-visa

Here you can have a look at reviews of the embassy:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Afghanistan

A person there mentioned that they had to go pick up their passport from the embassy in 4 days.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

After submitting the passport for visa to the embassy in Kabul, how long does it take to receive the passport with visa?

Factor in the dreaded A P period that most of these cases experience. What should take days many times takes months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Factor in the dreaded A P period that most of these cases experience. What should take days many times takes months.

If the embassy requested the passport to issue the visa it means AP is complete. If you were to look at the OPs timeline you would see that the interview was in August.

To the OP you should get it any day now, did the embassy give you a tracking number for the currier?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

you can check your case status on the Dept. of States website, here https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

After it changes to Issued they will call you within a few day to go and pick up your passport with the visa.

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

When your status is changed to issued you can pick up your visa the following Sunday @ 1pm except for on Holidays.. They are no longer calling or emailing people to come pick up visa's. Just be aware that they are changing things often at the Embassy. Just be patient or flexible or you will lose your mind. wink.png I've been hearing it's taking about two weeks though on average. Just be sure to keep checking your status at CEAC, as soon as you see issued go on that following Sunday to pick up visa. Don't wait for them to contact you....because they probably wont.

Edited by DanielleB

it depends on each case, with my case I got my passport back with visa after one day.

Remember ....

The moment you truly realize that everything happens by the permission of Allah, all your worries begin to fade away..! In Sha Allah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance had his interview last sunday after a year and 1 month on AP.. 2 days later his status changed to issued. I would say 2-7 days. Wish you luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hello everyone

I need the help for anyone had experience for Embassy of Dakar senegal.

My wife was approved since 12/03/2013 until now she not yet receive his visa.I don't know what's going on ?

Anytime tey give her new schedule to pick up his visa.

If anyone has the same situation please need your help.

I paid two once the penalities to airplane tickets,that's why I'm little bit worry

Thanks .

Filed: Timeline

When your status is changed to issued you can pick up your visa the following Sunday @ 1pm except for on Holidays.. They are no longer calling or emailing people to come pick up visa's. Just be aware that they are changing things often at the Embassy. Just be patient or flexible or you will lose your mind. wink.png I've been hearing it's taking about two weeks though on average. Just be sure to keep checking your status at CEAC, as soon as you see issued go on that following Sunday to pick up visa. Don't wait for them to contact you....because they probably wont.

I have a question when you check case status at ceac website...if it say ready there is a creation date of case....i want to know if this is my priority date....or case complete on nvc.....

This will help to know average time will interview in embassy...thx

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.