kyle100

Is your love stronger wating for 6 month to a 1 year to be togather.

40 posts in this topic

I was thinking reading all the post and see all the red tape and time and effort to bring someone into this country. Do you feel your love for the person you want to be with gets stronger going through this and makes you stay togather longer then if you meet a person in the states and get married and not have to go through this process at all. Sometimes you really have to love them to stay the course with this process. Do couples with long distance between them at first make a better couple. Kyle

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I was thinking reading all the post and see all the red tape and time and effort to bring someone into this country. Do you feel your love for the person you want to be with gets stronger going through this and makes you stay togather longer then if you meet a person in the states and get married and not have to go through this process at all. Sometimes you really have to love them to stay the course with this process. Do couples with long distance between them at first make a better couple. Kyle

From my personal experience I would have to say yes. I say yes because communication is a big factor usually not practiced when in a relationship with someone that could be seen easily. Long distance gives two people the chance to skip the superficial aspects of a relationship and learn about each other. It is only distance and time that seperates us but we have much to look forward to when we are finally together! In my opinion, if they are worth it, time and distance do not matter as long as they have the same intentions and will work on creating a stable and good relationship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I certainly think so, For me it is not the US that is the attraction at all, I love the UK and would have all the same comforts and standard of life here.

The fact that you have to go through this process will test any genuine relationship and take time, effort and most of all trust of your partner. Yet I still have no doubts at all...

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

We sure spent a lot of time on the phone and Yahoo messenger and that really helped us get to know one another probably more than if you just start living with someone. I think our love is much stronger and our understanding of one another is much better because of that absentence. I sure wouldn't want to do that again though, I would have a really difficult time being away from Claudeth now, even for a day! ;)

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Both Veronica And I agree... it's a test... She made a comment a couple of weeks ago before our NOA2 She said..I want to know who thought up this program (K-1) She said I think they made it like this to weed out the people that aren't serious...

As others have said.. the time we have spent apart has built our relationship by all the talking..How can you not express yourselve ..likes...dislikes...loves..You talk about everything.. Now I think we talk alot..I call her twice a day....and we yahoo web cam on Sundays...plus 3-5 emails aday So what do we talk about...family...our days...We laugh alot.. God she is the only woman I've ever been around that mades me laugh so much..and it's just her verbal expressions..... We talk about making love of course....Sometimes..I give her in email a min by min..count of my day.. Just everything... When your in love..talking alot comes real easy..

So has it made our relationship better... YES and it has eliminated months of problems of learning about each other on a 24/7 basis... long distance...you have time for things to sink in... So by the time she get's here...All talk will be done...and we can get phyical..... hhahahahha....

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

hi

i agree with all that was said above...our relationship is very strong..we have not had one argument in our 4 year relationship some say that isnt normal...but we discuss instead of getting mad at each other and i think the internet has helped us in that way..i got to know my husband for a year before i came to visit him the first time...i walked into his apartment an it felt like i was coming home instead of visiting...love conquers alot of things if you are both willing to be there for each other throughout this process we all go through..

Futuremrs you said it perfectly thank you

kath

ps totally agree chris an veronica....my mother use to ask what do you talk about for hours ...i said anything an everything...work .. friends...family...and we still do even though were not on the net together....i know him like i know myself....

Edited by kath&rob

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

I agree with previous posters and would add:

This relationship (we have been married since May) Has really helped both of us in our spiritual walk.

Its so easy to take God for granted. I know I forget to pray and talk to Him all the time. In this relation ship, we are always asking for Gods will and for Him to be in control and help with some of these crazy things that happen in the process.

And this helps us as we wait, being so far apart. I'm not as lonely, don't get jealous and when I get anxious when she does something or wants something that goes "against the grain" for me, I put it in Gods hands and I am much more patient, logical, caring and forgiving.

Its GREAT!

While I am sure the long distance and all the paper work has drawm Lorna and I closer together, I have to give the Glory to my Father in heaven.

Without Him, I don't see how we could have done all of this....

God bless you all and Merry Christmas!!

Mike & Lorna

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Every couple needs a bondidng experience, and this process fits the bill for sure!

Actually, as much as I wish we were together right now, I am thankful for what the distance has provided us. Unlike most couples we fell in love from the inside out!

(L)

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Unlike most couples we fell in love from the inside out!

(L)

Put it perfectly there :thumbs:

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to say that the stress we were under during the K-1 process was either going to make us or break us..... thankfully, we survived it, but there were times when I didn't know if we could endure the constant LONG discussions, tension, stress and uncertainty.

Now that we've been married for over 2 years, and the immigration stress is over (almost.... naturalization is less than one year away!!!), we're both thankful that we hung in there!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

I think the distance can make things a bit more 'hyperactive' which isn't always a good thing. Many act on the 'OMG I hate being apart' impulse that they experience early on in the relationship and then wind up regretting it later. I've never understood how or why this process should be a race to the visa finish line. To me, the visa is just the first step on building a life together.

If my fiance lived in the same city as me, we would want to date (or be engaged) for a while before we actually got married - which is pretty much what we've done, even with the distance. I am confident that we are a stronger couple for it.

SA4userbar.jpg

My fiance and I have talked about this multiple times and we both say yes. In person there's other things to get distracted by, be it kissing or whatnot... or you go out and do things where you aren't always talking, like movies. Even when you do talk... well... in all of my previous relationships we talked when we were together a few times a week, and mostly talked about what we did that day with a little bit about our pasts included. Well, my fiance and I talk for an hour or more 7 days a week, and there's nothing else for us to do besides talk, or maybe play multiplayer internet games together. We run out of things to talk about eventually, which is when we get into really getting to know the other person, their likes and dislikes, their past, their hopes for the future, etc. I've never known someone as well as I know him... and I don't think we would've gotten to know each other this deeply in this amount of time had we been together in person.

Another thing it's taught us is how to handle fights. Fights are SO MUCH HARDER long distance than they are in person! In person we could see how hurt the other person was, and we could wrap the other person in a silent hug til we both calmed down. With the distance... fights can get dragged on for hours or even days, with lots of misunderstandings, hard feelings, and simply not being able to see/touch the other to console them. We've had to learn how to force ourselves to stop, calm down, and end the fight. Hopefully, once we're in person again, this fight management that we've learned will help us handle disagreements.

As hard as the distance has been, we know it's had a purpose... we know that, if we can make it though this, we can make it though anything... but we'll definately be glad when our time spent apart is over!

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

hi

i agree with all that was said above...our relationship is very strong..we have not had one argument in our 4 year relationship some say that isnt normal...but we discuss instead of getting mad at each other and i think the internet has helped us in that way..i got to know my husband for a year before i came to visit him the first time...i walked into his apartment an it felt like i was coming home instead of visiting...love conquers alot of things if you are both willing to be there for each other throughout this process we all go through..

Futuremrs you said it perfectly thank you

kath

ps totally agree chris an veronica....my mother use to ask what do you talk about for hours ...i said anything an everything...work .. friends...family...and we still do even though were not on the net together....i know him like i know myself....

No problem :D There was so much more that I could have said but it would have been a reaalllllyyy long post! lol

Unlike most couples we fell in love from the inside out!

(L)

Put it perfectly there :thumbs:

I agree, well said!

My fiance and I have talked about this multiple times and we both say yes. In person there's other things to get distracted by, be it kissing or whatnot... or you go out and do things where you aren't always talking, like movies. Even when you do talk... well... in all of my previous relationships we talked when we were together a few times a week, and mostly talked about what we did that day with a little bit about our pasts included. Well, my fiance and I talk for an hour or more 7 days a week, and there's nothing else for us to do besides talk, or maybe play multiplayer internet games together. We run out of things to talk about eventually, which is when we get into really getting to know the other person, their likes and dislikes, their past, their hopes for the future, etc. I've never known someone as well as I know him... and I don't think we would've gotten to know each other this deeply in this amount of time had we been together in person.

Another thing it's taught us is how to handle fights. Fights are SO MUCH HARDER long distance than they are in person! In person we could see how hurt the other person was, and we could wrap the other person in a silent hug til we both calmed down. With the distance... fights can get dragged on for hours or even days, with lots of misunderstandings, hard feelings, and simply not being able to see/touch the other to console them. We've had to learn how to force ourselves to stop, calm down, and end the fight. Hopefully, once we're in person again, this fight management that we've learned will help us handle disagreements.

As hard as the distance has been, we know it's had a purpose... we know that, if we can make it though this, we can make it though anything... but we'll definately be glad when our time spent apart is over!

Once again, well said! And I agree with previous posters in that this process does weed out the unserious and if a relationship can withstand the frustration of being apart, imagine how much sweeter those reunions and time together will be!

I love my VJ family! Hugs to all (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can honestly say for me and my love that the distance has definetely made our love much stronger. We are going through Cairo Embassy so we know we still have a reasonable amount of time left before we see each other. But we both know that we love each other unconditionally and it doesn't matter how may birthdays, holidays,and long weekends together that we have missed, because this time has been temporary, but when we are finally together all of these special times that we have missed we will make up for all this time and many, many more for the rest of of our lives. If this whole process takes us 1 year or longer its ok because that time will end. But i know that our love will not end, and at least i know when he is here with me and my girls i will have what i have always wanted a family that is worth waiting a lifetime for. Our time will come when we will look back and say WE DID MADE IT THROUGH ALL THIS TOGETHER!

AJ1 (L)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"