B_J

Top 40% Paid 106.2% of Income Taxes; Bottom 40% Paid -9.1%,

44 posts in this topic

The top 40 percent of households by before-tax income actually paid 106.2 percent of the nation’s net income taxes in 2010, according to a new study by the Congressional Budget Office.

At the same time, households in the bottom 40 percent took in an average of $18,950 in what the CBO called “government transfers” in 2010.

The households in the top 20 percent by income paid 92.9 percent of net income tax revenues taken in by the federal government in 2010, said CBO.

According to the CBO, households in the bottom quintile received an average of $22,700 in government transfers in 2010 (including $14,300 in payments from Medicare and Social Security and $8,500 in payments from other government programs); and households in the second quintile received an average of $15,200 in government transfers (including $10,300 in payments from Medicare and Social Security and $4,900 from other government programs).

Thus, households in the bottom 40 percent received a combined average of $18,950 in government transfers in 2010.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/cbotop-40-paid-1062-income-taxes-bottom-40-paid-91-got-average-18950

Filed: Timeline

That tax burden is going to change drastically as households in the lower 60% start ponying up premium dollars for their mandatory health insurance. Of course, it could be argued that the premium isn't a tax because it doesn't go to the IRS but if the government makes you part with it, it's a tax in my book.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

It's so unfair. I wake up every morning and curse my misfortune to be in the top 20% of earners. I sometimes wish I could find someone in the bottom 20% who would be willing to trade places with me, but who would want to trade their way out of a cushy life like that. Only in the movies.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

It's so unfair. I wake up every morning and curse my misfortune to be in the top 20% of earners. I sometimes wish I could find someone in the bottom 20% who would be willing to trade places with me, but who would want to trade their way out of a cushy life like that. Only in the movies.

I hear you. It's a heavy burden that us 20%ers have to bear. Life would be so much better on food stamps and medicaid.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

No point in donating to charity. Looks like I do it while working everyday.

Wait around a few more hours and Gary will be along to extol the virtues of the fair tax. We'll all feel better after that.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Does Gary even pay tax? I imagine he's a 'hide the money in a shoebox' kind of guy.

He was bragging a year or two ago about he can make $40k a year just living off govt. handouts. Not sure if he actually did that, or was just talk out his a$$.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

He was bragging a year or two ago about he can make $40k a year just living off govt. handouts. Not sure if he actually did that, or was just talk out his a$$.

Yeah, he's on the dole. One of the many proud libertarians that complain about the very government that feeds them.

The top 1% possess 40% of the nations wealth, not sure how much that means the top 40% own but you will have to excuse me if I fail to shed a tear for their tax burden.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The top 1% are not vjers

Speak for yourself

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.