Loveherforever49

We screwed up and got denied the visa

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thanks for the info

Yes, he does live with me and does make the 125% on his own but he has 2 dependents on his tax return. not sure if this effects anything.

Then he is a really bad choice for a Joint Sponsor. He would need to make $28k to qualify to be a Joint Sponsor for your wife. His household count would be 4 - him, his two dependents, and your wife.

Is he related to you?

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is she a Cambodian citizen? If so, it's HER country. She is used to the "conditions".

What a cold and heartless thing to say. My fiance lives in Pakistan - and it's the same there. And yes, she's plenty used to it, but it breaks my heart to see her living that way. When you love someone you want to get them out of places like that as soon as possible. They may not be concerned about the safety problems and they may not even be aware of all the health problems - but WE know! And it's terrible to see them having to live that way. Because you hate it that the one you love has to live in such a horrible way.

Edited by Jaybolo

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Then he is a really bad choice for a Joint Sponsor. He would need to make $28k to qualify to be a Joint Sponsor for your wife. His household count would be 4 - him, his two dependents, and your wife.

Is he related to you?

Yes, my father and he makes about 40k a year. Would he be qualified to be a joint sponsor?

What a cold and heartless thing to say. My fiance lives in Pakistan - and it's the same there. And yes, she's plenty used to it, but it breaks my heart to see her living that way. When you love someone you want to get them out of places like that as soon as possible. They may not be concerned about the safety problems and they may not even be aware of all the health problems - but WE know! And it's terrible to see them having to live that way. Because you hate it that the one you love has to live in such a horrible way.

Thanks for your input. Couldn't have said it better.good.gif

Thanks for your input. Couldn't have said it better.good.gif

Timeline

I've met a immigration worker here that says she can get me another interview within 3 months. She's asking for $1,000.00. Yah I don't buy it either. She claims we will pass too. I told her to do it and if all works out, I will pay you. Does anyone have any input on the situation?

I've met a immigration worker here that says she can get me another interview within 3 months. She's asking for $1,000.00. Yah I don't buy it either. She claims we will pass too. I told her to do it and if all works out, I will pay you. Does anyone have any input on the situation?

3 months from when? Filing the petition?

No one can *guarantee* you processing time at any stage.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I would just decline outright. You don't want her coming after you for money later and claiming credit if in fact it was just normal processing times at work.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Run.

You already have a denial. You do not need help from anyone who can guarantee you something they have no control over.

Go to a really good AND QUALIFIED lawyer.

Timeline

3 months from when? Filing the petition?

No one can *guarantee* you processing time at any stage.

Three months from now. and i know i am skeptical as about this as well. I am going to file the same petition again. It will save me thousands of dollars, so this is the route I must go.

I am sorry to hear about the denial of visa. Hope next time you will pass.

Thank you me too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will help as much as I can.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Three months from now. and i know i am skeptical as about this as well. I am going to file the same petition again. It will save me thousands of dollars, so this is the route I must go.

Thank you me too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will help as much as I can.

Thank you. My finacee will have her interview on Jan, 9. Should I go to Cambodia for her interview or no? I read forum from here and other people who did k1 said best that I should not go.

Thank you. My finacee will have her interview on Jan, 9. Should I go to Cambodia for her interview or no? I read forum from here and other people who did k1 said best that I should not go.

Good luck with the interview! I dont know about Cambodoa, but in my country, the ones that had their fiance's with them had easier interviews. plus it is nice to share the experience with your fiancee

Timeline

You have gotten me really confused.

How are you trying to meet the Affidavit of Support?

Initially, you said that it would only work if you make $10,000 and your Joint Sponsor made $10,000.

After telling you that a Joint Sponsor who makes $10,000 is not a good choice, you said the "my father and he make about $40k a year. Would he be qualified to be a Joint Sponsor?"

You are getting too many people into the mix.

How is the Joint Sponsor related to your father?

You are trying to combine too many people's income. Only a Household Member's income can be combined with another Sponsor. You cannot have unrelated people combine income.

Can you please clarify who you want to help with the Affidavit of Support, how much they make, what their relationship is to you and each other, their household size, and any previous immigrants they may have an I-864 obligation for.

There is no way for me to tell you if you have this problem solved when there are so many unanswered questions because you are trying to combine your income, your father's income, and a Joint Sponsor's income.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.