Loveherforever49

We screwed up and got denied the visa

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

We messed up and answered differently during the interview and was denied the visa. We talked about what we were going to say but I guess she got nervous and forgot most of it. They asked when did your fiancee propose? She answered the day I got off the plane.dry.png So I am very disappointed that we have to it all again. They said I can refile the same petition again. That is what I plan to do. Because I was told that if I were to go the Cr-1 Route I would have to get married again, take all new pictures and get all new documents. My question is can i just file the same petition over again? Is there a need for any new papers besides the police record and the martial status papers? Thanks everyone for reading. I am still here spending time with my fiancee while I still can. Next time i will let her go to the interview alone. I felt like if I just let her go alone she would be flying home with me in a week. I am very sad that he denied us the visa because of the living conditions she has to deal with over here. It's like going back in technolgy 100 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

We messed up and answered differently during the interview and was denied the visa. We talked about what we were going to say but I guess she got nervous and forgot most of it. They asked when did your fiancee propose? She answered the day I got off the plane.dry.png So I am very disappointed that we have to it all again. They said I can refile the same petition again. That is what I plan to do. Because I was told that if I were to go the Cr-1 Route I would have to get married again, take all new pictures and get all new documents. My question is can i just file the same petition over again? Is there a need for any new papers besides the police record and the martial status papers? Thanks everyone for reading. I am still here spending time with my fiancee while I still can. Next time i will let her go to the interview alone. I felt like if I just let her go alone she would be flying home with me in a week. I am very sad that he denied us the visa because of the living conditions she has to deal with over here. It's like going back in technolgy 100 years.

Is she a Cambodian citizen? If so, it's HER country. She is used to the "conditions".

Is the photo in your profile of you guys?? I think you aren't married yet, or she could have been denied for misrepresentation. What did the refusal sheet say EXACTLY? Cannot be married and file for a fiancé visa. Getting married, getting to know each other better, and pursuing a CR-1 may be a good option at this point, but you'll have a lot to overcome and the Phnom Penh embassy is a very difficult one to get through. A few answers not matching may not be all there was to it for the refusal. There may be more at play than you know.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

I knew this would cause confusion. Yes I got married but not legally just traditional ceremony. The CO seemed to know this but I'm not sure. I put pics of the ceremony in my petition, made sure there was nothing that said wedding. It looks like an engagement ceremony.

Timeline

I knew this would cause confusion. Yes I got married but not legally just traditional ceremony. The CO seemed to know this but I'm not sure. I put pics of the ceremony in my petition, made sure there was nothing that said wedding. It looks like an engagement ceremony.

Okay, well if it's consistent with cultural norms you should be fine. Best to be more prepared for the interview next time. Best of luck to both of you.

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Is she a Cambodian citizen? If so, it's HER country. She is used to the "conditions".

Is the photo in your profile of you guys?? I think you aren't married yet, or she could have been denied for misrepresentation. What did the refusal sheet say EXACTLY? Cannot be married and file for a fiancé visa. Getting married, getting to know each other better, and pursuing a CR-1 may be a good option at this point, but you'll have a lot to overcome and the Phnom Penh embassy is a very difficult one to get through. A few answers not matching may not be all there was to it for the refusal. There may be more at play than you know.

I asked him why we were denied he said because he is not sure if we are legit. And thanks for the advice but I just cannot go that route. And yes she may be used to the conditions but she would be in better health living with me in the states where I can get her the medical attentions she need. Over here is rough .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I asked him why we were denied he said because he is not sure if we are legit. And thanks for the advice but I just cannot go that route. And yes she may be used to the conditions but she would be in better health living with me in the states where I can get her the medical attentions she need. Over here is rough .

I would suggest getting married. If you go through the same route, you could be denied AGAIN. But of course you know your situation better than I do. Good luck

Timeline

Fair enough. Of course no visa is guaranteed but there are plenty of folks who have been successful pursuing the CR-1 or IR-1 visa route after initial K-1 refusal even if it's a matter of validity of the relationship. Think of it like a detour - with perseverance and patience you'll get where you are going.

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I am very sorry to hear about the denial of visa.

Since you have already married with her (even though not legally) you have a huge obligation to make sure she get to the U.S.

Please do not rush your next steps. Spend time and do more research. If you have to marry for real this time then go for it.

From reading in this forum there will be a lot of explanations from you and her in the next interview. I think you should be there again to prove that you care for her. Be prepared for tough questions.

I wish you luck.

Timeline:

04/05/04 : K1 NSC

08/03/04 : Case approved

10/26/04 : Visa approved

12/09/04 : Fiancee arrives in the US.

12/28/04 : Married in Chicago.

2/25/05 : file AOS and EAD to

3/25/05 : NOAs for both

4/2/05 : fingers print

4/23/05 : received EAD card

7/6/05: NOA for interview in October 2005.

Timeline

My advise, never let her face interview alone. Since she is your love, you have to do whatever need to be done.My fiance was denied visa in Sept 2011 but we went through all. I know getting married in Cambodia is a long and very complex process if you are US Citizen. You have to stay at least a month to get all the process done. But you have to do anything for your love. And never let her face Interview alone. I have witnessed many interviews at that Embassy on three different occasions. Saw many denials specially if faces interview alone. For simple confusion you can correct it right there and then if you are there. I witnessed many getting denied because they did not attended the interview and Embassy is too quick to deny if no one to answer them. If you stay positive, stay with her, all the way, there is no way she will get refused next time. Take time, get married, go slow, try to visit few countries with her like Thailand, Malaysia together, keep plane ticket and hotel receipts etc. I went through that all and saw the light at the end of the Tunnel. Good luck to you. I will be happy to answer any question you have. The harder the process make and you stay together, the more you love each other. There were times you may think of giving up but difficulty made our love for each other much more stronger.

Hmm, seems the real reason you were denied is because......YOU CANT BE married and file for a K-1. your picture gives it away, dude.

in a CO's eyes, Married is Married. leagl or not.

You say the consul finds your relationship not legit. Need more evidence to prove.... Anyway they know the Cambodian cultural norms having a temporary ceremony, I don't think that's the main reason of denial. Sorry to hear,.. hope you can sort things out for the next best thing to do.

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Sorry but if I was an immigration officer and I saw all this confusion ... I would red stamp it too.

Always helps to just tell the truth -- then you don't have to "rehearse a story together"

journey.jpg

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry, but I just don't understand when people say "we practiced/rehearsed what we were going to say".......IMO, if you are a legit couple and you know each other like a real couple would know each other and you're not covering anything or hiding anything...what is there to practice? Maybe it's me, but I just think it sounds weird.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.