Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info so I called & they acknowledged that the I 130 was overdue so they say they have expedited their cases, that we should hear something in the next 30 days, so at least that is an end in sight.

Awesome! Congratulations! That should mean you will be getting an answer SOON!

And I cannot help but wonder how they missed out our files if they go by cases. Were our cases just resting in someone's lockers?!

We called yesterday & today we got the email, plus I checked it online everything is approved??? As you say where was my file that in less than 24 hours of a call it is all completed..............Moments12 ours must have been under yours! Make that call if you are still waiting as i-130 should be all processed by now according to our phone call.

Any idea how long it will take to get our cards? It states it could be up to 60 days?

Edited by Somerset Boy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We called yesterday & today we got the email, plus I checked it online everything is approved??? As you say where was my file that in less than 24 hours of a call it is all completed..............Moments12 ours must have been under yours! Make that call if you are still waiting as i-130 should be all processed by now according to our phone call.

Any idea how long it will take to get our cards? It states it could be up to 60 days?

Ours was mailed less than four days after receiving the notification that we were approved.

Do they get anything stamped in our UK passports to say they are LPR?

Or do they just produce our Green Card at Re-Entry to the USA?

I can not remember ever getting anything in my passport when I became a LPR?

I also think when I went back to the UK for 2 weeks I re-entered on the US citizen line?

I just want to make sure I have the correct info for my parents if they travel back to UK.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ours was mailed less than four days after receiving the notification that we were approved.

Where did they get the picture for the card?

We filed I-485 Dec 13, 2013 and I-130 on Oct 10, 2013. We had an appointment June 2 but moved so now July and nothing for Portland Oregon our new area.

Your thoughts?

Congratulations

Edited by Tradewind

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Where did they get the picture for the card?

We filed Dec 13, 2013. We had an appointment June 2 but moved so now July and nothing for Portland Oregon our new area. Your thoughts?

Congratulations

I believe they will use one of the passport style photos we submitted with the AOS application. I will confirm when the card arrives next week.

It is hard to know what will happen with an individual scenario, but if you submitted more than sufficient information when you applied, my gut tells me you will eventually not have an interview. But that is just a gut feeling and again, we submitted more than enough information, pictures, proof of combined finances/living expenses (i.e. joint names on utility bill, joint car insurance coverage, many photos, etc).

I'm also a believer that big brother is always watching and that they probably know if your spouse is already working/establishing permanent ties to your area. Again, this is obviously one person's opinion and I have no facts to go off on any of this stuff - we just submitted overkill on our application and hoped for the best like everyone else.

Best of luck for you guys! Should be soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks for your great reply. We have an great age difference (35 years) that some people get a little upset and suspicious about. I am stealing her youth. We have been married 4 years July 22 and lived together 6 years mostly in Panama. We did have the appointment but moved to Oregon and had to cancel. They keep telling us just wait. We have almost forgotten we still might have an interview. We are just doing our thing and moving through life. She is working and we are going whitewater rafting for our anniversary. I am rowing.

Good luck in Texas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline

After what seems like forever, our card is finally being mailed!!! I am so excited! My husband is as well, he can finally work after almost a year of being home.

Hey there! My card took seven days since I received the notification by email but the whole delivery only took one day. They emailed me the card tracking information on Monday and the card was delivered on Tuesday. Hope that helps!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

All of you that have called recently and gotten approved, did you received the possible interview waiver or didn't hear anything since filling in December? I'm asking because I got that letter in March, and the six months will be done in September since we got the letter. I don't know if I should call and give it a try or just wait. I filled early December...

I got the interview waiver letter in March BUT call if you have applied for a i-130 as they should be processed in 5 months & we are now 7 months.

I called this week & the next day my parers where approved & I just had an email that the cards have been mailed all within 3 days of my call?

Where would I get a tracking number for the cards that have been mailed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.