Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

Call tomorrow if you have an I-130 in as they should only take 5 months so they will expedite your case, I got my notification the next day & the hard copies of the approval today 6 days later!

So was my parents they got both approved in less that 24 hours from my phone call.

Yesterday I had an email that their cards had been sent.

I would call it can do no harm especially if they expedite your I-130 it will then complete your I-485

The cards just arrived exactly a week after I called to ask about my parents I-130 & I-485

Anybody still waiting from December it is worth a call.

Good Luck to everyone.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

APPROVED! On July 18, 2014 @805am the immigration officer told me she approved my application! My lawyer had made an infopass appointment way back in June so we can find out the status of our application. After the waiting and explaining to the IO why we have been at a stand still since March, she looked over my file. Funny how she requested for my medical, marriage certificate and the RFE that was already given and in my file...make a long story short...the IO who did my original interview did not check off a "few things". From what I gather and off the record, my file was pretty much left to collect dust on the IO's desk. (My lawyer knew this officer, wished she was the one who did our initial interview). She was the nicest person and such a comforting face. My lawyer spoke on my behalf and told her about some very important life events that I had missed waiting on this approval. She looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, I don't have any reason why I shouldn't approve you today. Just give me a few minutes." She got up and left her desk...my lawyer and I looked at each other and we did the happy dance! We didn't care if the whole place saw! I cried shed some happy tears and when she came back, she smiled at us. I watched her stamp approved and sign it and afterwards said, "Congratulations! Welcome to the United States!" She was funny, she shook my hand and I swear, I just wanted to jump over the desk and window to give her a great big hug! This ordeal is over!

We left the Phoenix office grinning ear to ear. I guess its 30 days for the GC card to arrive in the mail...but hoping it will get here sooner than that! A few minutes after I got into my car and I turned my cell phone on...immediately I got the notices and email that my AOS was updated!

FINALLY! Patience was a huge factor in this process! I tell you all my fellow December filers...and future filers...patience is a virtue..it will happen! Good luck! Cheers!!

Hello comrades once again,

Is it necessary to renew your driver's license right after receipt of the green card? Or can I just wait for the current card to expire first?

And to those that have renewed the card, do we have to repeat the whole administrative process again ie. show proof of identity/residency etc?

Hello comrades once again,

Is it necessary to renew your driver's license right after receipt of the green card? Or can I just wait for the current card to expire first?

And to those that have renewed the card, do we have to repeat the whole administrative process again ie. show proof of identity/residency etc?

I suspect you are better off starting your own thread for this as most people, I imagine, look at the title of a thread and your question has no relevance to the title of this one.

I agree start a new thread is a good idea but I think the answer is you do not have to renew your license until it expires? If I am wrong somebody tell me?

My parents got there actual cards & they both took their motorcycle tests last week so they have to go to DMV to add the motorcycle pass to their license so will take their cards & see if they can renew their licenses as well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So I got approved today. Filed my application December 27, 2013 and got my interview this morning and got approved this afternoon at the Portland office. So hopefully, this will give those who are still waiting some ideas on how things are progressing. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just talked to Tier 2 today. We filed our I-485 in early Dec. 2013. We moved to Oregon and changed address around May 1.. Our interview was scheduled June 2 in California that we cancelled as our address change and interview time crossed in the mail. All this happened around May 1, 2014. I have talked USCIS 4 times and Tier 2 three times and have been told today even though requests have been made to San Bernaradino to send paperwork to Oregon it still has not been done as of today. Stuck in Calfornia system for some reason. This is our 3rd request through Tier 2. So Oregon can not schedule an appointment for us. We are getting really frustrated over this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.....stuck in the system. ugggggg Is there a Tier 3?

I filed early Nov, got EAD/AP in Jan, got waiver letter in Feb and yesterday got text and e mail saying it has been approved. Oddly I got one e mail saying it was in card production, then an hour later another saying it was in the decision phase.

Anyhow it has taken 9 months from filing to approval with no RFE's and no interview.

I got a text this morning and discovered our (Me and my two kids) status has jumped from Acceptance to Card production.

FIled end of Dec. got the waiver letter(s) in April, so its been 7 months to Approval and no interview.

This is great, but I'm moving house in 4 days.

And my kids are in the UK, not due to return until 20 August.

Will they need their GC's in hand to enter now that their AP has been superceded?

Hi all,

This morning we got an update that our card is in production :) woohoo!

Filed in mid-Jan, received waiver letter towards the end of april, so took about 6.5months total and around 3 months from waiver letter. My timeline has been updated.

Good luck to all waiting!

I got a text this morning and discovered our (Me and my two kids) status has jumped from Acceptance to Card production.

FIled end of Dec. got the waiver letter(s) in April, so its been 7 months to Approval and no interview.

This is great, but I'm moving house in 4 days.

And my kids are in the UK, not due to return until 20 August.

Will they need their GC's in hand to enter now that their AP has been superceded?

I am going to be in a similar boat to your kids, I believe my AoS has been approved but am off back to UK this weekend for a month during which time my card will likely arrive. So I will either just return on AP or get my wife to DHL or Fed Ex it to me in the UK.

I do not know the answer to your question though and was hoping someone would answer it who does. However I dont see it would be a big deal to return on AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline

Question how long does it take to get the Social Security number after the Work Authorization card comes. My husband received his card last Saturday, and when we went to apply for a Ssn they said the info wasn't at their level yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.