Jump to content

my wife to be son was 21 when we filed for visa how do we get him here now


5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine

her son was 21 when we filed for visa , he is not married. what would be the best way to get him here with us? she can't see living so far from him. and I understand her need to have him close. any thing shared would help, thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

You are an LPR that filed for a fiancé visa?

Good luck

August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2

February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete

May 4, 2009

May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011


April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony


September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine

You are an LPR that filed for a fiancé visa?

Good luck

Forgive me what is an LPR? we filed a k-1 visa approved she will be arriving next week want to know the best way to get her son here with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines

LPR means Lawful Permanent Resident.

Once your wife gets her green card, she can file i-130 for her son.

Her son will be under the F2B category (unmarried son/daughter 21 years old or above of an LPR). The waiting time for F2B Ukraine is 7 YEARS. He must remain unmarried during the entire process. Marriage will void the F2B petition.

Edited by apple21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina


as the other poster said, there is no quick way to get her son here. It can be 7 or more years and he must remain unmarried until she becomes a US Citizen. But as soon as she gets her GC have her file for him, so time goes by

if he were to decide to study in the meantime in the US he could try for a student visa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...