zeke2507

After 10 months and no NOA 2 *Lost Files*

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Been waiting since February 5, 2013 for our NOA 2. Received paperwork stating my documents are lost, and we and have to resubmit everything!!! Also have to get written verification from the NVC(30 business days per there rep) that they haven't received our paperwork. Doesn't make any seeing that we only have received our NOA 1. Why would the NVC have it!? Spoke with countless tier 1 & 2 reps.Each gives me info going in a different direction!!! Soooooooooooooo frustrated!!!!!!

Timeline

I called customer service and on service request 3 we recieved a letter informing us that our documents are in lost status. I pray yours comes soon!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh damn, at least if you send everything again now maybe you'll have a fast approval -seeing people get their NOA2 in a month or so-. Maybe they'll grant you some kind of expedite since they lost them...

Kind of wonder what we should do at this point. It seems like June filers were either approved or got an RFE at this point and we got absolutely nothing. Sent an e-request last week, and nothing...

Keep us updated!

Timeline

Yea...resending not a problem! The fact that we have to contact NVC for written verification really stinks. They take your money imediatelty...lose our paper work then make us contact NVC when their the ones who should be doing the foot work. An internal call to verify by the person handling be case would be much easier instead of us waiting God knows how long for them to respond to a stupid email!!! Who knows when we'll get an NOA 2. So discouraging...Our lives being further delayed by their continuous incompetence!!!

Sorry to be negative! I truly hope they respond to you very soon ;)

This is a job for the USCIS Ombudsman. Contact them.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Ohh, I totally feel you!!

USCIS lost our case as well!
We filled in February like you did….but we did get our NOA2 in July, but then the NVC never got our case.

After calling a million times we found out that our case was lost! They resend a duplicate to the NVC about a month ago, but yet, the NVC never received it again!

We did contact the Ombudsman and our Senator…
My USC fiancé spoke to the Ombudsman once and they said they would help us and call him back by the beginning of the next week (about 3 weeks ago)… Well they never called us back and ignored all of our messages we left, so they seem to be about as useless as the USCIS them selves…

Definitely try calling them, maybe you have more luck with them! ;)

I am so sorry this happened to you… :(( I totally know how you must feel...

-

Timeline

I don't understand why the new petitions that are being sent in are quickly getting approved. We had to wait 5 months + 2 extra weeks to be able to file for an e-request, which can take up to 30 days to receive a reply and we're still waiting... nearing 6 months now. I'm not sure whether he should give them a call or not, he thinks maybe CSC is being a bit slow now but they'll get to our case eventually. Not even sure who he'd have to talk to or if the people at USCIS would be able to help us at all. :(

We made sure to send everything they requested, tripled checked everything before mailing it out (didn't want an RFE to slow things down) and I got my hopes up around August when I started seeing approvals for June filers but nothing for us.

I wonder how often cases get lost or what happened to ours... I can't help but worry, especially after finding this thread.

@SMB22 I hope you'll be able to book your interview and medical soon. It's unfair you have to wait and wait when you did nothing wrong. I'm sure you just want to be reunited with your loved one.

Timeline

Yea...resending not a problem! The fact that we have to contact NVC for written verification really stinks. They take your money imediatelty...lose our paper work then make us contact NVC when their the ones who should be doing the foot work. An internal call to verify by the person handling be case would be much easier instead of us waiting God knows how long for them to respond to a stupid email!!! Who knows when we'll get an NOA 2. So discouraging...Our lives being further delayed by their continuous incompetence!!!

Sorry to be negative! I truly hope they respond to you very soon wink.png

Don't worry about the negative part, everything you said it's right and you also have the right to be mad.

Best of luck to you!

I also hope we'll hear something from them soon, although it's probably going to be once we surpass 6 months... I doubt they'll be working towards the end of this week as they might have a few days off cause of Thanksgiving.

Thank you for the suggestion how do I go about contacting them or him\her?

Here is the contact info for the USCIS Ombudsman. Good luck getting this resolved, I cannot even imagine how frustrating this must be.

07/19/2011 - Met while we were both working in Kuwait

03/18/2013 - I left Kuwait at the end of my contract and returned to the States

07/19/2013 - Got engaged!

09/24/2013 - Mailed in the I-129F packet to TSC

10/01/2013 - Received NOA-1

11/05/2013 - Received NOA-2

12/02/2013 - NVC receives the paperwork

12/03/2013 - Case number assigned

12/06/2013 - Case shipped to embassy

12/29/2013 - Case received by embassy

01/02/2014 - Interview scheduled for January 15th

01/07/2014 - Medical exam

01/11/2014 - Interview pushed back to January 22nd

01/22/2014 - Had the interview, was put into AP pending more documentation

01/26/2014 - Visa approved!

03/18/2014 - She entered USA

04/04/2014 - Married!

05/01/2014 - Filed AOS

05/09/2014 - AOS NOA

06/05/2014 - RFE for tax returns I didn't have when we filed

07/06/2014 - Biometrics appt in STL

08/13/2014 - The dreaded NPIW letter

04/25/2015 - E-mail notification of Green Card Approval!

Thank you for the suggestion how do I go about contacting them or him\her?

You can google "USCIS Ombudsman."

http://www.dhs.gov/ombudsman-case-assistance

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

My petition is also apparently lost. NOA1 received over a year ago. This was after first being told my petition was on "indefinite" hold. I am waiting on an inquiry to be completed from the USCIS Ombudsman as well. My sympathies and hope we get a resolution soon.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.