miriny

Visa denied

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This here is the issue ^^. and I can attest to this. Seen it so many times for Nigeria and other places and have talked to couples denied because what the CO is concluding is you are undecided.

Your lawyer should have known better.

The "I want them to meet my kids first thats why we did a K1" won't file shows undecisiveness. I want my family to know them all that no way. People need to stop using the K1 as a meet and greet the family. You have 90ndays immigration wants to see "we are getting married soonest they get here we love each other. We will go back blah blh to their country and get married.

You are divorced with kids. I assume you are at least 10 years older than your husband?

I ask because I have really done some research and older women younger men K1's are hard to come by. Think like a CO "why is a older woman playing the finacee' game when she is grown don't she know what she wants."

I urge you to look at what you submitted through a CO's eyes. Stop the can't they see we are in love. They don't know you dear.

And yes someone in a fake, fraud marriage will but and do anything to keep up the facade. Whole families have been hired to stand in and deceive a petitioner. So whats buying furniture. No big deal.

Think like a CO. Does your lawyer even know your embassy or they just a immigration lawyer.

My suggestion (since your K1 will be returned and expired) is to go to India and marry and file a I-130. Right now you could maybe be approved in a few months and have him home by summer.

Sorry this all happen but its just a delay.

What deb said is right on the money, I missed that part of your post. As Debbie said a k1 is not supposed to be used as I want him to meet my family and friends first visa, it it to be used solely for the purpose of him coming here and getting married. So many times we have seen people that are filing a k1 so they can get to know their fiancé better and then decide what the course of action will be. The way they look at is it that if for some reason he gets here and your family doesn't approve of him their won't be a wedding. Then what? Not a chance they are willing to take on a couple who has spent very little time in real life together. And trust me the real journey begins after they arrive. My husband has been here a little more than a year, and although he has adjusted very well, he loves it here and our marriage is strong and getting stronger, it was very difficult for him to find a job in his field. He literally sent out hundreds and hundreds do resumes, most of which no one even replied to. He took a job at Walmart loading trucks(he wanted to work and he was happy to be employed), it was a horrible job. He finally landed an internship in his field 10 months after he arrived because no one was willing to hire him with no US experience. Luckily he did very well, they really like him and just recently they gave him a permanent position, but it took over a year to get there. I digress, the embassy takes a lot of things into consideration before granting a visa, look at it from their standpoint. Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

wedding plans do not mean we were undecided.I am 7 1/2 years older than him .I never said we got the K1 to marry in the US not for him to meet the family.We did this because its very hard for me to go there and legally marry .He wanted to live in INdia.Since I have joint custody i cannot do this. I live in NY and most of my family is in TX.. they all have jobs and the time we can all get together is our family reunion.so my mom suggested this time would be best to get the family together to celebrate our marriage.He has spoken with the family and talks to the kids with video chat.To me this is no game.I would have just married him if finances and location wouldnt have been an issue.I thought this was the proper way to go about things since my brother did this to marry his polish wife...I dont know anyone who choses and buys furniture with a stranger.The point is we talk every day.and video chat several times a week . I cant see why that and the chat logs arent evidence.This is what they asked for this is what we gave.Our vacation receipts and pictures together werent evidence?than what is? I spent about 5,000 of my own money for this..I dont know anyone with a limited income would do that unless they really love a person..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

wedding plans do not mean we were undecided.I am 7 1/2 years older than him .I never said we got the K1 to marry in the US not for him to meet the family.We did this because its very hard for me to go there and legally marry .He wanted to live in INdia.Since I have joint custody i cannot do this. I live in NY and most of my family is in TX.. they all have jobs and the time we can all get together is our family reunion.so my mom suggested this time would be best to get the family together to celebrate our marriage.He has spoken with the family and talks to the kids with video chat.To me this is no game.I would have just married him if finances and location wouldnt have been an issue.I thought this was the proper way to go about things since my brother did this to marry his polish wife...I dont know anyone who choses and buys furniture with a stranger.The point is we talk every day.and video chat several times a week . I cant see why that and the chat logs arent evidence.This is what they asked for this is what we gave.Our vacation receipts and pictures together werent evidence?than what is? I spent about 5,000 of my own money for this..I dont know anyone with a limited income would do that unless they really love a person..

I didn't say you were undecided, i said we have seen others who have applied because they want to get to know their fiancé better, and this is something the CO takes into account. They make their decisions based on what others have done before you. Telling them that you want your family to meet him and get married at a family reunion sends up a red flag to them. They want to make sure you are going to get married as soon as possible after entry, and not that you want to marry him here just so your family and friends can meet him first, that is how they are interpreting it. Having him come here to get married is very much against cultural norms and they know it. They aren't going to take the chance, plain and simple. You really need to stop being so defensive, I don't know you or he, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything and I'm sure your intentions are right, but you have to prove that to the CO, not to us. Do a search here for others who have had similar circumstances with denials, you will see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Chat logs mean nothing do anyone can chat it up. Heck I know w=someone who chatted with someone over a year and it was fake. You don't have to explain to us.

Also did he tell the CO you have spent that much money (and many petitioners spend twice tat and more.)

I guess what I see when I am reading all this is you are doing all this setting up a home, buying this and that and you aren't married (from a CO perspective.). So they may think why the hesitation. Why not marry now. Not like she never been married.

I merely quoted what you said about getting the family together and the CO didn't like that. You have to realize you are divorce with kids he is sngle no kids so scrutiny is on you and why. It's that simple.

Stop tryig to defend and throw up every reason why you do this and that. We aren't the CO. We are all speaking from experiences we have seen lived and know. Your situation isn't isolated.

Now the question for you is what is your plan B your next step? First step I would do is fire your lawyer who should have known better.

I know many people got married in India and never stayed 2 months. Many things can be done in advance research it. It's up to you.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

but He CLEARLY did say we will do a legal court wedding once he arrives when they asked about wedding plans..We clearly said the family loves him..knows him..About "cultural norms" What is a k1 if not getting permission to marry someone from another country in your home country.Of course there are cultural differences.What chance are THEY taking? If someone God forbid does something fraudulent they can be deported as far as Im understanding.Im just defensive because the wound is fresh.We are prepared to do anything to be together.Its just so difficult when our lawyer said what we have is enough and it should go smooth.. We had so much hope and confidence and were crushed.

You say the CO made a big deal about your religions... I am guessing that since you called me "meshugah" you are jewish? And isn't Monsey a haredi community? What religion is your husband?

How did you meet? How long did you visit? You are divorced with 2 kids and 7 years older. How old is your fiance? Has he been married before? Does he want more kids? Do you have money? Does he have money? Where is he from?

You keep going on about buying furniture together. Someone who wants a GC would easily smile and nod about furniture if he doesn't have to pay for it. It's not a big deal.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Chat logs mean nothing do anyone can chat it up. Heck I know w=someone who chatted with someone over a year and it was fake. You don't have to explain to us.

Also did he tell the CO you have spent that much money (and many petitioners spend twice tat and more.)

I guess what I see when I am reading all this is you are doing all this setting up a home, buying this and that and you aren't married (from a CO perspective.). So they may think why the hesitation. Why not marry now. Not like she never been married.

I merely quoted what you said about getting the family together and the CO didn't like that. You have to realize you are divorce with kids he is sngle no kids so scrutiny is on you and why. It's that simple.

Stop tryig to defend and throw up every reason why you do this and that. We aren't the CO. We are all speaking from experiences we have seen lived and know. Your situation isn't isolated.

Now the question for you is what is your plan B your next step? First step I would do is fire your lawyer who should have known better.

I know many people got married in India and never stayed 2 months. Many things can be done in advance research it. It's up to you.

Timeline

the "special marriages act" requires a person to be a resident for at least 30 days.What was I waiting for? I couldnt be in the same country with him.If I lived in the same country I would have married him shortly after our engagement.Unfortunately I had to wait for this visa.It takes time and we were furnishing a new apartment.He showed the CO receipts.. but not from the lawyer and of course the CO knows we must pay fees to get there. I had even sent him money to help him with his part of the fees.He did show receipts for this.Plan B is that my congresswoman is making an inquiry.If that doesnt work..I guess we need to go to a place where we can marry legally and file for a spouse visa.I have a real issue making all this happen because of my children and finances..I have the support of my family though if necessary they will help.The main thing is I live alone in NY without any family here.I would have to get someone to take my kids for an extended period of time and again pay all this money and most likely lose my job which wont help things.I havent heard from my lawyer since his"sorry you got rejected" they supposedly have a 100% success rate.Im learning.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Who has told you staying in India for 2 months is the only way to get married? Incorrect. I got married in India and it took less than a week.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

You say the CO made a big deal about your religions... I am guessing that since you called me "meshugah" you are jewish? And isn't Monsey a haredi community? What religion is your husband?

How did you meet? How long did you visit? You are divorced with 2 kids and 7 years older. How old is your fiance? Has he been married before? Does he want more kids? Do you have money? Does he have money? Where is he from?

You keep going on about buying furniture together. Someone who wants a GC would easily smile and nod about furniture if he doesn't have to pay for it. It's not a big deal.

Im young enough to have kids still..manyu if i chose..lol He did mention to the CO about our plans to have a family.He has never been married but that is typical in his family to not marry until in the 30's.He would have rather live in India..so a GC wasnt important to him.We werent planning on staying in the US forever.We had talked about moving to India in 7-10 years after my children were out of school. Monsey is mostly Heredi..But not all.There are all sorts of people living here including Muslims.. Yes he is Muslim.. and if my family had no issue..mom is jewish my dad christian.. than why should anyone else.Im not rich,Hes not rich... our education background is similar. I come from a very culturally diverse family.Marrying someone from another country is the norm in my family.Times are changing. As the world gets more technologicly advanced so does the ability to meet people from other countries online.I met him online.. and we had spoken 9 months before my 1st trip to India. a few months later we got engaged.We have been together almost 2 yrs now.Does this answer most of this?

Timeline

Who has told you staying in India for 2 months is the only way to get married? Incorrect. I got married in India and it took less than a week.

religious or legally?

I will be on a plane in a week if it took that fast...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm going to be blunt with you on this. Getting married in India is NOT always easy but it is entirely possible.
If you are not up to the challenge of marrying in India you can also get married in a third country. Thailand is a good option as they permit Indians to enter without a visa and issue a 30 day visa on arrival.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Okay, so it's nice that your family is diverse, but the million dollar question is, is his family diverse?? The visa is for him, not you.

Why do you live in Monsey?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Same thing happened to me and my then fiancé, now husband was denied visa but not by USCIS or NVC they approved us but once it got to his embassy in Bangladesh it was denied there!!...COLD BLOODED...and I believe my income wasn't enough, but I had a co-sponsor we had a BOOK of evidence but still got denied. That was a hurting moment it took a lot out of us but we maintained and never broke up after 1 1/2 years from denial we got married on April of this year.

Timeline

Residency Requirement And Waiting Period

Individuals marrying in India must have proof that they have been in the country for at least 30 days prior to appearing before the local marriage registrar. There is a 30-day waiting period for couples marrying in India. Therefore, couples can expect to spend at least 60 days in India before exchanging vows.

Intent To Marry

India's Special Marriage Act (1954) requires the marriage registrar to post notice of a couple's impending marriage in the local newspaper as well as on the registrar office's notice board. During the 30-day waiting period, anyone can object to the marriage. If there is an objection, the marriage registrar will make a ruling on the objection, and the couple can go through an appeals process, if necessary. If there is no objection, the couple can marry after the notice has been posted for 30 days.

The Ceremony

Both religious and civil ceremonies are recognized in India. Additional Divisional Magistrates can perform civil ceremonies at the marriage registrar's office. Three witnesses must attend the civil ceremony, per the Special Marriage Act of 1954. Marriage certificates issued by most religious authorities are sufficient, and couples do not have to obtain an additional certificate from the marriage registrar. However, the Hindu Marriage Act, which applies to Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and Buddhists, requires couples married under these religions to obtain a marriage certificate through the marriage registrar, though their ceremony can be performed by a religious authority.

The Marriage Certificate

Couples must visit the local marriage registrar office, usually located in a court complex or municipal building, to obtain a marriage certificate. In many cases, each individual must secure a "no objection letter," which can be obtained through the U.S. Embassy and will state his or her "marital status and eligibility to marry." After a marriage is solemnized following the 30-day waiting period, couples will receive their marriage certificate as legal proof that they are married.

Legal Documentation

Couples who were married in a civil ceremony must provide a number of documents to the marriage registrar after exchanging vows. They must submit the "no objection letters" they obtained through the U.S. Embassy. In addition, they must provide a passport or birth certificate to verify their age. They also must prove that they have been in India for at least 30 days; a ration card can indicate length of stay. They also must submit two passport-sized photographs for each individual and a marriage photograph. Individuals who have been previously married must submit the divorce papers or death certificate of their former spouse.

thats who told me.. I got it from a website ...and one other said the same(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/08/getting-married-in-india_n_1263653.html)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.