tencuidados

we got a little ahead of ourselves

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

so my lady lived in a little town in russia. she got someone lined up to rent her apartment, packed her bags and flew to moscow to get her medical exam, then the interview two days later. But the doctor told her they found spots on her chest x-ray. scary evening here, but she saw another doctor the next day who said it's probably nothing. But. she now is going to have to get the TB test that involves a sputum collection and all that before uncle sam will let her visit. we hadn't really made a backup plan. she was going to stay around Moscow with her mom while the visa processed and then fly out with the plane ticket we already got. ha. our buffer was to schedule an extra day or two in case they took long to process. now her old apartment is already rented out so she will stay at her mom's house until she is cleared for passage.

so. cautionary tale to all the eager folks out there to not put yourself in a tough situation if you don't have a backup plan. not the end of the world in this case. but both of us were bummed for a bit, needless to say.

and also a solicitation for any wisdom from anyone who had to also do this. how long do these tests take, on average? what if it comes back positive, does she have to go through a treatment regiment there? any other general advice? Thanks in advance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She will be required to give sputum samples for 3 consecutive days.

The sputum culture will take 2 months to complete.

If results are positive, she will undergo a 6-month TB treatment.

If results are negative, she will be given the vaccines and she can go ahead with her embassy interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

It's been said time and time again - do not book anything until you have the visa in hand. Sorry about your situation. And it looks like it's another waiting period for you. Hoping it goes by quickly and it turns out to be nothing!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Sorry to hear about your situation, hope it's negative and you will have a smooth sail journey :)

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

She will be required to give sputum samples for 3 consecutive days.

The sputum culture will take 2 months to complete.

If results are positive, she will undergo a 6-month TB treatment.

If results are negative, she will be given the vaccines and she can go ahead with her embassy interview.

thanks for that. She already went through with her interview as scheduled and they said she's good to go, provisionally, pending the results. she was told it could take less than two months. I'll update when i know more for future reference here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.