mota bhai

Why White People Won't See "Black Movies"

206 posts in this topic

Asian men black women too.

Aaliyah and jet Li, Romeo must dies

Auburn's song baby

Rain and Naomi Harris, ninja assassin

This had kiss scenes that was taken out.

I forgot about that. Hancock, Will Smith and Charlize Theron were supposed to kiss, it's a deleted scene, but it was taken out as well.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I watched the Family that Preys this week..On BET no less

Are you ok?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I don't go see any movies(black, white, asian or kid movies) in a theater. I didn't get expensive furniture, big screen tv, install surround sound and buy a popcorn machine to go see a movie in a theater. I can pause it, go to the bathroom, take a smoke break, let the dog out, etc, etc. And there's no having to deal with rude, obnoxious patrons.

Now black movies that I can recall that I liked:

The Five Heartbeats--I watch this everytime I see it listed as on,

The Temptations--This too I can watch any time.

Drumline--Entertaining to me.

Set it off--Very good, an excellent movie.

King of New York--not sure if it's considered a black movie, but it was good. Fishburne and SNipes

Deep Cover--Loved it.

In too Deep--Omar Epps is an excellent actor.

Boyz in the Hood

Hoodlum

Think Like a Man

Roots

Malcolm X

What's Love got to do With it

Do the right thing

Waiting to Exhale

Life--this too I watch whenever it's on.

Friday

Hollywood Shuffle--Robert Townsend I like him

Their Eyes were watching God--Michael Ealy underrated actor I liked him in Sleeper Cell that was on Showtime

Love and Basketball--I can watch it just to hear Maxwell sing-This Woman's Work

Lean on Me

Remember the Titans--My son and I like to watch this together

New Jack CIty

Ray

Nutty Professor

How Stella Got her Groove Back

Red Tails-about the Tuskegee Airmen it is very good

Edited by kytwell

Malcolm X was awesome. The movie, not the man....

He evolved after his Mecca.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I forgot about that. Hancock, Will Smith and Charlize Theron were supposed to kiss, it's a deleted scene, but it was taken out as well.

I'd be ok with that if I was Will Smith because I still got to kiss Charlize. What's up?

I'd be ok with that if I was Will Smith because I still got to kiss Charlize. What's up?

You have got to know most folks have a problem with interracial love scenes. It's taboo for some actors, even if they won't talk about it. They kissed in the alternate version of the movie. But this version folks didn't like so it didn't make it to the big screen. You can see it if you get the Blu ray deluxe version of the DVD.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have got to know most folks have a problem with interracial love scenes. It's taboo for some actors, even if they won't talk about it. They kissed in the alternate version of the movie. But this version folks didn't like so it didn't make it to the big screen. You can see it if you get the Blu ray deluxe version of the DVD.

I personally don't give a sh!t about who kisses who. Know that when Charlize is involved, I want to be involved.

I personally don't give a sh!t about who kisses who. Know that when Charlize is involved, I want to be involved.

I agree, you see some folks get down and dirty with white/asian counterparts, when there's a black person involved, you might get a hug...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

This happens a lot at my house content.gifohmy.png

Burn!!!!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You might wanna quit concentrating on color and start thinkin bout bein human.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

You might wanna quit concentrating on color and start thinkin bout bein human.

What about this conversation says folks aren't human?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg