mota bhai

Why White People Won't See "Black Movies"

206 posts in this topic

So you dont wanna talk about color?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

So you dont wanna talk about color?

Sure, you said something about being human, what am I missing?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It just seems you always limit yourself based on color I dont get it?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

It just seems you always limit yourself based on color I dont get it?

You're not making a bit of sense. The OP was about black movies, what about that don't you understand?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You're not making a bit of sense. The OP was about black movies, what about that don't you understand?

Im not talking about the OP. Im tryin to get to the heart of the matter.

― Andrew Wilkow

Im not talking about the OP. Im tryin to get to the heart of the matter.

Okay, try to form a coherent thought first, then we'll take it from there.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes! My husband and I always comment on how much better he makes that show. The rapport he manages to have with the performers is always great.

the first season he always seemed very uncomfortable around the contestants but he is awesome on the show now..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Two major Christmas movies I see are coming up for release in the next few weeks: Tyler Perry something or other Christmas.. and "Black Nativity" ... I won't be seeing either of these. I've never gone to a movie with "Tyler Perry" in the title and that streak looks to continue. For Black Nativity again, I have no draw.. but then I would not see white nativity, Asian nativity, etc, etc Nativity. Adding or removing any gender/ethic/color to it does not change it.

I also won't be seeing Anchor man 2 or any of the animated Christmas movies. Maybe monuments men, nice to see BiIl Murry one more time.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Two major Christmas movies I see are coming up for release in the next few weeks: Tyler Perry something or other Christmas.. and "Black Nativity" ... I won't be seeing either of these. I've never gone to a movie with "Tyler Perry" in the title and that streak looks to continue. For Black Nativity again, I have no draw.. but then I would not see white nativity, Asian nativity, etc, etc Nativity. Adding or removing any gender/ethic/color to it does not change it.

I also won't be seeing Anchor man 2 or any of the animated Christmas movies. Maybe monuments men, nice to see BiIl Murry one more time.

What you got against Tyler Perry.

The Family that Prey's together was exactly how America should be.Blacks and Whites interacting without any mention or recognition of race what so ever. If I am not mistaken Race was not mentioned onetime in the movie, although it was about equally Black and White characters. It was not your usually liberal black love feast in which all the whites are evil and blacks hero's. It was just simply about people, some who were darker than others.

Certainly not the kind of America the liberals that keep Blacks on the virtual plantation or the black race baiters who make a living out of pulling the black collective outrage strings would want..

I agree with you on Anchor Man. Never have cared for Will ferrell

Edited by The conciliator

i can't stand tyler perry. someone would have to pay me to watch anything he had a hand in. but then his movies are all sorts of mediocre romantic comedy and no thank you.

for christmas in this house we watch gremlins, christmas vacation and christmas story. i'm with you on the nativity bit.

Certainly not the kind of America the liberals that keep Blacks on the virtual plantation or the black race baiters who make a living out of pulling the black collective outrage strings would want..

please do expand here..what do you know about "making a living out of pulling the black collective outage strings would want"?

laughing.gif

The Family that Prey's together was exactly how America should be.Blacks and Whites interacting without any mention or recognition of race what so ever. If I am not mistaken Race was not mentioned onetime in the movie, although it was about equally Black and White characters. It was not your usually liberal black love feast in which all the whites are evil and blacks hero's. It was just simply about people, some who were darker than others.

I agree with you on Anchor Man. Never have cared for Will ferrell

And pray tell, what type of America does the conservatives want for the black race? We hear about how the libs and the Dems treat us, what makes the other side any better?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And pray tell, what type of America does the conservatives want for the black race? We hear about how the libs and the Dems treat us, what makes the other side any better?

Ooooooooo good question. I can think of a couple of answers but we really only need one.

Ooooooooo good question. I can think of a couple of answers but we really only need one.

I just find it interesting that we hear about liberals, the KKK dems. Yet the GOP, which champions conservative views, has clearly and openly been racist towards blacks and hispanics, has told us repeatedly they don't want us even near them, and has less than %4 of minorities in their party. Sounds like a ringing endorsement.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I go to movies to be entertained or to learn about something interesting, actors playing characters of different a ethnicity all getting along be damned. I did go look up the story line for the family that preys:

Alice Pratt, a hard working Christian woman, raised her two daughters while managing a simple diner of her own. Her snobbish and arrogant daughter Andrea graduated in Economic Science and works in a construction corporation while her sister Pam stayed with Alice and worked in the diner. Andrea is married to construction worker Chris, who works in the same corporation as his wife but dreams of starting up his own business. However she is being unfaithful to him - with their boss William Cartwright. William is the son of Alice's best friend, the wealthy Charlotte Cartwright. While Alice travels with Charlotte on a road trip, the ambition and infidelity of William triggers a series of events that will affect relationships in both families

Seems like I could see that basic movie 8-10pm on Lifetime any random day of the week.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I go to movies to be entertained or to learn about something interesting, actors playing characters of different a ethnicity all getting along be damned. I did go look up the story line for the family that preys:

Alice Pratt, a hard working Christian woman, raised her two daughters while managing a simple diner of her own. Her snobbish and arrogant daughter Andrea graduated in Economic Science and works in a construction corporation while her sister Pam stayed with Alice and worked in the diner. Andrea is married to construction worker Chris, who works in the same corporation as his wife but dreams of starting up his own business. However she is being unfaithful to him - with their boss William Cartwright. William is the son of Alice's best friend, the wealthy Charlotte Cartwright. While Alice travels with Charlotte on a road trip, the ambition and infidelity of William triggers a series of events that will affect relationships in both families

Seems like I could see that basic movie 8-10pm on Lifetime any random day of the week.

Why don't you try watching it? It might surprise you. All of Tyler Perry's movies have a slight religious lean except for Alex Cross and Good Deeds,(which both sucked IMO) but this one was pretty good due to the stars doing their own thing.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg