Freddyb

I-129F fiancee to I-130 spouse petition

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello , Maybe this is a first of a kind , but any info will be greatly appreciated before i move forward with this process.

I filed 4 month back 129F VISA for my fiancee and we decided to get married in church 3 month later due to a religious tradition before we got the approval notice .

a week later after our marriage we got NOA2 approval letter and than NVC letter stating that our visa info has been forward to the designated consulate.

when contacted by the consulate ,My fiancee was upfront and honest that we have got married and they advised her to resubmit as married couple.

Now that we are married and no longer a fiancee , my wife is Pregnant and i'm in USA and she is overseas !!! what are the specific steps to do ? would form I-130 void the approved 129F ? would the Alien Number issued cause any conflict on the I-130 form ? Should i Email NVC and let them know ? is there any leniency towards processing time ?

any additional info will be nice to help restarting the process

Thank you

You've already voided the I-129f and her ability to get the K1 by getting married. If you're now legally married, you need to submit the I-130 for CR-1 visa. You've gotta start from scratch due to getting married.

Also, in terms of your specific questions.

No, no issue now submitting the I-130.

Don't need to contact the NVC, but you'll probably want to officially tell the consulate that you're no longer able to continue with her K1 visa process.

No leniency on processing time. You're back to the start.

This is the guide you now need to follow: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Hello , Maybe this is a first of a kind , but any info will be greatly appreciated before i move forward with this process.

I filed 4 month back 129F VISA for my fiancee and we decided to get married in church 3 month later due to a religious tradition before we got the approval notice .

a week later after our marriage we got NOA2 approval letter and than NVC letter stating that our visa info has been forward to the designated consulate.

when contacted by the consulate ,My fiancee was upfront and honest that we have got married and they advised her to resubmit as married couple.

Now that we are married and no longer a fiancee , my wife is Pregnant and i'm in USA and she is overseas !!! what are the specific steps to do ? would form I-130 void the approved 129F ? would the Alien Number issued cause any conflict on the I-130 form ? Should i Email NVC and let them know ? is there any leniency towards processing time ?

any additional info will be nice to help restarting the process

Thank you

Hate to say it but you blew it when you got married in the middle of the process. You will have to file all over again for a spousal visa. CR-1.

Timeline

You've already voided the I-129f and her ability to get the K1 by getting married. If you're now legally married, you need to submit the I-130 for CR-1 visa. You've gotta start from scratch due to getting married.

Also, in terms of your specific questions.

No, no issue now submitting the I-130.

Don't need to contact the NVC, but you'll probably want to officially tell the consulate that you're no longer able to continue with her K1 visa process.

No leniency on processing time. You're back to the start.

This is the guide you now need to follow: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Thank you , I did follow the link and if you could please explain to me in plain English , does CR-1 visa allows my wife to enter USA and continue her adjustment of status while she is in USA ? ...Versus K3 visa that might take a longer process !

do you agree for us to pursuit a CR-1 visa since she is pregnant hoping she make it to USA faster than doing the K3 Visa ?

thank you

Timeline

Hate to say it but you blew it when you got married in the middle of the process. You will have to file all over again for a spousal visa. CR-1.

Thank you for the immediate reply ...When can she apply for CR-1 Visa ? and what is the wait time before she applies ?

thank you

Thank you , I did follow the link and if you could please explain to me in plain English , does CR-1 visa allows my wife to enter USA and continue her adjustment of status while she is in USA ? ...Versus K3 visa that might take a longer process !

do you agree for us to pursuit a CR-1 visa since she is pregnant hoping she make it to USA faster than doing the K3 Visa ?

thank you

No, the CR-1 does not allow her to AoS, as she will not need to. When she enters on a CR-1, she immediately gets a green card.

The CR-1 visa and the K3 visas are different visas. The K3 would allow her to enter to then AoS, but can only be submitted *after* you've submitted the I-130 for CR-1 (as it needs the receipt from the I-130). There's a guide here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k3guide

Many on the forum believe the K3 to be defunct, however, so inevitably you'll be getting her a CR-1.

You'll be looking at about a year's wait, on average - some people are faster, some slower. Her pregnancy has no effect on how long it'll take.

Thank you for the immediate reply ...When can she apply for CR-1 Visa ? and what is the wait time before she applies ?

thank you

YOU need to submit the I-130 (and get it approved) before she can apply for the CR-1.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your wife can't get a K1 visa. You are starting all over and it will be about a year before your wife has an interview. There is no short cut for being pregnant or changing visas because you don't qualify for the prior one.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to IR-1/CR-1 Process- OP now needs to file the I-130 and get a CR-1 since marrying ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Start from the scratch.im from k1 before and decided to get married.but my application still in uscis and then my husband wrote a cancellation letter of my k1 application. When my husband received the cancellation notice we start gathered cr1 requirements. And now waiting for NOA2.

USCIS STAGE:

August 17, 2013 - I-130 sent

August 22, 2013 - noa1

November 22, 2013 - tranferred to TSC

December 16, 2013 - approved

December 19, 2013 - noa2 hardcopy

January 09, 2014 - shipped to NVC

NVC STAGE:

January 17, 2014 - case received

February 24, 2014 - case number received

February 25, 2014 - IIN and BIN received

March 01, 2014 - ds 261 completed

March 05, 2014 - aos invoice and paid (in process)

March 07, 2014 - aos shows paid

March 22, 2014 - iv bill paid (in process)

March 25, 2014 - iv bill shows paid

March 25, 2014 - ds260 completed

March 26,2014 - iv package send to nvc

March 31, 2014 - iv package arrived at NVC 12:05pm (Gary S. Peters - signatory)

April 01, 2014 - aos send (certified mail)

April 03, 2014 - iv docs logged into the system (according to olivia)

April 05, 2014 - aos arrived at nvc but business closed. waiting them (usps) to redeliver it on Monday.

April 07, 2014 - aos finally arrived at NVC 11:50am

April 09, 2014 - aos logged into the the system (according to olivia)

April 24, 2014 - aos checklist (thru phone call)

April 25, 2014 - aos checklist email received

April 29, 2014 - checklist responce

May 02, 2014 - arrived at nvc signed by B. Standish

May 05, 2014 - checklist responce log into the system

May 28, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE .. Thank God

June 04, 2014 - received email (case complete)

June 09-10, 2014 - done advance medical

June 11, 2014 - interview schedule (email received)

July 02, 2014 - interview (APPROVED) Thank you Lord;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.