odain&Jodene

Port of entry

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys

Ill be entering the US soon just would like some info on what to expect at the port of entry. I will be entering the US at J F Kennedy NY my fiance is unable to pick me up so my aunt will do u think that will be a problem?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

No there shouldn't be after you clear immgiration and collect your bags and walk pass the TSA people, you should be good, any one can collect you.

Kevin & Amanda =)

-Full Timeline On Profile-

Timeline

No. Why would it matter who picks you up?

cause i heard some 1 say that he must b d 1 to pick me up and they are gonna ask me for his number to call i guess to make sure im going to him n nt some1 else

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

cause i heard some 1 say that he must b d 1 to pick me up and they are gonna ask me for his number to call i guess to make sure im going to him n nt some1 else

Not true... Don't believe everything "someone says"... Once you clear customs and immigration they don't care where you go or how you get there, you exit the international terminal with all the other thousands travelers...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Not true... Don't believe everything "someone says"... Once you clear customs and immigration they don't care where you go or how you get there, you exit the international terminal with all the other thousands travelers...

ok thnx

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys

Ill be entering the US soon just would like some info on what to expect at the port of entry. I will be entering the US at J F Kennedy NY my fiance is unable to pick me up so my aunt will do u think that will be a problem?

Anyone can pick u up from the airport.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hahaha that`s not a problem @ all dude !!

Hey guys

Timeline

My fiancé entered through JFK 2 weeks ago it took him about 30mins to get through customs and get his luggage which is excellent time. They won't care who is coming to pick you up but make sure you have a number for the person who is coming to get you. JFK is a very large airport not like sangster or Norman Manley. What I did was I told my fiancé after he gets his luggage do not go outside (it's very cold now in New York) and find a landmark in the terminal where we can meet (like an au Bon pain or dunkin donuts). Once he is at his location borrow someone's phone and call me and tell me where he is located.

I know this is longer than you asked but trust me I am jamaican and I live in New York and deh ah airport all the time and JFK no easy at all. You can get lost easily there so make sure u have the number of the person coming to get you. Good luck! Welcome to New York and dress warm cuz it cold bad!

Timeline

My fiancé entered through JFK 2 weeks ago it took him about 30mins to get through customs and get his luggage which is excellent time. They won't care who is coming to pick you up but make sure you have a number for the person who is coming to get you. JFK is a very large airport not like sangster or Norman Manley. What I did was I told my fiancé after he gets his luggage do not go outside (it's very cold now in New York) and find a landmark in the terminal where we can meet (like an au Bon pain or dunkin donuts). Once he is at his location borrow someone's phone and call me and tell me where he is located.

I know this is longer than you asked but trust me I am jamaican and I live in New York and deh ah airport all the time and JFK no easy at all. You can get lost easily there so make sure u have the number of the person coming to get you. Good luck! Welcome to New York and dress warm cuz it cold bad!

lol thanks for the advice thats a good idea idea9dv.gif

Timeline

So happy for you! I can't wait til my fiance gets here; it's nowhere near as cold as New York but I know he is gonna freeze! :)

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Be glad you are not entering Atlanta, my wife was a long time getting through there, and I was with her.

I am sure JFK will probably be better, we were so long in Atlanta, our luggage was the only ones left on the carousel, when we got there!

But, we made it after 10 months and 4 days!

Timeline

Hey guys

Hi,

Keep in mind the time of day you will be traveling. Few land marks as you exit the customs doorway. There is a brief walk way, then you will see the welcome / information center in front (they have a few seats) and a walkway that splits left and right of the welcome center. If you take the walkway to your left the right for those you are facing at the end of the walkway you will see along the window seats. If you choose the walkway to your right at the end to your left you will see in the far left corner signs for taxi and airport shuttle just beside the airport exit signs. You can ask for assistance at the welcome / information center, ask them if you can wait there for the person receiving you as this is your first time traveling. They usual only want people waiting if you are being received by a hotel or other means of transport. Last time I told them I was looking for information how to get to New Jersey and they left me alone. My reason for doing is I came in on red eye from KIN and the shuttle area did not open until 5:15 I believe it was.

You will be arriving at Terminal 4 immigration/customs arrival for flights from Jamaica, other countries as well.

http://www.jfkto.com/all-terminals/terminal-4/

http://www.ifly.com/john-f-kennedy-international-airport/JFK-Terminal-4

Welcome as they will say Welcome to Jamaica.. Jamaica, Queens that is :-)

Take care

Edited by Bishop

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.