Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2013

879 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just called NVC and my case is now completed! I am so happy, so just waiting for interview date now.

Congratulations. Now come on over to the case complete interview thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/463284-december-2013-interviews/page-4#entry6667859

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

he said to bring passport and one picture and vaccination card.

Case completion doesn't matter to panel physicians. I'm guessing Sweden is another place that allows advance medicals. If a country allows advance medicals, they want to see the first package from NVC that shows name and case number. If they don't allow advance medicals, then they want to see the interview letter. There's no in between for case completes, as far as I've seen, since there's no consistent, solid proof of case complete (as not everyone gets the case complete email).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Getting confused about my Police certificates and Photographs why the lawyer did not asked me to send it to them for my IV package but, I keep on reading it on here that its one of the requirements to be submitted for IV package documents. They already submitted my DS-260 last November 21,2013 but never mentioned about other documents I need to provide. huh2.gif

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Timeline

Just called NVC and my case is now completed! I am so happy, so just waiting for interview date now.

Congratsgood.gif Happy for you guys.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.

Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.

NVC

Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Getting confused about my Police certificates and Photographs why the lawyer did not asked me to send it to them for my IV package but, I keep on reading it on here that its one of the requirements to be submitted for IV package documents. They already submitted my DS-260 last November 21,2013 but never mentioned about other documents I need to provide. huh2.gif

You need to make a phone call to your lawyer than.

So you haven't got your police report yet? Nothing to Lawyer? I bet they are expecting some letter from NVC asking for all these things. This is why many say lawyers waste time because they usually don't react until they get the word. A shame you need to call and inquire.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

You need to make a phone call to your lawyer than.

So you haven't got your police report yet? Nothing to Lawyer? I bet they are expecting some letter from NVC asking for all these things. This is why many say lawyers waste time because they usually don't react until they get the word. A shame you need to call and inquire.

You are really correct that having a lawyer is a waste of time. They don't reply back ASAP if you want to inquire something and I understand Im not their only client. (:

I already had my Police clearance since last Month from PH and one here in the Bahamas. I don't worry about my Police clearance from PH because that is valid until one year but here in the Bahamas, its only valid for 6 months and I had that end of September. So four months to go for its validity.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1

NVC

on AOS & IV.

AOS.

he said to bring passport and one picture and vaccination card.

You also need to bring some proof of your case number (for advance medicals, it's the first package received from NVC, for everyone else, it's the interview letter), otherwise they won't have proof of your case number. If you don't have your interview letter by the time of your medical, I highly suggest you print out the first package NVC sent you that has your name and case number and bring that to the medical, otherwise it can cause delays.

Remember, there's two different things that need to be submitted on the IV track: the DS-260 (done online) and the IV package. You said the DS-260 has been submitted, but it doesn't sound like the lawyer has sent the IV package as they haven't requested your documents. There's more than just the PCC and photos though, keep in mind. There's also the birth and marriage certificates, as well as a copy of the bio-data page of the passport. There may also be other requirements depending on your situation and country.

As dwheels suggested, call up your lawyer pronto and ask. You can't take it easy with lawyers as most of them take their sweet @$$ time with immigration paperwork. You need to hound them and contact them constantly to make sure they send things. Ask for proof. I would never trust a lawyer to send things out just based on them telling you. I've seen countless times on this thread where people have said their lawyers have sent out packages, yet find out weeks (and sometimes even months) later that the lawyer lied and sent no such thing out.

You are really correct that having a lawyer is a waste of time. They don't reply back ASAP if you want to inquire something and I understand Im not their only client. (:

I already had my Police clearance since last Month from PH and one here in the Bahamas. I don't worry about my Police clearance from PH because that is valid until one year but here in the Bahamas, its only valid for 6 months and I had that end of September. So four months to go for its validity.

Unless you're going to be overcoming a waiver or have some other hard case, you may want to consider letting your lawyer go. This process is easy enough to do on your own (although you won't really be on your own as you have this amazing site to help you), and you won't be hindered by a slow lawyer. Not to mention, it's free on your own ;)

Timeline

You also need to bring some proof of your case number (for advance medicals, it's the first package received from NVC, for everyone else, it's the interview letter), otherwise they won't have proof of your case number. If you don't have your interview letter by the time of your medical, I highly suggest you print out the first package NVC sent you that has your name and case number and bring that to the medical, otherwise it can cause delays.

Remember, there's two different things that need to be submitted on the IV track: the DS-260 (done online) and the IV package. You said the DS-260 has been submitted, but it doesn't sound like the lawyer has sent the IV package as they haven't requested your documents. There's more than just the PCC and photos though, keep in mind. There's also the birth and marriage certificates, as well as a copy of the bio-data page of the passport. There may also be other requirements depending on your situation and country.

As dwheels suggested, call up your lawyer pronto and ask. You can't take it easy with lawyers as most of them take their sweet @$$ time with immigration paperwork. You need to hound them and contact them constantly to make sure they send things. Ask for proof. I would never trust a lawyer to send things out just based on them telling you. I've seen countless times on this thread where people have said their lawyers have sent out packages, yet find out weeks (and sometimes even months) later that the lawyer lied and sent no such thing out.

Unless you're going to be overcoming a waiver or have some other hard case, you may want to consider letting your lawyer go. This process is easy enough to do on your own (although you won't really be on your own as you have this amazing site to help you), and you won't be hindered by a slow lawyer. Not to mention, it's free on your own wink.png

We cant let go no more the lawyer because my husband paid them already when our NVC case number was given and take note, I was the one calling NVC almost everyday making follow up if they received our case and until such time, I got the case number and Invoice ID number on Nov.5, 2013. Next day, Nov.6 we received email from NVC giving us both AOS and IV fee bills. Nov.8 - AOS & IV fee payment showing IN PROCESS.

Nov. 12 - both AOS & IV status showing PAID.

Nov. 21 - DS-260 was submitted online and I was waiting to hear from them when Im going to send my PCC both here in The Bahamas and PH together with 2X2 pictures. They already have the other documents like Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate, photocopy of the biodata my passport. I sent them an email this afternoon asking whats going on???? and they replied :

Thank you for your email. The original Police certificates and the passport-style photographs must be sent to the NVC with Packet III (which contains all forms, financial supporting documentation, and original birth/marriage/divorce/death certificates).

If you have received the Police certificates from the Philippines and the Bahamas, kindly send them to our office address listed below. Also include the passport-style photographs.

Saylin what is Packet III? They have not even informed us if they already send the AOS package to NVC. Time is running fast and they have not submitted anything yet to NVCranting33va.gif. What are the step by step process of sending PACKETS to nvc? All I thought its just the AOS and IV package we have to send to NVC. Now they talking about Packet III. Please help clarify this matters.

Thank you all for your replies.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1

NVC

on AOS & IV.

AOS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have a couple questions for you guys.

1. How long does it takes NVC to assign a case number after the case is received?

2. Is it possible for me the petitioner to fill out the DS-260?

Thanks

Timeline

I have a couple questions for you guys.

1. How long does it takes NVC to assign a case number after the case is received?

2. Is it possible for me the petitioner to fill out the DS-260?

Thanks

Same question i have.

How long does it take for NVC to Received my case from CSC.

Yes you can fill out the DS-260 for your petitioner.

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

When you go the above site there is a option that (I AM THE - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT,ATTORNEY,PETITIONER,THIRD-PARTY AGENT) There is 4 option. Use the petitioner options and submit your form

USCIS

3/5/13 - Sent I-130 (Phenix Lockbox) UPS Overnight

3/11/13 - Cleared the check

3/19/13 - NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 3/6/13 (MSC)

6/10/13 - Case was Touched

6/19/13 - call from senator office

7/8/13 - Case show up online as Initial Review for the first time

10/24/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to other USCIS office)

10/25/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to local USCIS office)

10/28/13 - Hard Copy transferred mail (CSC)

10/30/13 - Case update email (transferred and is now being processed)

11/4/13 - Case was Touched

11/22/13 - Received NOA2 via text/email (CSC) Moving on to NVC

11/29/13 - Received NOA2 Hard copy mail

NVC

12/2/13 - NVC Received file (at dock)

12/6/13 - NVC Received file (in building)

12/19/13 - Enter into Computer

12/20/13 - NVC Case & Invoice # assigned (Call NVC)

12/31/13 - DS-261 Available & Submitted (AOS, IV fee not available)

01/02/14 - AOS Bill Available & Paid

​01/06/14 - AOS Shows as 'PAID'

01/06/14 - Sent I-864 Package (Delivered on 1/7/14)

01/09/14 - NVC Scanned The I-864

01/13/14 - IV Bill Available & Paid

01/15/14 - IV Shows as 'PAID'

01/15/14 - DS-260 Available & Submitted

01/15/14 - Sent IV Package (Delivered on 1/16/14)

01/17/14 - NVC Scanned The IV Package

01/29/14 - Call NVC find out got Checklist ( they wanted job letter) I-864 is OK

01/30/14 - Received Checklist via email (said reviewed Ds-260 and instructed me to send in civil documents).

( Same email instructed me to submit job letter)

01/30/14 - Send Checklist(job letter)-( Delivered on 1/31/14)

02/03/14 - NVC scanned the checklist

02/07/14 - civil document review and accepted

02/24/14 - Case Complete

-------------------------------------------------------------------

02/28/14 - Received P4 Eamil

04/28/14 - Interview(Mumbai)

05/13/14 - POE - San francisco

Timeline

Thanks for the information bro. I found out today that my case was received yesterday at NVC, and hope they assign case number next week. Good Luck

Same question i have.

How long does it take for NVC to Received my case from CSC.

Yes you can fill out the DS-260 for your petitioner.

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

When you go the above site there is a option that (I AM THE - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT,ATTORNEY,PETITIONER,THIRD-PARTY AGENT) There is 4 option. Use the petitioner options and submit your form

We cant let go no more the lawyer because my husband paid them already when our NVC case number was given and take note, I was the one calling NVC almost everyday making follow up if they received our case and until such time, I got the case number and Invoice ID number on Nov.5, 2013. Next day, Nov.6 we received email from NVC giving us both AOS and IV fee bills. Nov.8 - AOS & IV fee payment showing IN PROCESS.

Nov. 12 - both AOS & IV status showing PAID.

Nov. 21 - DS-260 was submitted online and I was waiting to hear from them when Im going to send my PCC both here in The Bahamas and PH together with 2X2 pictures. They already have the other documents like Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate, photocopy of the biodata my passport. I sent them an email this afternoon asking whats going on???? and they replied :

Thank you for your email. The original Police certificates and the passport-style photographs must be sent to the NVC with Packet III (which contains all forms, financial supporting documentation, and original birth/marriage/divorce/death certificates).

If you have received the Police certificates from the Philippines and the Bahamas, kindly send them to our office address listed below. Also include the passport-style photographs.

Saylin what is Packet III? They have not even informed us if they already send the AOS package to NVC. Time is running fast and they have not submitted anything yet to NVCranting33va.gif. What are the step by step process of sending PACKETS to nvc? All I thought its just the AOS and IV package we have to send to NVC. Now they talking about Packet III. Please help clarify this matters.

Thank you all for your replies.

Packet 3 is something for K1 applicants, not for IR-1/CR-1 applicants. I'm guessing he mis-typed and meant to say package IV.

The AOS package is sent after the AOS bill is paid. The IV package is sent after the IV bill is paid. Read posts 1 and 2 for information on the process. Like I said before, you need to hound on your lawyer if you want anything to get done if you're not going to dump him.

Thanks for the information bro. I found out today that my case was received yesterday at NVC, and hope they assign case number next week. Good Luck

Was your file transferred to a local or another service center from the NBC or was it processed only at NBC? And it took 8 full weeks to get from NBC to NVC for your case?

Personal
July 3, 2011 - Met
July, 2012 - Proposed (Skype - Texas/Cavite, Philippines)
Nov, 2012 - Formal Proposal in Tagaytay, Philippines
Feb 3, 2013 - Married in Batangas, Philippines
Dec 22, 2013 thru Jan 4, 2014 - Spent Christmas and New Years holiday in Philippines (Cavite, Tagaytay, Marinduque, Rizal)
USCIS - Serviced by National Benefits Center / California Service Center
- called USCIS one to two times a week asking about status update, after about the third month
Mar 15, 2013 - I-130 Sent
Mar 18, 2013 - I-130 NOA1
Nov 5, 2013 - Transfer to local office according to USCIS web site, but customer service couldn't verify location (I'm assuming Houston)
Nov 5, 2013 - Set up infopass appointment for 11/13/13
Nov 8, 2013 - Received transfer letter, case at CSC
Nov 18, 2013 - Received initial approval by email/text
Nov 21, 2013 - Received hard copy approval (797C) in the mail
NVC
- called NVC every single day from November 18th to January 30th asking about status update
Dec 4, 2013 - Case received at NVC
Dec 19, 2013 - Received case number by calling NVC
Dec 21, 2013 - Submitted DS-261 online
Dec 25, 2013 - Paid AOS fee online (Merry Christmas!!!)
Dec 27, 2013 - AOS fee payment cleared bank, so mailed AOS package to NVC. Paid IV package fee online
Dec 30, 2013 - IV fee payment cleared bank, so mailed IV package to NVC
Dec 31, 2013 - AOS package arrived at NVC
Jan 6, 2014 - IV package arrived at NVC
Jan 7, 2014 - Submitted DS-260 online
Jan 24, 2014 - Received checklist via email (said reviewed DS-260 and instructed me to send in civil documents). I called NVC to verify I can ignore checklist and they said yes, to ignore it.
Jan 27, 2014 - Called NVC and was told that our case is complete and that we're just waiting for an interview appointment date.
Jan 29, 2014- Called NVC and was told that our interview was scheduled for March 10, 2014. Also registered for St Luke medical exam online.
Jan 30, 2014 - Received P4 letter in email.
US Embassy (Manila) / Medical (St. Luke's)
- called embassy every day after the interview, during AP status and after visa status changed to "Issued," asking about status update and visa delivery timeframe
Feb 4-5, 2014 - Wife went to medical exam (took two days), results mailed to US Embassy in Manila.
Feb 7, 2014, Package sent from NVC to US Embassy in Manila (according to NVC phone operator).
Feb 10, 2014 - CEAC website updated case as "In Transit."
Feb 11, 2014 - DHL website shows case as delivered to US Embassy in Manila.
Feb 12, 2014 - Called US Embassy in Manila and interview rescheduled for Feb 25th.
Feb 25, 2014 - "Approved," but we have to submit CENOMAR then wait for visa after it's processed, so I guess technically it's in Administrative Processing (AP).
Mar 17, 2014 - CEAC website, visa status changed to "Issued." Now we wait for pickup/delivery.
Mar 21, 2014 - Juvy picked up visa from 2GO location, got CFO stamp, and I booked her ticket.
Mar 22, 2014 - Juvy left Manila, through Japan and Detroit, and finally onto Houston!! :-)
THE REST OF MY LIFE CAN NOW OFFICIALLY BEGIN!!!
event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.